Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Elections Republicans Have Won Popular Vote Once Since 1988 : Update Lost Again

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by 58miles, Oct 1, 2020.

1. James Bomb Red Belt

Maybe, but it's a small sample size. I wasn't a big Hillary Clinton fan either.

It would have been interesting to see what a Gore presidency would have looked like.

Aegon Spengler likes this.
  2. 58miles Black Belt

So what? Human beings vote not land, besides Trump may have won 30 states but the counties won by Hillary Clinton account for about 73% of the United States economic output, the counties wo by Trump represent about 27% of the United States economic output.

3. Ottawaguy Gold Belt

Our PM also lost the popular vote.

Ultra O’Dia likes this.
  4. My Spot Not my liver spot. Not my bald spot.

<{MingNope}>

5. Starman Black Belt

If you understood the electoral college you’d never make such an asinine comment.

EL CORINTHIAN likes this.
  6. helltoupee Black Belt

That's fair. But at this point, it seems that what is needed to make this country better, as represented by actual policy instituted by either party, is widely different. Republican politicians in Washington consistently cling to the trickle down nonsense, and the fact that the divide between the ultra-rich and everyone else continues to grow, is proof of that. Of course Democrats do it to. But not to the exclusion of everything else. For most all of the things 'left' that conservatives continually whine about, I have a feeling they would change their tune real quick if they were forced to live in a world of unrestrained Republican rule.

The argument may be made that a world of unconstrained Democrat rule would be just as bad. But it wouldn't for one simple reason. Liberals are generally more open-minded to things and would be more receptive to accepting certain Conservative values that may be important, therefore there is far greater chance that the liberal side wouldn't be much different than what we have now, minus the Republican bullshit government by the rich for the rich.

7. Jack V Savage Secretary of Keepin' It Real/Nicest Guy on Sherdog

Also, I don't think it could ever really happen that one party consistently dominates in numbers. If we got to where, say, 70% of the country voted Democrat, you'd just see different factions of the party fighting for control, with Republican voters lining up with one of them. Even now, it's easy to see True Progressives (Ball, Dore, Greenwald types) being willing to compromise their economic preferences in order to maintain right-wing social policy.

8. 58miles Black Belt

If the polls are correct the Republican Party is headed towards a popular vote massacre and an Electoral College beatdown in November. The Republicans might want to take some time to consider that maybe just maybe making steadily shrinking demographics like white evangelical nutjobs and angry white guys the base of your party was incredibly shortsighted?

Also far be it from me to tell Republicans who should lead their party but I think they can do better than an orange 6x times bankrupt reality tv show host.

9. Oceanmachine Brown Belt

They won in 2016 because of him, they would not have won with anyone else. So he is doing something right. I do think he should of shifted a little for this years campaign, maybe even chose a woman VP.

10. Sickness1 Sickness Belt Double Yellow Card

<Waaah>

11. Ultra O’Dia Black Belt

I think the leftist brainwashing began in the 60s. It makes sense that it would have come to fruition by 1992, when the old generation had begun to die off and two generations of brainwashed schoolchildren reached voting age.

12. n...not crazy Silver Belt

Losing CA 80-20 isn't any worse than losing 60-40... so why bother trying to gather popular vote to please snarky Sherdoggers?

13. 58miles Black Belt

All of the major Republican candidates had far bigger leads in the polls against Hillary, so yes the Republicans would have won and won easily with pretty much any other candidate. As it turned out the Comey letter and 80,000 in 3 swing states put Trump in the WH while losing the national popular vote by almost 3 million votes.

14. Fawlty Banned Banned

The arbitrary cutoff is a little misleading, because it's just as accurate to say "twice" instead of "once" in this case. Not saying I'm not drawn to hyperbole, but this type of stat is a repeat offender.

15. Oceanmachine Brown Belt

I dont believe it.

Romney lost bad.

Also they increased the Senate majority under him again in 2018

16. HeffDoesWant Brown Belt

This is not a good reply.

17. cincymma79 Gold Belt

Bush senior won the popular vote in 88 and junior won it in his reelection. Premise is wrong

18. KeepingItReal Purple Belt

Oh really?! But they told me Trump was there to line rich peoples pockets with money! Why didn't the rich people vote for him? If it's as you say the people responsible for 73% of the economic output won't have much trouble, after all they are well to do. People who are well to do are hardly effected by who is president. Also votes aren't counted based on economic productivity so your post doesn't make sense. Also there is no evidence to suggest that the people who account of 73% economic output were hurt by Trump being elected.

19. KeepingItReal Purple Belt

But not your, yours is an excellent reply with expert insight and analysis. Thank you for your highly valued contribution! You will for sure go far and do exceptionally well with posts like this!

20. Aegon Spengler Gold Belt

Monorails. Less atomic bombs, more atomic reactors.