Record lows for TUF

I don't think that is disingenuous, she's been on fire in the media this year - look her up on google trends.

The difference is wild attention from outlets that are fringe to MMA will get you booked to be in Hollywood movies. WMMA as a whole being force fed to the core audience is another matter, and this is a pretty straight forward indication the core audience is not interested.

FS1 hit 90 million homes from go.

Sonnen x Rua produced an average viewing audience of 1.7 million. People are intentionally not watching TUF, and you are speaking out of turn.

they super mega promoted that launch, if they would have promoted the same way for an event on FX, the number would probaby be double or triple.

Dude what Im sayig is not AN OPINION, do a little research and you'll see what Im saying , see the subscription number per channel, and on what cable package Fox Sports 1 is offered, if you have basic cable, you see Spyke, you see FX but you dont see Fox Sports 1, its as simple as that!

I have been a fairly religious watcher since the Evans/Rampage season, but I haven't watched a single episode this year. And I am actually a Rhonda fan.

The channel is very minor actually, if people wanted to watch it they'd turn to it, seeing as how they've had advertisements leading up to it on other channels and still do.

The biggest reasons are:

1. People just aren't that interested in WMMA, the UFC can promote it all they want, in the end people know that women just aren't as athletic or as talented as men in sports.

2. The drama from having guys and girls in the house has been obvious since day one. Fans who enjoyed TUF for the fights are immediately turned off by it, and in the end it just loses more fans than it gains.

3. TUF is played out, period.

4. Ronda Rousey is a total..well I'm sure it's been said many times already in this thread

nobody cares about womens sports, this has been proven a million times

Some of you guys obviously do not understand television, this is what Ive been saying all along, TUF used to air on Spyke or FX, those channels are 99% of the time part of the basic cable package for most providers. Sports Fox 1 is the same channel that used to be FUEL or SPEED (depending on your provider) that channel IS NOT part of the basic cable package. For 99% of providers those channels are considered part of the 2nd or 3rd more expensive package.

Obviously not everybody pays above the basic cable package so the audience gets inmediately cut in half. Its simply the number or subscribers. It is IMPOSSIBLE to keep the same viewership because the number of subscribers on Fox Sports 1 is nowhere near what it is on Spyke, FX or any of the more standard cable channels that go on any stadard cable package

Ive been saying all along that FOX has basically sticked its middle finger up Dana's ass with this move, they are basically saying "sorry Dana but your product doesnt sell well enough as we thought so we are going to put it in this little channel that we are starting that only certain people will be able to see"

Bellator has a potential larger audience than TUF because Bellator airs on Spyke which is part of the basic cable package on most providers

Ive been saying this for months but you idiots keep saying "oh no FOX is using the UFC to launch a new channel its important blah blah blah" it is a fuck you move all along, no matter how much you promote it and want to make it sound different

lol could you be more in denial. Sometimes the answer is the most obvious one, people don't care for WMMA and Rousey is a total you know what.

I don't have a few paragraphs to write about it but my argument holds more water than yours based purely on the fact Shogun v Sonnen did 1.7 million in viewers.

Ohhhhh butt neeeeewww channnneeeell

Need hotter chicks. Sorry but only way I'm watching an ugly girl fight is if she's on some Cyborg killer shit. If not, I need something decent to look at.

lol could you be more in denial. Sometimes the answer is the most obvious one, people don't care for WMMA and Rousey is a total you know what.

I don't have a few paragraphs to write about it but my argument holds more water than yours based purely on the fact Shogun v Sonnen did 1.7 million in viewers.

Ohhhhh butt neeeeewww channnneeeell

like I told the other dude man, this is not my opinion, do a little research and see the number of subscribers per channel and what cable package Fox Sports 1 is offered. I imagine you dont pay your own cable so thats why you dont know, but if you have basic cable you see Spyke, you see FX but you dont see Fox Sports 1, its as simple as that!

like I told the other dude man, this is not my opinion, do a little research and see the number of subscribers per channel and what cable package Fox Sports 1 is offered. I imagine you dont pay your own cable so thats why you dont know, but if you have basic cable you see Spyke, you see FX but you dont see Fox Sports 1, its as simple as that!

Actually I do pay for my own cable and the second package after "Basic Family" is the one with FS1, my friend who has comcast also gets it on a pretty basic package (and has also stopped watching because of Rousey)

Now besides your baseless assumption, do you honestly believe that people generally are totally interested in WMMA, and find Ronda to be likeable, but just aren't watching because it's on the wrong channel?

If so I have a bridge you might be interested in..

Do you have any evidence that they're "Shertard haters", or are you just pulling that out of your ass? Did they hate on Gina like this? Did Cyborg get a lot of hate outside of her appearance or drug test? No, they did not. People dislike Ronda because she has a terrible personality, same thing with Jones. Great fighters, grating personalities. Other sports are smart, they keep those people quiet.
Observe Shertards here. Observe comments section. Same comments.

Same people.

Yes Cyborg has always gotten hated on for being a suspected cheater, then as a verified cheater, then as a fight ducker.

Nobody hated on Gina because Gina was hot.

So you have any mor stupid questions?

Same people.

Yes Cyborg has always gotten hated on for being a suspected cheater, then as a verified cheater, then as a fight ducker.

lol this guy

You heard here first folks, ANYBODY who dislikes WMMA is from Sherdog.

Crazy how random people I know who dislike WMMA were actually Sherdoggers this entire time. If I had known I would've called them idiots in person instead of through a computer screen for once.

So you have any mor stupid delusional answers? Because this is quite entertaining

Actually I do pay for my own cable and the second package after "Basic Family" is the one with FS1, my friend who has comcast also gets it on a pretty basic package (and has also stopped watching because of Rousey)

Now besides your baseless assumption, do you honestly believe that people generally are totally interested in WMMA, and find Ronda to be likeable, but just aren't watching because it's on the wrong channel?

If so I have a bridge you might be interested in..

well exactly you said it yourself, its not the Basic package where you get Fox Sports 1, you have to pay above the basic, not everybody pays above the basic package. You are lying about your friend to try to validate your point and you know it, I have Comcast too, shit I worked for Comcast, you dont get Sports Fox 1 on basic

You saying the ratings are low because of women's mma is your opinion, and it might be true but what Im saying is an accountable fact, its math, the number or subscribers is a lot less on Fox Sports 1 than any other channel where TUF has aired before

Maybe because TUF has had 10000 seasons and it's getting a little tiring.

Same people.

True, Gina was hot, but neither she a suspected cheater or verified cheater, nor could she be credibly accused of ducking fights. So maybe there was more to it than she was hotter than Cyborg, ya know?

I watched the first episode only.

These are my reasons if anyone cares:

1) I hate miesha tate when she speaks. I was cringing during the tryouts when the three of them were the "commentators" so to speak.

2) ronda bugs the shit out of me with her dramatic intense bullshit ("tell me when its exactly 6 so I can kick the doors in like it's motherfucking sparta")

3) I just don't care for the male/female dynamics in the house. Just feels like any other reality show.

And while I'm sure I come as across as a woman hater, I have no problem at all with wmma being in the ufc. This tuf just isn't intriguing.

Also, and this is just my own personal schtick, I hate how good they make ronda look with the cameras and make-up and stuff (relatively speaking). I just feel like I'm being lied to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back