Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

They still havent figured out the first round match up?

Shirou was considered a good prospect among Japanese muay thai fans a few years back, but he kept losing meaningful even against lower-level Thai. I wonder if it is even possible that he could get pass the second-round of the tournament.

If Suakim, Rodtung and Tenshin all get to the second round, I hope they dont do Thai V Thai match up. But that is the real possibility since Tenshin is their star, and both could really damage Tenshin badly even if they might lose.

That makes me wonder how much Rise is paying Tenshin. It is not like they have a primetime TV deal pipeline, so I guess Tenshin is getting 50-60k max?

Last edited by a moderator:
They still havent figured out the first round match up?

Shirou was considered a good prospect among Japanese muay thai fans a few years back, but he kept losing meaningful even against lower-level Thai. I wonder if it is even possible that he could get pass the second-round of the tournament.

If Suakim, Rodtung and Tenshin all get to the second round, I hope they dont do Thai V Thai match up. But that is the real possibility since Tenshin is their star, and both could really damage Tenshin badly even if they might lose.

That makes me wonder how much Rise is paying Tenshin. It is not like they have a primetime TV deal pipeline, so I guess Tenshin is getting 50-60k max?
Tenshin will probably get 50-60k if he wins the tournament, fight by fight is probably half that if less
I think they will set it up for a Tenshin-Rodtang final

He has no chance. He is a muay thai fighter so thai fighters won't take dives.

Ask Tetsuya Yamato and Genji Umeno. LOL
Ask the hundreds of old Thai fighter tuk tuk drivers taking dives against drunk Europeans. Theirs litterally a whole industry of taking dives.

Ask the hundreds of old Thai fighter tuk tuk drivers taking dives against drunk Europeans. Theirs litterally a whole industry of taking dives.

Are you talking about the foreign muay thai fighters or karate/kickboxing/k-1 fighters ?

The word "European muay thai fighters" means Fabio Pinca , Jordan Watson , Andrei Kulebin , Enriko Kehl ,etc.

good to see that NidNoi took an english course while he was gone. much better already.

It is really interesting to see how differently Japanese fans look at TenshinVSMayweather fight compared to how international fans look at it.

There are no cry of robbery from the Japanese side and about half of the comments on social media are actually anti-Tenshin due to the way he conducted himself after the fight, saying Mayweather was 100% serious from the beginning and acting giddily when reporter finally asked him the question about size difference.

Interesting that Tenshin chose to be cocky in front of Japanese fans like before, while he portrayed a very different persona of Sage Northcutt-lite politeness to the Western fans. Good job to his PR manager I suppose.

Japanese fans also seem to turn into Mayweather's fans after the fight. From "this boring ass fighter is disrespecting out country" to "This is the greatest of this era and what a great gentleman for praising Tenshin's efforts"

It is really interesting to see how differently Japanese fans look at TenshinVSMayweather fight compared to how international fans look at it.

There are no cry of robbery from the Japanese side and about half of the comments on social media are actually anti-Tenshin due to the way he conducted himself after the fight, saying Mayweather was 100% serious from the beginning and acting giddily when reporter finally asked him the question about size difference.

Interesting that Tenshin chose to be cocky in front of Japanese fans like before, while he portrayed a very different persona of Sage Northcutt-lite politeness to the Western fans. Good job to his PR manager I suppose.

Japanese fans also seem to turn into Mayweather's fans after the fight. From "this boring ass fighter is disrespecting out country" to "This is the greatest of this era and what a great gentleman for praising Tenshin's efforts"
I wouldn't be shocked to see Mayweather having big investment plans in Japan. Using this exposure to introduce himself to the Japanese public. I know it was a quick 9 mill cash grab for him but their has to be a deeper story this whole thing has been so strange.

Knock Out seems to deliver a lot of exciting fights. What is the ruleset?

Back