Red State retracts Trump's invitation after his Megyn Kelly "blood" comment

CMFHqwkUwAAm1AX.jpg

You come off as pretentious in pretty much all of your posts, you think you have all the correct answers but you probably didn't even watch the video in the appropriate context.

Take a moment for a second and think, you have made nearly 40,000 posts and i bet a grand total of zero times you have admitted being wrong.

That's nice, but the facts are the facts. If there is any reason at all to doubt that Trump was saying what he was obviously saying, no one has provided it.

"Blood coming out of his/her eyes" is a common expression.

Can you cite a book, article, audio interview, movie, broadway play, sherdog post...anything...where this expression has been used before?

I don't think I've ever heard it. And I don't think Trump had either, until it came tumbling out of his mouth and he felt the need to correct his mis-worded expression, but lost it once again, then tried to throw it away with the...'whatever', hoping people understood his point that she was angry with him and in attack mode.

I fucking hate Donald Trump, but being objective about what he said and how he said it, what's obvious to you is not to me...I don't think he had menstruation on his mind when he stumbled through that phrasing.

The whole idea that people are up in arms over his comment is laughable. It's not even a big deal, but of course it's made into a big deal. So stupid.

As for his excuse, I don't care. It is what it is. It has no bearing on anything.
I'm not up in arms, I think it's funny. Trump is basically the GOP id incarnate. This is the monster that the GOP and "Tea Party" have been feeding for the last seven years. This is the monster that resulted in big GOP congressional gains in 2010, 2012, and 2014. This is also the monster that turned to bite its handler and knocked out Cantor and others in 2014. This shit is funny, it's an implosion of dumb.

If we think, however, a bit about the possibility that Trump could end up being president you should be a bit up in arms though. Imagine that Trump is negotiating some important deal with Merkel and she's playing a hard line against him and he walks out and says she's a bimbo and that she's being difficult because "you know how they are when they're PMS'ing". Is that really how you want to be represented?

The "outrage" from the right and fox is hilariously ridiculous. They've been playing up to this sort of thing for years and in pandering to it now look moronic in objecting. That goes for this redstate twit and for Fox and Kelly.

Meghan Kelly is not a dumb person but she very convincingly plays the bimbo role when needed. Kelly's role at Fox (and the roll of most women at Fox) is to look pretty and follow a script. That script often follows a very particular narrative: be submissive to conservative male guests and attack liberal male guests. That makes the conservatives look strong and virile and the liberals look weak. The whole schtick serves to reinforce the older conservative white male ego. It also sells a whole hell of a lot of dick pills.

Can you cite a book, article, audio interview, movie, broadway play, sherdog post...anything...where this expression has been used before?

Can't think of anything off the top of my head, but it sounded familiar (as a version of a "blood in the eyes" theme to indicate anger). As IDL pointed out, he used it to describe Wallace, too, though he didn't add the menstruation allusion there.

I don't think I've ever heard it. And I don't think Trump had either, until it came tumbling out of his mouth and he felt the need to correct his mis-worded expression, but lost it once again, then tried to throw it away with the...'whatever', hoping people understood his point that she was angry with him and in attack mode.

He was being cute by adding the "wherever" to the more-common eyes theme.

I fucking hate Donald Trump, but being objective about what he said and how he said it, what's obvious to you is not to me...I don't think he had menstruation on his mind when he stumbled through that phrasing.

I'm sorry, but this just seems absurd to me. I mean, I don't even care. I dislike Kelly more than Trump, and I think it's hilarious that someone like Erick Erickson of all fucking people would be acting outraged by this, but it is very obvious what he was saying.

I don't think he had menstruation on his mind when he stumbled through that phrasing.
She had blood coming out of her... wherever.
I'm pretty sure that 9/10 people would infer that he was saying she was menstruating.

I'm not up in arms, I think it's funny. Trump is basically the GOP id incarnate. This is the monster that the GOP and "Tea Party" have been feeding for the last seven years. This is the monster that resulted in big GOP congressional gains in 2010, 2012, and 2014. This is also the monster that turned to bite its handler and knocked out Cantor and others in 2014. This shit is funny, it's an implosion of dumb.

If we think, however, a bit about the possibility that Trump could end up being president you should be a bit up in arms though. Imagine that Trump is negotiating some important deal with Merkel and she's playing a hard line against him and he walks out and says she's a bimbo and that she's being difficult because "you know how they are when they're PMS'ing". Is that really how you want to be represented?

The "outrage" from the right and fox is hilariously ridiculous. They've been playing up to this sort of thing for years and in pandering to it now look moronic in objecting. That goes for this redstate twit and for Fox and Kelly.

Meghan Kelly is not a dumb person but she very convincingly plays the bimbo role when needed. Kelly's role at Fox (and the roll of most women at Fox) is to look pretty and follow a script. That script often follows a very particular narrative: be submissive to conservative male guests and attack liberal male guests. That makes the conservatives look strong and virile and the liberals look weak. The whole schtick serves to reinforce the older conservative white male ego. It also sells a whole hell of a lot of dick pills.

Well said. Here's the thing: whether or not anyone can sympathize with Kelly (who doesn't deserve any at all IMO), it doesn't change the Trump comment or make it acceptable. These strawman arguments are everywhere on here these days and it really shows the shallowness of what passes for discussion around here.

(W)hether or not anyone can sympathize with Kelly (who doesn't deserve any at all IMO), it doesn't change the Trump comment or make it acceptable.
Quite.

She had blood coming out of her... wherever.
I'm pretty sure that 9/10 people would infer that he was saying she was menstruating.

And the 1/10 that say otherwise are really just blinded supporters of Trump.

Look at the thread, not one person can explain what he meant (if not menstruating).

Trumps explanation in a cnn interview

Back