Why didn't Dana offer Stipe the interim title fight?

Should Dana pay Stipe?

• Total voters
Spoken like a true clueless casual

Yeah man I am sure that a professional former champion HW with legacy on the line did zero training.. just shut the fuck up, moron.

<36>
Spoken like a true clueless casual

Yeah man I am sure that a professional former champion HW with legacy on the line did zero training.. just shut the fuck up, moron.

<36>
Bitch shut the fuck up. Stipe wasn’t fighting before Jones made him relevant. Do you honestly believe all of these years if Stipe wanted a fight he wouldn’t have one. Then you are a fucking dummy and the only thing casual about me is the sex I have with your bitch before I bounce punk. You don’t know shit about mma boy

I don’t understand why Dana wouldn’t let Stipe fight for the interim title. If he wins he’s more marketable when Jones recovers, if he loses then Dana has a borderline Ace card in making Jones fight the winner.

Dana’s move makes the Stipe v Jones fight lose so much luster, especially if the winner of interim title fight looks great.
Problem is Stipe would get starched by Pavlovich and Jones would never take that fight.

Jonny only wants to fight shopworn Stipe... not Aspinall or Sergei AKA white Ngannou.

Bitch shut the fuck up. Stipe wasn’t fighting before Jones made him relevant. Do you honestly believe all of these years if Stipe wanted a fight he wouldn’t have one. Then you are a fucking dummy and the only thing casual about me is the sex I have with your bitch before I bounce punk. You don’t know shit about mma boy

You are such a smoothbrain, bro.

Just because he didn't take any fight he was offered before this one DOESNT MEAN he didn't train for Jones. You think he is just showing up without any effort? What the hell would make you think that.

You gotta be trolling lol - no one can be this stupid, can they?

{<jordan}

Dana says he didn't offer it. Stipe says he wasn't asked. Aspinall says "the UFC" told him Stipe was.

I know why you wouldn't trust Dana to tell the truth {insert "don't believe his lies" meme}. But if you already accept he would lie, why not accept the idea that someone at "the UFC" lied to Aspinall? It makes more sense than both Dana AND Stipe lying.
He is probably thinking that Stipe looks bad saying that he turn it down, so he has a reason to lie while "somebody in the UFC" has no reason to lie. Somebody in the UFC would just be throwing shit at Stipe for no good reason to gain nothing from it and it could actually come back to hurt him if Stipe is enraged by that statement and Aspinall says his name.

In fact, Aspinall lying about that "somebody" existing and telling him that it's much more likely that "somebody in the UFC" lying. And at that point is either Stipe or Aspinall lying, but somebody is though.

You are such a smoothbrain, bro.

Just because he didn't take any fight he was offered before this one DOESNT MEAN he didn't train for Jones. You think he is just showing up without any effort? What the hell would make you think that.

You gotta be trolling lol - no one can be this stupid, can they?

{<jordan}
He wont take any fight period and has not period other than Jones see that’s how it works here you crybaby Jones haters don’t see Stipe is the only fighter remotely close to being considered legend or even could remotely be in GOAT discussion and he could have just not fought again and 99% of mma would have never given a fuck. Jones made him relevant again and he had every opportunity to make that not the fucking fact and still does. Stipe is going to sit there like a good mumbling guy and wait for his Jones red panty night and he’s going to like iy. As you should

Dana says he didn't offer it. Stipe says he wasn't asked. Aspinall says "the UFC" told him Stipe was.

I know why you wouldn't trust Dana to tell the truth {insert "don't believe his lies" meme}. But if you already accept he would lie, why not accept the idea that someone at "the UFC" lied to Aspinall? It makes more sense than both Dana AND Stipe lying.

Ahh OK, I thought I read Stipe only wanted Jones which made sense to me.

Stipe is getting screwed and disrespected. If I were in his shoes and they decline to pay me and/or offer the replacement fighter, I'd think about retiring. He's never gonna actually get his flowers.

If I went through a whole camp at this age (I'm Stipe's age) for nothing, to get disregarded by the promotion? I'm out. Give Jon the winner of the interim fight.

