Record lows for TUF

What exactly is the point of the show at this point? It got the sport established to the masses, they've farmed all the legitimate talent, and there's been too many "rivalries" marketed that way. An all female season would have been alright but they fucked that up by going with the Real World approach and making it coed.

Completely false. Dodson just fought for a title, TJ is one of the best BW prospects coming up, guys like Jury and Michael Johnson are doing well, Bermudez and Brandao, Kelvin from last season looked awesome in his WW div, Court is on a roll.

This season also has Josh Hill, Holdsworth, Beal and Cody, 4 of the top BW prospects in the sport, Hill and Holdsworth are ranked top 5. Beal was top 10. Sharkbait is a top FW prospect.

The females also have really good fighters. Anyone saying this season doesnt have talent doesnt know shit about prospects.

Yes you are correct the absolute elite prospects in most divs will just sign with the UFC or Bellator and not do the reality show but that doesnt mean the show doesnt produce solid talent.

Even if the show only produces one quality UFC fighter its still worth it cause it keeps the brand on tv weekly.

So assuming the new divisions still have good prospects to go in to the house, how long does that last? Two or three more seasons at most? At some point, they go the same way. And the lighter weights need to get some legitimate prospects fighting on the cards ASAP because the divisions seem DOA. Not to say I don't love watching the lighter weights, in fact their my favorite divisions besides LHW.

They need to bring back the physical challenges from season 1

They need to bring back the physical challenges from season 1

Lol totally forgot about those. They were interesting for sure, they should bring them back.

The thing has had 18 seasons, back to back for about 8 years now and it hasn't changed format at all over the course of that time. The show is stale as hell and they need to kill it really.

I honestly didn't even make it through the first episode and it was all fights. I have felt no urge to watch any of the other episodes. I didn't watch all the fights on the first episode but what I saw they had edited the fights down to garbage and the fights were a lot of decisions for two people fighting for an opportunity at their dream.

Great news!

This show sucks ass and it is good to see everything the ufc are trying is failing.

Completely false. Dodson just fought for a title, TJ is one of the best BW prospects coming up, guys like Jury and Michael Johnson are doing well, Bermudez and Brandao, Kelvin from last season looked awesome in his WW div, Court is on a roll.

This season also has Josh Hill, Holdsworth, Beal and Cody, 4 of the top BW prospects in the sport, Hill and Holdsworth are ranked top 5. Beal was top 10. Sharkbait is a top FW prospect.

The females also have really good fighters. Anyone saying this season doesnt have talent doesnt know shit about prospects.

Yes you are correct the absolute elite prospects in most divs will just sign with the UFC or Bellator and not do the reality show but that doesnt mean the show doesnt produce solid talent.

Even if the show only produces one quality UFC fighter its still worth it cause it keeps the brand on tv weekly.

if you read the post i said "almost" not "all" - dodson is the one of the few who made a splash and part of that has to do with how thin the div he fights in is - the vast majority of tuf contestants are "1 and done" fighters in the ufc and guys you say are doing well: guys like jury, johnson and macgee are mid-tier fighters at best and will never be contenders or champs which i admit is doing well for a tuf alum - gastelum has looked good against nobodies - most tuf winners look good out of the gate because zuffa makes sure to pit them against fighters they should beat -
i haven't bothered to watch the show for some time but i did see a list of fighters on the show and i recognized a number of the female names (bassler, modeferri and a few others - the women have few decent prospects so it makes sense that they'd get decent ones to compete) - however, that's a huge bust since almost none of them are true 135'ers and will get their asses handed to them in the ufc fighting women who are literally 2 weight classes above their optimal weight

I watch it online like many others. Plus new channel. And some probably aren't interested in WMMA or 135ers.

One thing that kills me fighters are fighting to get into the ufc well most of the losers get in too whats the point

New channel, same old TUF... bad combination. It's no wonder the ratings are low. Also a lot of guys don't like to watch women or 135 pounders fight, although that MAY be offset by new female fans - I don't know enough about the numbers to tell.

I know little to nothing about television ratings.

I've watched most seasons of TUF (depending on my schedule) and have been getting a bit tired of the Real World aspect of it in the past few seasons. I'm in it for the fights and was hoping they'd somehow emphasize that part of the competition more somehow.

When they decided to have Miesha and Ronda coach and to go co-ed with the housing, it was like they doubled down on being Jersey Shore. I haven't watched at all, after all, Duck Dynasty is on the other channel.

It was the most "real world" like in the the earlier seasons. Despite what people seem to think they focus less on the drama and more on the fights now then they did in the earlier years.

Some of you guys obviously do not understand television, this is what Ive been saying all along, TUF used to air on Spyke or FX, those channels are 99% of the time part of the basic cable package for most providers. Sports Fox 1 is the same channel that used to be FUEL or SPEED (depending on your provider) that channel IS NOT part of the basic cable package. For 99% of providers those channels are considered part of the 2nd or 3rd more expensive package.

Obviously not everybody pays above the basic cable package so the audience gets inmediately cut in half. Its simply the number or subscribers. It is IMPOSSIBLE to keep the same viewership because the number of subscribers on Fox Sports 1 is nowhere near what it is on Spyke, FX or any of the more standard cable channels that go on any stadard cable package

Ive been saying all along that FOX has basically sticked its middle finger up Dana's ass with this move, they are basically saying "sorry Dana but your product doesnt sell well enough as we thought so we are going to put it in this little channel that we are starting that only certain people will be able to see"

Bellator has a potential larger audience than TUF because Bellator airs on Spyke which is part of the basic cable package on most providers

Ive been saying this for months but you idiots keep saying "oh no FOX is using the UFC to launch a new channel its important blah blah blah" it is a fuck you move all along, no matter how much you promote it and want to make it sound different

And the UFC doesn't really have any control over it. Fox has moved all of their best shows to get leverage.

The 'new channel' argument is nonsense. Sonnen x Rua pulled great numbers the week before TUF launched on that very same channel its first day of existence. People will find the station to watch TUF if they want it.

I've watched every single season since the start and this is the very first season I've completely skipped. I've not watched 30 seconds of this season.

The WMMA mixed with men is a bad gimmick and I've had enough of getting force fed something I'm not interested. Voted with my eyeballs. Looks like everyone else did, too.

Some of you guys obviously do not understand television, this is what Ive been saying all along, TUF used to air on Spyke or FX, those channels are 99% of the time part of the basic cable package for most providers. Sports Fox 1 is the same channel that used to be FUEL or SPEED (depending on your provider) that channel IS NOT part of the basic cable package. For 99% of providers those channels are considered part of the 2nd or 3rd more expensive package.

Obviously not everybody pays above the basic cable package so the audience gets inmediately cut in half. Its simply the number or subscribers. It is IMPOSSIBLE to keep the same viewership because the number of subscribers on Fox Sports 1 is nowhere near what it is on Spyke, FX or any of the more standard cable channels that go on any stadard cable package

Ive been saying all along that FOX has basically sticked its middle finger up Dana's ass with this move, they are basically saying "sorry Dana but your product doesnt sell well enough as we thought so we are going to put it in this little channel that we are starting that only certain people will be able to see"

Bellator has a potential larger audience than TUF because Bellator airs on Spyke which is part of the basic cable package on most providers

Ive been saying this for months but you idiots keep saying "oh no FOX is using the UFC to launch a new channel its important blah blah blah" it is a fuck you move all along, no matter how much you promote it and want to make it sound different

FS1 hit 90 million homes from go.

Sonnen x Rua produced an average viewing audience of 1.7 million. People are intentionally not watching TUF, and you are speaking out of turn.

Back