Elections Republicans Have Won Popular Vote Once Since 1988 : Update Lost Again

58miles

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
In 32 years the Republican candidate for President of the United States has one the popular vote a grand total of one time. Trump won the Presidency while losing the popular vote in 2016 to Hillary Clinton by almost 3 million votes. Right now in 2020 none of Trump's political advisors will go on record to say he will win the popular vote against Joe Biden. Noted election experts such as Nate Silver and G. Elliott Morris state that their election models give Trump little to no chance of winning the popular vote in the upcoming election.

Question how did the Republican party get to this point where they either outright lose the Presidential election or having to play every trick in the book simply just to sneak into the Presidency via the electoral college? How did the Republican party go from winning Presidential elections in landslides like in 72, 80, 84 and 88 to this sorry state where they win the popular vote once in 32 years(36 after this )November?

Just goes to show how utterly pathetic and neutered the dems are. Fucking disgrace to politics and voters that they cannot parlay their popularity into any actual policy.

In 32 years the Republican candidate for President of the United States has one the popular vote a grand total of one time. Trump won the Presidency while losing the popular vote in 2016 to Hillary Clinton by almost 3 million votes. Right now in 2020 none of Trump's political advisors will go on record to say he will win the popular vote against Joe Biden. Noted election experts such as Nate Silver and G. Elliott Morris state that their election models give Trump little to no chance of winning the popular vote in the upcoming election.

Question how did the Republican party get to this point where they either outright lose the Presidential election or having to play every trick in the book simply just to sneak into the Presidency via the electoral college? How did the Republican party go from winning Presidential elections in landslides like in 72, 80, 84 and 88 to this sorry state where they win the popular vote once in 32 years(36 after this )November?
Gerrymandering, voter suppression and then purely by the design and nature of how the senate represents the electorate... it's overtly representative of a relatively small portion of people in the interior of the country. This certainly is important in the sense that it really gives a smaller, possibly vulnerable portion of the nation a voice but of course, it's gotten so lopsided it's beginning to truly screw the rest of us.

Has a lot to do with the changing demographics of this country and the Republicans failure to broaden their base.

Dems are complete shit in many areas, however when it comes to marketing and appeal, the GOP is abjectly terrible

If you are american and care for america then vote for america and lets get Biden as our 50 something president. Lets go! And yes Republicans always cheat and only get to win by the electoral votes.

What will you do if Trump does win again.

If you are american and care for america then vote for america and lets get Biden as our 50 something president. Lets go! And yes Republicans always cheat and only get to win by the electoral votes.
If he wins he will be 46 president ya goof LOL!!!

What will you do if Trump does win again.
The only snow balls chance in hell Trump has of getting re election is sneaking through the electoral college, he is going to lose the popular by even more than 2016.

What will I l do if the electoral college allows him to sneak in for a 2nd term? Lose what tiny bit of faith I still had left in my fellow Americans and hope maybe one day we scrap that out of date electoral college nonsense.

The only snow balls chance in hell Trump has of getting re election is sneaking through the electoral college, he is going to lose the popular by even more than 2016.

What will I l do if the electoral college allows him to sneak in for a 2nd term? Lose what tiny bit of faith I still had left in my fellow Americans and hope maybe one day we scrap that out of date electoral college nonsense.

You're not going to move to Canada?

Scrap the electoral college and go back to colonial times? It's funny that nobody minds the electoral college when democrats get elected.

4h17as.jpg

Basically it's shifting demographics.
It's a dying party. They can't win with a Real Republican on the ticket which is why they had to bring in an Independent outsider.

But the DNC is dying too with all their childish squabbling with the RNC and crazy extreme stances.
Only a matter of time before the Independents take over.

Back