Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by Shadess, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Shadess

Shadess ...

What the fuck are you even talking about?

You take one-offs with Thai's as proof for some international bias against Thai fighters...

but he is also not thai so refs, judges and commentators aren’t biased against him
    ----
    All of this just goes to show how pretty much everyone, fighters, judges, refs, commentarors are biased against thais.

P4P some of the dumbest lines I have seen on this forum.

Fighters are biased against Thais?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  2. Shadess

Shadess ...

Levin-Marcus
    Meksen-Menezes

?

3. Mafanofe

Mafanofe Black Belt

K-1 Festa 2 isnt stacked as the 1st but isnt bad, Koji vs Ryusei makes a LOT of sense,they should book this fight also, would bring a lot of attention.

4. Kanka

Kanka Brown Belt

I phrased that wrong, my bad. I didn't mean that every person is biased, but it exists among all of those groups of people. Fighters, judges, refs, commentators etc and there are enough of them to have an impact on the fight results. It's not really that dumb that's how cognitive bias works. It's not necessarily something you do actively or even consiously. How else would you explain refs giving out warnings to thais when the other opponent was also clinching ? It happened many times. If you strongly believe that thais can't adapt to kickboxing and must resort to clinching it's just logical to think the thai is the one always initiating the clinch. The point i was making was that in Glory it happens becasue of cognitive bias and ignorance, not because they're anti-thai. Please explain why you think this idea is so dumb.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  5. Shadess

Shadess ...

How would you explain Levin being deducted points when same happened with Marcus?

Meksen-Menezes. As far as I know Meksen isn't a Thai?

Glunder has had odd point deductions multiple times.

My point is this has fuck all to do with anyone's nationality. It's just inconsistent officiating all around.
    I can't think of any real reason why judges and referees of multiple nationalities would have some weirdo bias against Thai's specifically.

6. Shadess

Shadess ...

Like we lost Levin from Glory 100% because of a terrible referee making multiple awful calls in a fight.
    vs.
    There are currently 2 reigning Thai champions in Glory.

But somehow there's all this bias against Thai's, specifically.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You have to look at things in a super narrow way to somehow limit this to be a bias against Thais.

Loriquero likes this.
  7. Kanka

Kanka Brown Belt

Did i ever say inconsistent judging is not a factor? Pretty sure i mentioned Meksen and Ilunga that got robbed and also mentionee incompetence among officials. Idk if you’re misikterpreting my post or not because i never narrowed bad decisions down to only being because of bias against thais that it significantly impacts the outcome of some fights though. And i specifically named thais because that’s how this discussion started, because someone said K-1 is anti-thai.

Just to be clear about your opinion, do you think there is absolutely no cognitive bias against thai fighters?

8. PERFECT KICKBOXING

PERFECT KICKBOXING Orange Belt

That's a trap lol. Don't eat it

9. ichibang

ichibang Black Belt

Well, let's move on from this mess.

Anyway 2019 is going to be an awesome year for Japanese kickboxing fans.

You got stacked Rise tournament (with Tenshin, Suakim, Rodtung, etc), great K-1 match up (Takeru VS Yodkitsada) and even ONE is making its move to Japan.

What is really interesting about Takeru VS Yodkitsada fight is that you can see Takeru is quite nervous about this fight. This is his TenshinVSWanchalong moment, Yodkitsada is literally the first quality opponent with name value outside of K-1, he ever faces. I have no doubt that Takeru will win with all the advantage he has (exp. in K-1 ring, K-1 judges/ref, home country, Yodkitsada's management team going to be stupid and book fights a few weeks before this fight), but how he wins is going to affect how he will be perceived by Japanese fans as compared to Tenshin.

Beating a great Thai fighter is a gigantic stepping stone toward super stardom for any Japanese kickboxer in Japan from the time of Kobayashi, Masato, Tenshin, etc.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    lukeuidswords likes this.
  10. Kanka

Kanka Brown Belt

Just based on what i’ve seen of Yodkitsada i Takeru will beat Yodkitsada fair and square without anu ref or judges help. But since Yodkitsada has a really big head i just ignorantly guess he has a good chin and perhaps can take Takeru’s punches and make the fight look similar to Tenshin vs Rodtang.

11. lukeuidswords

lukeuidswords Brown Belt

Yodkitsada isnt nearly as adept as Rodtang at range though, I dont think Takeru will have much trouble with him

12. Kanka

Kanka Brown Belt

I agree but what i mean is rather the way Rodtang took all those punches

13. NidNoi

NidNoi Blue Belt

Only Yodkitsada ? LOL All Thai-fighters do like this. Don't worry.

Pakorn'd been booked fight in Japan but he accepted another muay thai fight that would take place near.

14. Yodsanan

Yodsanan K'FESTA.1

15. ichibang

ichibang Black Belt

They still havent figured out the first round match up?

Shirou was considered a good prospect among Japanese muay thai fans a few years back, but he kept losing meaningful even against lower-level Thai. I wonder if it is even possible that he could get pass the second-round of the tournament.

If Suakim, Rodtung and Tenshin all get to the second round, I hope they dont do Thai V Thai match up. But that is the real possibility since Tenshin is their star, and both could really damage Tenshin badly even if they might lose.

That makes me wonder how much Rise is paying Tenshin. It is not like they have a primetime TV deal pipeline, so I guess Tenshin is getting 50-60k max?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
  16. Mafanofe

Mafanofe Black Belt

good initiative, both are cool tournaments

17. TeamFedor

TeamFedor White Belt

Are these one-night tournaments?

18. lukeuidswords

lukeuidswords Brown Belt

Tenshin will probably get 50-60k if he wins the tournament, fight by fight is probably half that if less
    I think they will set it up for a Tenshin-Rodtang final

19. ichibang

ichibang Black Belt

Nope

20. NidNoi

NidNoi Blue Belt

He has no chance. He is a muay thai fighter so thai fighters won't take dives.