real reason why Dana booked HW interim fight

he's just doing this to force the fight between Ngannou and Jones as fast as possible IMO.

Fuck Dana…

I think Francis is starting to realize his potential at fighting and more importantly his star potential in and outside of the UFC.

If Dana keeps playing these games, expect Francis to fight out his contract in order to leave and make the big money in boxing.

As he should, he deserves to get paid.
He would get one big fight in boxing....he would lose and that would be it. I cannot think of a top 20 HW boxer that would lose to Francis.

this dude out here chilling with billionaires in dubai, here in the video he says he will fight sometimes next year

Dana wasnt gonna let him keep the belt hostage for a year, specially after what DC and Stipe did for the last 4 years.

That happened a month ago, he has been back in training for 4 weeks now.

So fuckin what? He won’t pay his fighters to fight. He strips them the minute they ask for a dollar and he creates interim title shots if a champ gets up to use the restroom. He hands loud mouth wwe characters title shots for NOTHING and let’s those retards sit out for multiple years.

But oh yeah no you guys look Ngannou is hanging out with people so daddy Dana just couldn’t go a week before stripping him that makes total sense.

It cracks me up when these obviously juicy fighters travel to another country for a few months in between fights and people genuinely don’t know what they’re doing there.

Interim belt was made to sell tickets in Houston with Lewis as a headliner. UFC signed some sort of deal with the Toyota Center.
A classic sign a deal involving 2 other people but treat 1 of those guys like shit instead of a partnerl. UFC going to UFC.
He would get one big fight in boxing....he would lose and that would be it. I cannot think of a top 20 HW boxer that would lose to Francis.
And in thay fight he'd make more than he's made his entire UFC career so far. Pretty pathetic statement on mma pay.

There’s your “active champ” Stipe detractors.

Meanwhile Stipe defended 4 months after winning the belt. And fought DC 5 months after fighting Ngannou. You try to lump in a year when he wasn’t even the champ into his stats. Then another year when he needed eye surgery, and many months of the original Covid lockdown into his stats to justify your ridiculous arguments that Stipe wasn’t an active champion.

Stipe haters are dishonest to the core.
Don't forget they also delayed the Stipe DC rematch for like a year trying to make a DC vs Brock fight.

Interim fight was made since Dana said Ngannou's representatives made a verbal deal with him, but came back and
reneged on the deal. Dana was probably pissed, and said screw it. They probably asked for more money, which Dana
does not like, and they needed a headliner in Houston.

Why would be expecting him to be prepping for a fight when Dana already turned down his offer to fight BB in Sept and made an interim belt fight?

There’s your “active champ” Stipe detractors.

Meanwhile Stipe defended 4 months after winning the belt. And fought DC 5 months after fighting Ngannou. You try to lump in a year when he wasn’t even the champ into his stats. Then another year when he needed eye surgery, and many months of the original Covid lockdown into his stats to justify your ridiculous arguments that Stipe wasn’t an active champion.

Stipe haters are dishonest to the core.

Why couldn’t he defend 5 months after taking no damage winning the belt? Stipe did it in 4 months. Now it’s going to be what.. 9+ months for his first defence??

Active champ, my ass.
Mark his words.

I think it’s more Francis saying “fuck you” because of the interim bullshit. He’s enjoying himself as the newly minted HW champion. He just won it. Dana being a bitch.

UFC is a public company and their #1 responsibility is to the investors. Money talks and bs by fighters trying to leverage walks.

Dana woke up all the fighters by putting them on notice, " Fight or take a hike."

The only reason there's an interim belt is cause the card was set for Huston, Derrick Lewis' home field. He was the main ticket selling point. They need a belt to keep him as the main event for the PPV.

I think Gane is boring but at least he is active and hasn't shown signs of being a diva.

I think its pretty obvious he will beat Lewis I just might root for him against Francis also just to keep the division moving

Fuck Dana…

I think Francis is starting to realize his potential at fighting and more importantly his star potential in and outside of the UFC.

If Dana keeps playing these games, expect Francis to fight out his contract in order to leave and make the big money in boxing.

As he should, he deserves to get paid.
Then vacate the title, and finish out your contract. It’s not like this takes huge brains to figure out.

He’s ducking a guy that beat him. He’s sitting on the belt. He’s a ducking diva.. plain and simple.

Active champ, my ass.

Ngannou and his goofy team were outwitted by the Baldfather. Jones crap, fighter pay, world touring and fight date delay tactics -- all swept aside by a UFC Interim Title Fight to bring a Hometown fight theme that also saves the Houston Card with Nunes dropping out.

Play or get stripped will be the squeeze on Ngannou -- IF the Lewis-Gane fight goes down as scheduled. But these days, who knows...

Last edited:
Back