Stipe is only not retired because of Jones. There is NOTHING that makes me believe he got his old ass off the couch for any other reason. Being that the case as long as Jones next fight is Stipe the UFC owes him nothing. It may even be wise to STFU on his part because if he made enough squawk and they gave him a young lion that beat his ass it would be hilarious on so many levels but bad for business for the UFC and Stipe

Stipe trains year-round. It is true that he hadn't been at Strongstyle gym for a longish stretch last year, very unusual for him, except to provide some sparring for others on the team. But that would have been during his probationary period at the fulltime fightfighter job he started February last year, he wouldn't have had the scheduling flexibility. And even when at the fire station he made use of downtime by working with weights and building up bulk.—there's a video of him doing lunges with a barbell for legday while on shift.

The very day he was sworn in at the job, he reached out to correct a news report that claimed he had retired. You may think he retired, but Stipe certainly didn't think so.

Stipe trains year-round. It is true that he hadn't been at Strongstyle gym for a longish stretch last year, very unusual for him, except to provide some sparring for others on the team. But that would have been during his probationary period at the fulltime fightfighter job he started February last year, he wouldn't have had the scheduling flexibility. And even when at the fire station he made use of downtime by working with weights and building up bulk.—there's a video of him doing lunges with a barbell for legday while on shift.

The very day he was sworn in at the job, he reached out to correct a news report that claimed he had retired. You may think he retired, but Stipe certainly didn't think so.
Sounds like a whole bunch of Stipe didn’t want to fight but helped out the team to me. I’m not saying anything other than the objective truth. If Stipe wanted a fight before or even after this Jones escapade he most certainly would have had one. Jones is giving him a nice red panty night because the rest of mma moved on without Stipe fighting and a very tiny minority of fans gave a shit remotely. Point out the lie here?

Sounds like a whole bunch of Stipe didn’t want to fight but helped out the team to me. I’m not saying anything other than the objective truth. If Stipe wanted a fight before or even after this Jones escapade he most certainly would have had one. Jones is giving him a nice red panty night because the rest of mma moved on without Stipe fighting and a very tiny minority of fans gave a shit remotely. Point out the lie here?

I was addressing the retirement and "rolling off the couch" part. Yes, if Stipe was hungering for a fight, just any fight, he could have been more vocal and pressed the UFC for one. It doesn't mean that the UFC, with its own plans and agendas, would have given it to him. And the last (and only) time he actively, publicly lobbied for a fight (DC 2) he got a lot of flak for it. So what with a bad taste from that and enough on his plate otherwise, small wonder he's letting the UFC take the lead on scheduling. It fits in better with his career-long pattern of not calling out fighters, etc, anyway.

Stipe gets dusted by either of the two fighting. Dana doesn't want to kill the hype of the Jones vs Stipe fight.

Cause he knows Jones wont fight the young hungry guys and instead will wait to make him fight a 42 year old who has not fought in 3 years and got koed bad in his last fight. (and who is a firefighter / only part time mma fighter at this point)

lol at stipe accepting that. yeah ok. so he sits out years, gets a massive legacy HW title fight vs Jones but is gonna accept a two week notice interim fight vs Pav.

hahaha i dont give a fuck what he says now in the media theres not a chance on this earth he would have taken that fight if offered, NONE.
? Weird post.

You saw what overeem did to Sergei right? That’s what stipe did to overeem

It has nothing to do with respect.

He knows Jones will only fight Stipe. If Stipe loses, which he likely would, against Aspinall or Sergei, the superfight is off.

They want to set it up as soon as Jones returns. It's simple.

Bruh you ain't hard

Chill

People voting no are so fucking weird.

Uncle Dana White has a fiduciary duty is a responsibility to honor investors' trust in ticket symbol TKO which has been down since inception. We can't have money being paid out like this.

F51HgbmasAAOiiS.0.jpg

Bruh you ain't hard

Chill
The dact I never claimed to be hard and you had to assert this makes me understand you were raised an insecure pussy. I’m here to help you feel not so insecure

I was addressing the retirement and "rolling off the couch" part. Yes, if Stipe was hungering for a fight, just any fight, he could have been more vocal and pressed the UFC for one. It doesn't mean that the UFC, with its own plans and agendas, would have given it to him. And the last (and only) time he actively, publicly lobbied for a fight (DC 2) he got a lot of flak for it. So what with a bad taste from that and enough on his plate otherwise, small wonder he's letting the UFC take the lead on scheduling. It fits in better with his career-long pattern of not calling out fighters, etc, anyway.
Dude Stipe hasn’t fought damn near since Obama was in office. Blaming anyone for his inactivity but him is hilarious. You do understand by him not fighting for this long after Frank damn near decapitated him kikda had the fanbase move on without him?

Back