Record lows for TUF

I buzz through almost everything on DVR except the fights. Been doing that for the last ten seasons or so.

I also do this. Sometimes I even watch the fights at 2X speed and they're still boring.

I've watched every season since I started watching MMA except this season (so far) and the Carwin/Nelson season.

I watched some of those clips TUF uploads on YouTube and I don't think I can stand watching that shit with Ronda/Miesha for an hour

You guys nailed it. Coming from a person that loves MMA and loves to watch unknown prospects show potential, I just cant watch these women fight. Imagine a non hardcore fan. Hell, I can barely stand Rousey fighting and shes the "big draw". The only female fighter that I would be eager to see on an undercard..would be Cyborg.

And no TUF is not dying, just last season with Urijah Hall brought numbers and intrigue. With internet streaming numbers will continue to go down unless TUF goes to standard cable, like spike, going digital with continue to hurt ratings but sooner or later everything is going digital, ei...you will need a digital box. Until then people like me not will to spend an extra 70 dollars for digital cable with either not watch or catch it on a stream, this season however is not worth that effort.

Here comes the ufc shills with the excuses "new channel" lol. Yet Chael and shogun drew great numbers on the same channel. Right.

the article gives a few good reasons as to why the show isn't pulling numbers - personally i loved ufc on spike - everything was there and there was just enough content to not get watered down or drowned out - now they split up ufc programming between fox, fx, fuel (still doing that?) and now fs1 and it does get lost in the shuffle

the big reason however is that no one gives a shit anymore - the show is 18 seasons in and it's completely played - the very reason for its creation ceased to exist years ago and there's plenty of great, free mma to watch on tv nowadays with fighters that would kick the crap out of tuf contestants - just this week i watched 2 rebroadcasts of WSOF and tonight is the new bellator - those 2 options are all fight and no bullshit "house drama"

tuf should simply go away

I miss the old days when everything was on spike, I cant keep up with the 400 channels this shit is on now.

Ronda is getting crucified in the comments section. She doesn't have a marketable personality by any means, they should have never put her on the show it seems. That's on top of everything the article touched on. It's why I haven't watched TUF since Roy won.
Those are just her Shertard haters bleeding into the comments section there.

Seriously. These guys have no lives and this is the high point of their post-puberty existences to be able to talk badly about Rousey.

TUF just doesn't produce elite fighters anymore. It is just a reality show.

You guys nailed it. Coming from a person that loves MMA and loves to watch unknown prospects show potential, I just cant watch these women fight. Imagine a non hardcore fan. Hell, I can barely stand Rousey fighting and shes the "big draw". The only female fighter that I would be eager to see on an undercard..would be Cyborg.

And no TUF is not dying, just last season with Urijah Hall brought numbers and intrigue. With internet streaming numbers will continue to go down unless TUF goes to standard cable, like spike, going digital with continue to hurt ratings but sooner or later everything is going digital, ei...you will need a digital box. Until then people like me not will to spend an extra 70 dollars for digital cable with either not watch or catch it on a stream, this season however is not worth that effort.

it has nothing to do with women in the house - the series has been in decline for years now and the "prospects" aren't compelling because by and large they suck - fighters with any real ability bypass that nonsense completely nowadays - they make a splash on a regional circuit and then get picked up by 1 of the major orgs or go right into the ufc - for a number of years now almost none of the contestants, even the winners, have accomplished a damn thing in the ufc worth remembering

I miss the old days when everything was on spike, I cant keep up with the 400 channels this shit is on now.

I agree, plus back then there were fewer divisions to follow, and the sport was more compelling in general.

I can't recall the last time Dana actually promoted a fight, the fighters are basically doing it themselves. I'd rather have Coker take over, the guy does not need to act like an ass to be promoter.
Exactly. He can't even make it on legit television because of the way he presents himself. If he can't cuss every other word, he's as boring as could be. No one wants to watch fights based on what he says. He uses the UFC to make himself look like a tough guy. Watch the credits for TUF this season, he has himself in the credits hitting a tough guy pose. It's sickening.

Well saving my penis for women only makes me more sexist towards men IMO:cool:
Saving your brain from learning what sexism is make you a sexist, period.
Ronda seems angry and bitter 24/7. Shes just not likeable.

Not at all. That Breaking Ground commercial was brutal, "Fueled by anger, driven by fear". That is the worst inspiration I've ever heard.

[YT]-qHFMsg5qQY[/YT]

Best season for a long time.....I didn't read the article but the three arguments they bring up are rock solid. I don't think it has to do with the ladies.

Isn't the average for the channel like 150k viewers?

I was wondering why the house looked shitty in comparison with the last seasons. Probably producers knew they couldn't afford with the low ratings they were gonna get.

Fans may be getting turned off by Ronda. Also, it went head to head with Duck Dynasty, a show that is getting incredible numbers. Still, it's probably one of FS1's highest rated shows.

Hey. Si gets better ratings than Ronda.

Jack.

Isn't the average for the channel like 150k viewers?

I was wondering why the house looked shitty in comparison with the last seasons. Probably producers knew they couldn't afford with the low ratings they were gonna get.

producer: "you know at some point they're gonna wreck the place right?"

art director: "k-mart for the furniture?"

producer: "too pricey - go ikea and wal-mart and nothing made of real wood"

Those are just her Shertard haters bleeding into the comments section there.

Seriously. These guys have no lives and this is the high point of their post-puberty existences to be able to talk badly about Rousey.

Do you have any evidence that they're "Shertard haters", or are you just pulling that out of your ass? Did they hate on Gina like this? Did Cyborg get a lot of hate outside of her appearance or drug test? No, they did not. People dislike Ronda because she has a terrible personality, same thing with Jones. Great fighters, grating personalities. Other sports are smart, they keep those people quiet.

Hey. Si gets better ratings than Ronda.

Jack.

i get sick of the "going head to head with such and such excuses" (not just for tuf but everything ufc related) - it's like they're waiting for that magic moment when there will be nothing else on the 150+ cable channels available to every household in the country in order to get a "real" sense of viewership

there's always something else to watch - if you can't pull decent, consistent ratings it's because you can't pull decent, consistent ratings

it has nothing to do with women in the house - the series has been in decline for years now and the "prospects" aren't compelling because by and large they suck - fighters with any real ability bypass that nonsense completely nowadays - they make a splash on a regional circuit and then get picked up by 1 of the major orgs or go right into the ufc - for a number of years now almost none of the contestants, even the winners, have accomplished a damn thing in the ufc worth remembering

Completely false. Dodson just fought for a title, TJ is one of the best BW prospects coming up, guys like Jury and Michael Johnson are doing well, Bermudez and Brandao, Kelvin from last season looked awesome in his WW div, Court is on a roll.

This season also has Josh Hill, Holdsworth, Beal and Cody, 4 of the top BW prospects in the sport, Hill and Holdsworth are ranked top 5. Beal was top 10. Sharkbait is a top FW prospect.

The females also have really good fighters. Anyone saying this season doesnt have talent doesnt know shit about prospects.

Yes you are correct the absolute elite prospects in most divs will just sign with the UFC or Bellator and not do the reality show but that doesnt mean the show doesnt produce solid talent.

Even if the show only produces one quality UFC fighter its still worth it cause it keeps the brand on tv weekly.

Back