real reason why Dana booked HW interim fight

Well Danas still letting him do it until he strips him so uhhh yeah

Francis for September was a lock UFC wanted to treat a challenger better then the champ

Huston card could sell just fine with no belt on the line

eh no?
the champion needs to fight the no.1 contender
and ducking the fight against the guy he already lost is a very bad look for him.

people even clowned on usman when he picked to rematch masvidal AFTER he basically cleaned out the division

no matter how big of a fanboy you are of him, you have to admit that he or his management are doing some really bad decisions there
that will cost him in the future
<Lmaoo><Dany07>

Volkanovski can't defend the title for 16 months
Nothing happens

Ngannou can't defend the title for 4 months
Awwwww hell no! We need 10 interim belts for everyone!

UFC Logic
<Y2JSmirk>
1. it was around 12 months i think he defended against holloway last july
2. he was sheduled to fight but had to pull out because of covid, cant do much about it
3. he got offered the ultimate fighter and unlike francis has a set date as to when he is going to defend

dude come on the mental gymnastics you need to defend francis is getting crazy

It's so ngannou can't sit out and wait for the money fight with jones.

Now he's got to unify the belts to prove he's the undisputed champ. <45>

that's BS.
From what we know from the media, Stipe agreed to fight in September.
Dana just wants to create a belt for Gane, much like he did Conor when Aldo got injured.

there was no need for an interim belt. But Dana wanted to advertise Conor as champion, so they made Mendes & Conor for an interim belt.
why the fuck would Dana create a belt for Gane? dude is boring af and aint a draw, Conor was a draw so it made sense

why the fuck would Dana create a belt for Gane? dude is boring af and aint a draw, Conor was a draw so it made sense
OK, first I must correct my post. It was Francis (not Stipe) who agreed to fight in September.
As for Gane, he is 9-0, beat two very good guys in Jairzinho & Volkov, and I think they will push him as "the next big thing".
Because I don't think they are pushing Black beast, even though it could be (he is a funny guy with a good following)...

Or, it could be that Dana just wants to fuck with Francis, since he openly spoke about fighter's pay as well... a little "fuck you" from the boss...

why did he need until september? he fought in march and took zero damage. I dont think he was going to fight in september at all, his management is just saying that to save face. ngannou even says in that video he's still waiting to see if jon jones will be ready. he was clearly trying to sit out for jones imo

Who knows why he needed 1 extra month. Maybe he planned to see his mother or some other family member. Maybe he had something else big planned. God forbid he ask for one extra month to prepare. These guys aren't slaves they have lives outside of their jobs as well.

interim title is cause no one wants to fight ngannou. it forces someone to fight him

Either Ngannous head is huge because he was almost the B side in a Jon Jones fight or he's out right ducking Derrick Lewis. I don't think there's any other option.

Back