Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Elections Republicans Have Won Popular Vote Once Since 1988 : Update Lost Again

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by 58miles, Oct 1, 2020.

1. KeepingItReal Purple Belt

Considering the fact that Trump got about 63 million votes and lost the popular election by 3 million I would say that means he does have appeal to the populace. That's less than 5%. If let's say he lost the popular vote by 20% but won the election then we really do have a problem.

2. KeepingItReal Purple Belt

This would matter except the swing states aren't the same every election, they change. There are states that no matter what Trump would have done to appeal to them, they wouldn't have voted. It also seems to me that the interiority of the country was mostly forgotten by both parties and they were mostly concerned with the coasts. Trump addressed that in the previous election, among many other things.

3. Striderxdj Black Belt

The majority of regular voters are older, and lean conservative. If everyone eligible 18+ registered and voted every election, Republicans would never see the presidency ever again. Its why rather than attempting to appeal to younger voters, they focus efforts on gerrymandering, suppressing voter turnout, and creating disillusionment by making people think their vote doesn't really count.

4. KeepingItReal Purple Belt

Sounds like bullshit. Feel free to provide evidence of whatever age groups in what numbers typically vote for who though. I'll be happy to change my mind.

5. 58miles Black Belt

2020: Trump lost popular vote to Biden by over 7 million, maybe the Republicans will win the popular vote in 2024?

6. Sohei Its just a flu bro!

Which is why the EC is horsezhit.

7. 58miles Black Belt

If not for the EC George Bush sr would have been the last Republican President. They need the EC to have any hope of winning the WH.

Isthat-yo bop likes this.
  8. Cfpcommitteemember Orange Belt

It's possible, but the GOP's future is a lot better than people think in my opinion. The left has owned the culture through entertainment/media etc for a little while now. It's really cringey when I hear "Conservatism is the new counterculture", but in a way it is, and certainly will be in the coming years.

Regarding the culture war, the Right has to fight white identity politics at all costs, and fully embrace a nationalist American identity in opposition to the left's full embrace of racial identity politics. The only solution to collectivism is individualism.

9. Prefect Black Belt

They bet really hard on a demographic that is waning, white evangelicals and kept moving further and further right while alienating non-whites.

Isthat-yo bop likes this.
  10. ElKarlo Titanium Belt

Same as Bush, but with more preaching at how he s better than us, while cashing in. Guy is on Apple's board and does jack all, yet makes bank due to connections. He like most of the DC group is corrupt and he only gets these jobs via hookups.

https://www.salary.com/research/executive-compensation/al-gore-board-member-of-apple-inc

11. 58miles Black Belt

If the Right fights white identity politics they lose millions of non college white voters and get steamrolled in the popular vote even more than they do now and additionally make it nearly impossible to win the EC.

12. Day Drinking Green Belt

??? The GOP are masters at marketing. Thats literally all the party is.

Jack V Savage likes this.
  13. Cfpcommitteemember Orange Belt

I disagree. In my opinion many democrats openly hate America and her history, as long as the GOP opposes that they will still be seen as the better choice for those old white voters. Also, they can continue to champion christianity without pushing any form of ethnonationalism, in fact Puerto Rico becoming a state and mass hispanic immigration can build their future base due to Catholicism.

14. Prefect Black Belt

No, they done screwed up badly. Minorities won't forget the hate towards BLM. It will be similar to how you can't find gay republicans over 50 who lived through the AIDS crisis in the 80s and won't ever forget what the republican party did. You will find young gay republicans who don't know the history of things or want to be edgy and pro business. All the republican party had to do was say "hey, this is wrong how cops are treating people. We need to fix this" to change their image but that was a bridge too far for them.

15. Cfpcommitteemember Orange Belt

Trump had an increase in votes from 2016 across all minority groups and was the medias face for racism for 4 years. It only takes 1 charismatic man/woman to change a party. Our culture in general is changing at a rapid pace. They can easily become the party of individualism and small government/private property rights in opposition to the lefts push for further control. As I stated earlier demographic change could be worked in their favor if they have any level of foresight

16. Prefect Black Belt

You mean getting only 21% of the non-white vote that is only getting larger and larger and don't have the house, senate, or whitehouse?

17. Day Drinking Green Belt

2016. 18-29 is 58/28 for dems. Over 65 is 53/44 for GOP.

https://www.pewresearch.org/politic...he-2016-electorate-based-on-validated-voters/

2012 18-29 is 60-37 for the dems. Over 65 is 56-44 for GOP.

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/how-groups-voted-2012

2008 18-29 is 66-32 for the dems. Over 65 is 45-53 for gop.

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/how-groups-voted-2008

2004 18-29 is 56-43 for the dems. Over 65 is 47-52 for the gop.

https://ropercenter.cornell.edu/how-groups-voted-2004

18. Cfpcommitteemember Orange Belt

I meant overall, comparing 2016 and 2020, Trump gained 4 percentage points with African Americans, 3 percentage points with Hispanics and Latinos, and 5 percentage points with Asian Americans. He lost 8 percentage points with White Men.

Also everything else I said that you ignored is true and a possibility

19. ineverpost Red Belt

I believe what we are going to see is the right side of the Democratic party move further right, and possibly form another party or join the GOP. If the psycho conspiracy nuts are purged from the GOP, some Dems will flip. It is impossible for there to be just one party in government. Humans are tribal.

20. KeepingItReal Purple Belt

Thank you for the information. One thing that seems to be missing in the data you listed there
    When I said evidence I didn't just mean the data for which age groups voted how, but also how many people in each age group didn't vote that could have. You have to remember there are a lot of people who could vote but simply choose not to, in all age groups. You're basically saying you already know which way they'll vote IF they did, but how did you exactly come up with that conclusion? Keep in mind that even though we had record turnout in this election there were about 80 million people who could have voted that didn't.
    Without that I don't see how you can say if everyone 18+ voted Republicans would never see the presidency again.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021