Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Since the Koya loss taiga is looking terrible to watch.

a young guy who once was known for bringing the heat against tough opponents, amazing boxing skills( wide footwork, could get in and out against his opponents and had his attacks in angles such as his upper body movement)

Fun, Fluid fighter who became hesitant, looks lazy on his fights, isnt seeking to inflict damage on his opponents and maintance the close distance to unleash his punch combos + his former dominance on walking bigger opponents down.

Taiga is probably the biggest let down elite KB of the last years, its a torture to see him fighting like this and especially losing to guys he would beat the shit up if he performed like he used to in 2015-2016

His Brother Hiroya, a Fighter who was a very big let down back in max days peak, pointed by masato himself as his successor, didnt lived even a fraction of the hype being supressed by the others of the koshien generation, but he ALWAYS fought hard in his fights, with will to win, his efforts and desire who were bigger than his fighting skills, and even with the much more downs than ups in his career he always fought with the same intention.

In Summary: Taiga deserves a slap and haves a lot to hear from his brother,hopefully Hiroya does it because a 22yo guy fighting with near to no interest deserves it.

I with somehow Taiga reads something like this, he haves too much talent and is too young to be performing like on the last 2 years

Since the Koya loss taiga is looking terrible to watch.

a young guy who once was known for bringing the heat against tough opponents, amazing boxing skills( wide footwork, could get in and out against his opponents and had his attacks in angles such as his upper body movement)

Fun, Fluid fighter who became hesitant, looks lazy on his fights, isnt seeking to inflict damage on his opponents and maintance the close distance to unleash his punch combos + his former dominance on walking bigger opponents down.

Taiga is probably the biggest let down elite KB of the last years, its a torture to see him fighting like this and especially losing to guys he would beat the shit up if he performed like he used to in 2015-2016

His Brother Hiroya, a Fighter who was a very big let down back in max days peak, pointed by masato himself as his successor, didnt lived even a fraction of the hype being supressed by the others of the koshien generation, but he ALWAYS fought hard in his fights, with will to win, his efforts and desire who were bigger than his fighting skills, and even with the much more downs than ups in his career he always fought with the same intention.

In Summary: Taiga deserves a slap and haves a lot to hear from his brother,hopefully Hiroya does it because a 22yo guy fighting with near to no interest deserves it.

I with somehow Taiga reads something like this, he haves too much talent and is too young to be performing like on the last 2 years
He looked shockingly bad against Kento Haraguchi, just lunging in with big sloppy punches from the outside

I am still pissed that Rizin/Rise did not make Taiga VS Tenshin fight before he started looking bad.

I mean come on Rise, and now you are doing two tournaments? seriously.

I believe they also do no-elbow matches as well.

KO is an awesome promotion with tremendous ring card girls.

yeah they don't seem to throw many elbows but iirc I specifically searched for them one time and kept watching a reply of Wanchalong in one of his fights there and spotted a couple elbows.

More importantly, those ring girls are awesome indeed. I still remember that cakewalk-style video they had.

New fights announcements for K'Festa 2 have been made:

Final card :

Rungkit replacing Rodtang in the RISE bantamweight tournament reportedly

Rungkit is too defensive minded to be successful internationally right now imo. He would need more than 2-3 fights to get used to fighting pace outside stadium muay thai

Rungkit is too defensive minded to be successful internationally right now imo. He would need more than 2-3 fights to get used to fighting pace outside stadium muay thai
Too early to judge. I think he'll do fine but maybe the judges won't like it. I don't think he is a particularly defensive fighter, he is just clever both in defense and offense. I would have liked to see him move up in weight in the stadiums though.

Does anyone know if Hiramoto Ren has been active after beating Kaew?

He Hasn't, there is rumors that he's not reconducting his contract with K-1.
It seems like he had an exhibition match in august. Also seen some videos of him training and it looks like he gained some weight. Looks powerful but a bit fat

Does anyone know if Hiramoto Ren has been active after beating Kaew?
He announced he is now a 67.5kg fighter and did that exhibit but nothing else. His social media seems to be him busy with a lot of non-kickboxing stuff.

Where could he go outside K1 though? Does Rise even have proper welterweight division? I also doubt he is going to compete regularly outside of Japan

Where could he go outside K1 though? Does Rise even have proper welterweight division? I also doubt he is going to compete regularly outside of Japan
If he puts on some muscle he would be a good addition to Glory at 70 kg. I know it will probably not happen but one can always wish

Physically he doesn't look too big for 65 kg but i guess he doesn't like cutting too much weight. I bet guys like Serhey Adamchuk are heavier than him.

Japanese fighters always seem to bring the action, a few more japanese fighters in Glory wouldn't hurt.

Last edited:
RISE tournament will be broadcast on Abema TV, so get your VPN ready. The semi final/final is probably going to be kickboxing event of the year.

Rooting for Suakim to win the whole thing.

Back