Reuters: Hundreds of thousands of Greeks protest FYROM name "Macedonia"

I hope you didn't pay for that degree, but it wouldn't be the first time a Greek wasted money.

Yes, some city states were monarchical (which is not synonymous with Kingdom, see Aristotle on Composition/Division to understand the error you are making here).
But the monarch ruled over a city(-state). See, a key feature of a city state is the singular in city. The city-states were independent, self-governing political units of themselves. The city of Athens was, in effect, the state of Athens. They dominated other cities and established colonies, but Athens was the important part.

Macedonia was not defined and dominated by a single polis. It was a Kingdom defined by its territorial holdings, which included multiple (small) cities and rural tribes. Its capital shifted several times.

Your remaining claims amount to poorly formed theories of race and inheritance that can be summarized as "REEEEEEE SLAVS AND CULTURAL APPROPRIATION," and should be dismissed as such.

AFAIK all major settlements of ancient Macedonia were within borders of modern Greece.

I hope you didn't pay for that degree, but it wouldn't be the first time a Greek wasted money.

Yes, some city states were monarchical (which is not synonymous with Kingdom, see Aristotle on Composition/Division to understand the error you are making here).
But the monarch ruled over a city(-state). See, a key feature of a city state is the singular in city. The city-states were independent, self-governing political units of themselves. The city of Athens was, in effect, the state of Athens. They dominated other cities and established colonies, but Athens was the important part.

Macedonia was not defined and dominated by a single polis. It was a Kingdom defined by its territorial holdings, which included multiple (small) cities and rural tribes. Its capital shifted several times.

Your remaining claims amount to poorly formed theories of race and inheritance that can be summarized as "REEEEEEE SLAVS AND CULTURAL APPROPRIATION," and should be dismissed as such.

Macedonia was first established as a city state, like most ancient European cultures. This is the consensus of both British and Greek academia.

Your point is mute though, none of the major cultural centres (i.e capitals, palaces or burial grounds) are found in the Slavic state. They adopt the Vergina Star despite it never appearing on their territory. So your argument holds zero merit.

You make fun of Greece but have obviously attempted to learn about our history. I wouldn’t know why someone would study something they don’t like, but I guess people like you are great at wasting their time.

Large and modern? What? I mean I guess it’s large in relation to its size...and about as well equipped as any nato member it’s size could be but let’s not wax the pole TOO furiously.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about? Greece has more battle tanks than Britain and France combined. It’s fleet is actually armed and does drills almost daily. On top of that it has a giant conscript army to support the professional army. We are the only NATO country other than the US to contribute the correct amount of our gdp to military spending. No other country other than Turkey in the region can fuck with us.

We do this because of Turkey, a country of 80 million that we need to defend ourselves against incase of another Cyprus.

macedonia won't be in those organisations as well as any other landlocked European country. It has nothing to do with Greece. The EU is basically Germany and mama Merkel taking over Europe and creating an artificial border, Macedonia is fucked either way. LOL if you are implying Greece starting a war in it's current state.
<{hughesimpress}>

So you know nothing about the region or it’s history? Then why post?

Greece’s military spending has not been tarnished by the crisis. FYROM has attempted to join both the EU and NATO and Greece has blocked it. Why wouldn’t they join the EU? Look at the stats before posting rubbish.

AFAIK all major settlements of ancient Macedonia were within borders of modern Greece.

All the major cultural centers (capitals (Vergina/Pella), palaces and tombs) were in Modern Greece and are actually nowhere near the current territory of FYROM. The Ancient Macedonian culture was much closer to the coast (for obvious reasons) and Thessaloniki is the successor of the famous Ancient Macedonian cities (and capital of Roman/Byzantine/Turkish eras of Macedonia). Thessaloniki is now the capital of the Greek region of Macedonia and Greeces second biggest city after Athens.

The territory that FYROM holds was Hinterlands and of little significance.

Sad to see Greeks still living in the past because their country is a #Shithole nowadays.#sosad #MGGA

Serbs suffered greatly in defeating the Muhammedan advance towards Europe, and in return the West has been screwing them over. The jihadists who were attacking Serbs in the 90s, have their sights set on dominating Europe, and the Europeans are enabling them to do it.

I really want to know why Soros and why US policy was enabling that and the greater Albania push. They want Islam to spread in balkans?

I really want to know why Soros and why US policy was enabling that and the greater Albania push. They want Islam to spread in balkans?
they create tensions (one example is the tactic known as the colorful revolution) that lead to wars and break ups (like in yougoslavia) so they could bring in their military and take over (nato vs russia). the spread of islam is just the result of it. they don't care.
the only lands that want to stay neutral to nato are serbia and to some degree macedonia.

I never knew it was Fyrom. I’ve always just seen it as Macedonia on maps and globes.

Serbs suffered greatly in defeating the Muhammedan advance towards Europe, and in return the West has been screwing them over. The jihadists who were attacking Serbs in the 90s, have their sights set on dominating Europe, and the Europeans are enabling them to do it.
Nice try rewritting history. The serbs were the bad gyys in the balkan war. Something the whole world agrees on

This is what happens when you isolate yourself. Go Greece?.

Greeks will only marry Greeks, only work for Greeks , only hire Greeks.

They have done this to themselves

A lot of people shitting on Greeks in this thread.

Makes me wonder if any of you have ever met a Macedonian...

Sad to see Greeks still living in the past because their country is a #Shithole nowadays.#sosad #MGGA
Greece is in an unfortunate situation but to say it's a shit hole is a bit of a stretch especially when you Germans love to buy property there and send your daughter's to its party destinations so they can get railed by the locals.

Show respect you heathen.

we practically own greece with all those hundreds of billions of our money that merkel threw into that bottomless greek pit

Lol alexander had to massacre an entire Greek city to force the rest of the Greeks to accept his rule because they considered the Macedonians foreigners.

The Greeks were conquered by Macedonians and then band wagonned to call Alexander one of theirs.

Have you been to Greece? It’s so god damn awesome.

we practically own greece with all those hundreds of billions of our money that merkel threw into that bottomless greek pit
Lol you guys were a bottomless pit at one point too until your sorry asses were bailed out for your genocidal/Nazi like tendencies that crumbled your nation.

Keep sending the money over and shaddap you Mook.

People should be able to call themselves whatever they like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back