Record lows for TUF

TUF is old news, I watched the first few season, after the comeback season I stopped caring, its just another crappy reality show at this point

Observe Shertards here. Observe comments section. Same comments.

Same people.

Yes Cyborg has always gotten hated on for being a suspected cheater, then as a verified cheater, then as a fight ducker.

Nobody hated on Gina because Gina was hot.

So you have any mor stupid questions?

Cyborg is a bad comparison then, my bad. But the Gina comparison still stands. Thousands of Sherdoggers think Ronda is hot. You're a liar if you don't think she's attractive. Though Gina was definitely hotter, she had a great personality.

well exactly you said it yourself, its not the Basic package where you get Fox Sports 1, you have to pay above the basic, not everybody pays above the basic package. You are lying about your friend to try to validate your point and you know it, I have Comcast too, shit I worked for Comcast, you dont get Sports Fox 1 on basic

You saying the ratings are low because of women's mma is your opinion, and it might be true but what Im saying is an accountable fact, its math, the number or subscribers is a lot less on Fox Sports 1 than any other channel where TUF has aired before

I'm not lying about my friend but ok, assume more. His package isn't the most basic you can get, it's the next level up, which is why I said "pretty basic".

But regardless for your argument to work you have to assume the following

1.The majority of MMA fans would be watching this, but can't because they don't have the channel. (disproven by the numbers for Shogun vs Sonnen, which were better than most FX events)

2. People who say they dislike Ronda and aren't interested in WMMA are in the minority (which if they are, not only are they one very vocal minority, but the people who can't watch because of the channel are some of the quietest people on this earth)

Also, the ratings for the first episode were 750k while this one is around 300k, how can you explain that?

I can, Ronda is very unlikeable, and the core audience just isn't that into WMMA. I don't know why you insist on clinging to this channel argument, but it's so arbitrary it's laughable when the real reason is as obvious as can be.

I thought Ronda vs Tate would be interesting but it's been annoying cat fighting. I think both of them fit better in 10 second sound bites. Didn't need to see that Ronda cries over everything and overreacts to every situation.

Might have something to do with being on a shit network that many of us don't get. I'm glad it's failing, I'm annoyed that UFC put all their programming on FS1.

Yeah, here in canada they took all their prelims and fight nights off of sportsnet 1 (which I got) and put it onto sportnet360 (a channel I would conveniently have to pay extra for). That's why I don't feel guilty at all when I stream certain events.

Get your hand out of my pockets and I'll stop filching from your wallet.

Meh TUF has been a dying product for years now.

MMA has already gotten to the point where they don't need that show anymore.

who cares? it's a reality show

I thought Ronda vs Tate would be interesting but it's been annoying cat fighting. I think both of them fit better in 10 second sound bites. Didn't need to see that Ronda cries over everything and overreacts to every situation.

She already told the public long before debuting in the UFC that she cries easy over everything, happy or sad. If that's why she annoys you, then the problem is with you, not her. I at least can respect someone who doesn't act fake and play the game, smiling and laughing and being "respectful" in front of the cameras, all the while playing head games and acting like a plotting high school benched cheerleader.

The show is stale as shit, even though the women fighting angle is refreshing.

they super mega promoted that launch, if they would have promoted the same way for an event on FX, the number would probaby be double or triple.

Dude what Im sayig is not AN OPINION, do a little research and you'll see what Im saying , see the subscription number per channel, and on what cable package Fox Sports 1 is offered, if you have basic cable, you see Spyke, you see FX but you dont see Fox Sports 1, its as simple as that!

My friend you don't even realize it's spelled 'Spike' TV

I can't deal with the drama of the show. I watch MMA because there's no bullshit, it seems to be the polar opposite of what they are trying to do with TUF. Who's got time to listen to two athletes bitch and complain about each other for months... Not to mention this guy girl sharing a house thing. Fuck it's like watching big brother... Total crap. I've never liked TUF but this is a new low. It's great if you're into crap like Jersey Shore or Big Brother.. But I doubt most of the people who buy PPVs fall into that demographic.

The new channel excuse if bs since if people wanted to watch TUF and didn't know what channel it was on a simple google search would tell them. The reason the ratings for TUF have been declining is no known names and the format is stale. In the early season of TUF I remember seeing more house drama and not as much as training. Another thing that is hurting TUF and UFC events is that the UFC is not very good at marketing events. They grew their brand but now the promoting being done for UFC events is almost non existent so people don't know when TUF and events are on.

lol @ people bitching about TUF "all of a sudden" becoming a reality show.

Back