Rico Verhoeven hints at fighting in UFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats his ground game like????
giphy.gif
........ I'm waiting..........
He is Dutch grappling champion and his only mma match is grappling was better then his striking, you can look it up on youtube

Hmm, that is quite a lot of money to pass up on for a sport you arnt good at. Maybe One Championship can fork up the money to have him fight some low level guy to build up his game. He might be able to beat brandon vera and be champ. That would be the perfect feather in his cap to prove he is UFC ready.
He is oud off contract at glory he is negotiating he just does it for a better offer

He is Dutch grappling champion and his only mma match is grappling was better then his striking, you can look it up on youtube

Rico Dutch grappling champion??????

{<huh}

No.

Edit: Yes he actually was in 2012. Wow. My bad and apologies. Damn.

Last edited:
Wow! Huge news if true.
Rico is a very likeable and tough fighter. He seems almost goofy and soft in some pictures and interviews, then when he is in the ring ready to fight he looks like a monster (which might be the juice he's on).
I'd love to see him, Alex Perreira (who beat Israel twice) and Benjamin Adegbuyi in UFC, or at least in one of the bigger MMA promotions like Bellator, One, PFL, ACB.

eh, if he doesn't have great wrestling defense, fuck that. we don't need any of these kickboxing cans

eh, if he doesn't have great wrestling defense, fuck that. we don't need any of these kickboxing cans
Agreed he should have good TDD (but he has been participating in grappling events before)... but calling Verhoeven a can is a bit of a stretch lol.

Agreed he should have good TDD (but he has been participating in grappling events before)... but calling Verhoeven a can is a bit of a stretch lol.
I know. but it's just that if he doesn't have at least minimal good takedown defense, it would be a mess. I know he's a great fighter, I have watched sometimes him in the past, but if he's not really committed I don't want him to just get embarassed

Lol Verhoeven won't transition. It's too easy fighting bums in Glory for the money. Maybe if he fought MMA his matches wouldn't be so boring.

He has been training grappling on and off in between fights. I know that he has participated in some national grappling tournaments. I'm not sure if he has been doing this last year's aswell. But obviously it's not on a ufc kind of level. But tbh alot of heavyweight strikers don't. Also he has trained at AKA when he visited the states. If he would be serious about switching to MMA that would be a great fit.

And he will never pas USADA.

jesus, now that I saw, t hat was an article based on a single REPLY on an instagram post; eh, nothing to see here

I know. but it's just that if he doesn't have at least minimal good takedown defense, it would be a mess. I know he's a great fighter, I have watched sometimes him in the past, but if he's not really committed I don't want him to just get embarassed

Agreed... but he at least has an ok base, see video below:

Only most succesful kickboxer of all time and current world champion, so yes might be you.
i don't think he would look the same under USADA testing, so i think its a move to get more money from Glory

Only most succesful kickboxer of all time and current world champion, so yes might be you.

bwahahahahhaha

current world champion.....yes

most succesfull ever? get the fuck out of here

wouldnt mind seeing him in the ufc, but not sure if he can make waves at this age, seems to me he is just mentioning it to gain attention

Would be an amazing addition to a pathetic HW division. And kickboxing as a sport is pretty dead outside a select few countries (like the Netherlands), MMA would be a logical next step for him. I saw his first MMA fight against a can, it was enjoyable.

bwahahahahhaha

current world champion.....yes

most succesfull ever? get the fuck out of here

wouldnt mind seeing him in the ufc, but not sure if he can make waves at this age, seems to me he is just mentioning it to gain attention

Succesful as far as accolades go... yes he is. How not?

I hope he does. He is a great kickboxer, he would probably do alright.

9 defences in glory does not mean that much
back in the day k1 had the grand prix's and there were lots of other organisations with belts.......being the best is measured by who you fought and how you beat them

verhoeven is in no way, shape or form more succesfull than hoost, aerts or schilt....i would add bonjasky to it as well.

he doesnt fight that much either, he has got likehalf the fights badr hari has, who has spent more time in jail or on the shelf

it's partially not his fault, because hw kickboxing is very weak now, but he couldnt even finish gutto innocente in his most recent fight

current champ / best hw kickboxer now...yes

most succesfull ever? hahahahaha, the guy has 65 fights on his record and lost frequently when the competition was better

People claim that this guy is on steroids by looking at his physique. There are way more obvious and suspicious physiques in the UFC and Rico could totally be natty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back