Red State retracts Trump's invitation after his Megyn Kelly "blood" comment

Trump is going to go rogue. He sees the GOP establishment working against him now. He'll have a better chance as an independent and working the angry white dude vote. He might not win it, but he will teach the GOP not to cross him like this.

I love chaotic politics. It's so much more interesting than a group of squares.

Trump sounds so salty, he's like a big baby. "Wah wah I've been treated unfairly, all the random people on twitter think so too!" You're in the run for nomination and possibly presidency, I don't know what he expects. Being able to deal with criticism in a professional matter is necessary.

We should petition Dana White to run for president.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...s-trump-invitation-after-megyn-kelly-comments

So last night on CNN, The Donald said of Megyn Kelly's questions of him that "you could there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her whatever"

So now Red State has retracted his invitation to speak at the conservative event in Atlanta this weekend. Keep in mind the head of this event had to apologize back in 2012 for calling the DNC convention "the vagina monologues."

Also, the RNC is calling on Trump to clarify his comments and several candidates are tweeting they are standing with Kelly.

I think excluding and alienating Trump will only fuel his supporters and possibly piss Trump off enough that he isn't going to sign that pledge at all.

I think stories like these will help him more than Kelly's questions or his answers will hurt him.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...beats-woman-with-hammer-during-home-invasion/

"Had he been deported, of course, Pharis would still be alive. Santa Maria police arrested Ramirez four times in the past two years, most recently in May 2014. He was on probation when he allegedly raped and beat Pharis in the dead of night."

His response on Twitter is political correctness is killing our country and called it weakness.

I agree with The Donald. You invite Trump because you like he the fact that he says what he wants and doesn't give politically correct answers and now he's uninvited over it.

That's the thing. It's not even "not politically correct," most of it is just brash shock value bullshit.

Being politically incorrect would be taking a political stance against some sort of civil rights issue, feminism, transgender rights, whatever. Referring to a reporter's menstrual cycle isn't politically incorrect, it's crude humor.

Not that I'm complaining. Just call it what it is. Political shock value.

The "I'm going to pretend to be offened" patrol has been out in full force the last few weeks trying to make ANYTHING stick to Trump. If Trumps campaign event brings in more people than this forum he's been uninvited to, that will tell us all we need to know about who the nominee will be.

You always have to be suspect of the motivations of someone who's determined to be offened.

It isn't the offense that is the point. You really want a guy in the White House stupid enough to publicly imply a female reporter had blood coming out of her vagina with the questions she was asking him?

Not to mention, there are a million different ways he could have made that point. Hell he could have just stopped after the eyes comment. It is actually pretty telling how he thinks of women that he would think to even say that.

If he isn't smart enough not to at least hide blatant, demeaning sexism and once again has shown he has no filter on his words (and probably his actions) if he feels his pride has been threatened, he simply is too crazy to be taken seriously as someone that should be commander-in-chief. I'm sure many men of power are sexist. If someone running for the top political office doesn't understand why not to imply a reporter has blood coming out of her pussy I don't know what else he woudl need to do for you to see the problem.

Trumps response

On Saturday morning, Trump released a statement criticizing Erickson, adding anyone suggesting Trump was referring to menstruation was “a deviant.”

“Mr. Trump made Megyn Kelly look really bad—she was a mess with her anger and totally caught off guard,” Trump said. “Mr. Trump said “blood was coming out of her eyes and whatever” meaning nose, but wanted to move on to more important topics. Only a deviant would think anything else."

http://time.com/3989656/donald-trump-redstate-gathering/

That's the thing. It's not even "not politically correct," most of it is just brash shock value bullshit.

Being politically incorrect would be taking a political stance against some sort of civil rights issue, feminism, transgender rights, whatever. Referring to a reporter's menstrual cycle isn't politically incorrect, it's crude humor.

Not that I'm complaining. Just call it what it is. Political shock value.

Getting outraged about it on behalf of feminism is 100% political correctness. Which is why they banned him.

If it was taken as just an insult to one person (what it was) why would everyone be so up in arms.

That's why political correctness is so unbelievably over the top now. People turning crude humor into a national outage.

Getting outraged about it on behalf of feminism is 100% political correctness. Which is why they banned him.

If it was taken as just an insult to one person (what it was) why would everyone be so up in arms.

Because if it were a one-off, it would be a non-issue.

This is all Trump does. His policies are shit - "This is bad, so I'll do something else!" - offering no solution, and literally the only reason he's getting any attention at all is because of his off-the-cuff remarks. That's all anybody wants to hear.

I hope he switches to an independent so that when people actually start to realize that he's serious and he's an idiot, he'll be irrelevant again.

I love chaotic politics. It's so much more interesting than a group of squares.

Yeah who wants a bunch of qualified boring guys running for president of the United States when you can have the Beverly Hillbillies. I mean, it isn't like POTUS is some type of important position.

It is only interesting (I would have said funny) if it is qualified by the obvious concession that the man is insane and shouldn't even be allowed to visit the white house. Are you actually trying to put a positive spin on this? That's kinda fucked up. This is about who will be the next POTUS, not getting seat on the local city board.

Yeah who wants a bunch of qualified boring guys running for president of the United States when you can have the Beverly Hillbillies. I mean, it isn't like POTUS is some type of important position.

It is only interesting (I would have said funny) if it is qualified by the obvious concession that the man is insane and shouldn't even be allowed to visit the white house. Are you actually trying to put a positive spin on this? That's kinda fucked up. This is about who will be the next POTUS, not getting seat on the local city board.

We survived Obama. We can survive Trump.

Trump is going to go rogue. He sees the GOP establishment working against him now. He'll have a better chance as an independent and working the angry white dude vote. He might not win it, but he will teach the GOP not to cross him like this.

If I were him I'd want nothing more than to win the primary and laugh as they had to all change their tunes. In the end it will be people out at the polls making the decisions. Right now people like Trump. Ain't democracy something? :)

Back