Rico Verhoeven races a female A-level athlete

He's the only one who is known in the entire sport. It's not like his fame is some sort of rule. If we compare the top athletes of the sport only boxing (combat sports) come on top again because Mayweather shits on all of them.

Bolt is a limited athlete anyway, he can only sprint in a straight line and that's it. His entire skill can be shown in just 10 seconds.

Fury is a better more skilled athlete who can display an unique athletic talent for 12 rounds in a more prestigious superior sport. He can do what Bolt does (albeit not so quickly but he can do it) while Bolt would be absolutely terrified trying to do what Fury does, he would be scared to death. I seriously think he would literally shit his pants if Klitschko grazed him with his jab.

Tyson Fury is the superior athlete and a supreme specimen of a man. He's a fearless Gypsy warrior. Courage will always be valued and fighters are some of the most courageous athletes and human beings in general.
Justin Gatlin? Yohan Blake? Asafa Powell? Etc?

Maybe you don't know them, I assure you they are famous.

Not sure where courage comes in.

Rock climbers competing with no safety equipment is courageous, but they aren't household names.

wtf she looks fake when shes running.... at the begigning lol looks like cgi.

Pretty sure that was fake as fuck, it wasn't even very good. Does anyone speak Dutch here? They must have introduced that as being fake, because no one can be watching that thinking it's real.

Obviously it was CGI...why the hell would she be geared up in her competition suit and shit? They probably just took one of her runs and put it next to him for comparison.

You guys have never played a racing game before???

Rico is also over 250.

Sprinters are deceivingly light, despite being jacked.

Ben Johnson at 5 foot 10 was in the high 160's to mid 160's, for example. At 5 10.

http://i.imgur.com/wApjUQE.png

Yeah I get that, which is why I ignore the actual time. That explosive pop on each step is not necessarily something you can train, you can work your running mechanics around it, but you can not teach a guy to explode off his feet. I see none of that with Rico at all.

" Cormier was an all-state linebacker with 4.

5 speed and a scholarship offer from LSU coming out of high school, but preferred wrestling because he likes relying on himself, being independent, having to come through on his own. The tragedy has brought a new depth to his perspective. "It makes you open your eyes," he says. "Wrestling is a hard sport, but it's only a sport. Nothing I do in wrestling can be as hard as the last three months of my life.

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives...vy-heart-daniel-cormier-gold-article-1.522819

Wow, pretty impressive.

This thread is funny for two reasons:

1)That there's dudes getting emotional because a sprinter is good at sprinting

2)That people are calling it fake when they clearly superimposed her with the magic of technology to show how fast she was moving.

Obviously it was CGI...why the hell would she be geared up in her competition suit and shit? They probably just took one of her runs and put it next to him for comparison.

Well yes, it's obviously CGI, I'm more concerned with whether they were actually trying to fool anyone with it or actually presented it as such.

Rock climbers competing with no safety equipment is courageous, but they aren't household names.

All PED cheats lolololol:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...mes-drugs-cheat-athletics-world-championships

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...ents-given-to-him-by-new-physiotherapist.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ot...d-Blake-named-athletes-failed-drugs-test.html

Magic, how does it work?!

magnets_c.jpg

I don't see how these olympic sprinters are "A-level" athletes or anything like that, they come from sports with small talent pool and they usually don't get paid shit, they only run fast because they train for it. Not to mention that the olympics are synonymous with doping.

For me, the A-level athletes are those guys who are on top in a sport with fierce competition and are now earning shitloads of money while also being famous.

I consider Tyson Fury more of an A-level athlete than these track and field bums, I don't care if he's fat he earned more money and fame and managed to do it in a prestigious sport with rich history. Sprinters would be scared to death to even stand in the same ring with someone who has the power to punch a wall down like Klitschko while Fury would have no problem to participate in their sport for laughs.

Fighters are more of elite athletes than track and field men and women, they're warriors who would be respected in any society in history.
Yeah usain bolt is really poor. You're retarded.

Rock climbers lol

No disrespect to other athletes but seriously why is everyone here obsessed with downplaying the courage and 'athleticism' of fighters?

The thing about these supposedly dangerous sports like climbing etc. is that yeah there is a possibility than an accident MIGHT happen and you die, but 99.99% you come out without any damage.

In fighting with strikes to the head allowed like boxing and MMA there is a possibility you die as well as not only a possibility but a certain FACT that you will get your brain cells destroyed.

When you're going into wars with legit trained fighters you know that you're shortening your life and mental health in 99.99% of cases. That takes a specific person to overcome.

Yeah I get that, which is why I ignore the actual time. That explosive pop on each step is not necessarily something you can train, you can work your running mechanics around it, but you can not teach a guy to explode off his feet. I see none of that with Rico at all.

Wow, pretty impressive.

Rico did some things extremely wrong. He had no drive phase...which is where you accelerate and build up speed. He just stood and ran how you would once you reach top speed.

Coupled with the fact that throwing leg kicks as I'm sure he does by the thousands weekly, it's a really weird movement, which runs in contrast to what you optimally want in sprinting.

Overdeveloped quadriceps and relatively weaker hamstrings and glutes is a recipe for disaster in sprinting.

If you look at sprinters they are generally built a certain way...huge asses and large upper legs...they don't have those Cro Cop legs going on.

Tyson Fury is ten times the man Usain Bolt will ever know how to be. Money isn't everything.
Tyson fury probably couldn't beat usain in a fight right now, let alone if bolt trained six months.

Tyson Fury is ten times the man Usain Bolt will ever know how to be. Money isn't everything.
Neither is punching a guy in the face. Nothing sacred about it.

Lots of people think it's dumb as fuck.

Go climb Mt. Everest if you want to be Hemingway-style man. Much more of a chance of dying.

Rico did some things extremely wrong. He had no drive phase...which is where you accelerate and build up speed. He just stood and ran how you would once you reach top speed.

Coupled with the fact that throwing leg kicks as I'm sure he does by the thousands weekly, it's a really weird movement, which runs in contrast to what you optimally want in sprinting.

Overdeveloped quadriceps and relatively weaker hamstrings and glutes is a recipe for disaster in sprinting.

If you look at sprinters they are generally built a certain way...huge asses and large upper legs...they don't have those Cro Cop legs going on.

Again, I'm ignoring the time and even the running mechanics. I'm just looking at the raw explosiveness, of which there is very little.

So?

So was Ben Johnson who I posted before. Hell, so we're 7/8 guys in the 1988 finals.

They're still famous. What's your point?

That the UFC should get rid of this USADA shit, since the average casual fan doesn't give a fuck.

Back