real reason why Dana booked HW interim fight

Francis need time to recover from all the wars hes been in.

^^^Typed that with a straight face.

There’s your “active champ” Stipe detractors.

Meanwhile Stipe defended 4 months after winning the belt. And fought DC 5 months after fighting Ngannou. You try to lump in a year when he wasn’t even the champ into his stats. Then another year when he needed eye surgery, and many months of the original Covid lockdown into his stats to justify your ridiculous arguments that Stipe wasn’t an active champion.

Stipe haters are dishonest to the core.

stipe great but he got obliterated last fight lol he not on that level no more sadly Ngannou way better now I think he still beats everyone but Francis

I think you got that wrong.
Ngannou doing these things is specifically due to this interim fight being made imo.
This, he said he could fight one month later than they asked. That is when the interim title match got announced. They wanted Lewis to fight in Houston for the belt and that event is a month too soon for Ngannou. So they set up a interim title match between Lewis and Gane.

Why couldn’t he defend 5 months after taking no damage winning the belt? Stipe did it in 4 months. Now it’s going to be what.. 9+ months for his first defence??

Active champ, my ass.
He could have but the UFC wasn't willing to wait one month. The blame for this is on the UFC not Ngannou.

I like Ngannou, but seeing him buddy up with these "influencer" types sucks. I get that the whole world is moving in that direction, but places like dubai and UAE are just monuments to human excess built by honest to god slave labor. These people have more money than god and couldn't spend it all if they tried. Hanging out with them just makes it seem like they're on your level just because of their money when you're a star athlete or something equivalent.

Edit: Jesus christ, he's letting these trust fund oil prince types carry around his belt and wail on his stomach. Actual lowest common denominator type entertainment. Fuck's sake.

HWs will continue to do this. The average length of holding the belt in such a fucking crap chute of a division is super low, might as well milk as much as you can out of it. Stipe is considered the UFC GOAT ffs for defending the belt 3 times, then fighting the same guy 3 times, then losing to a guy he previously beat for his 3rd title defense...and that's over the course of 5 years.

I like Ngannou, but seeing him buddy up with these "influencer" types sucks. I get that the whole world is moving in that direction, but places like dubai and UAE are just monuments to human excess built by honest to god slave labor. These people have more money than god and couldn't spend it all if they tried. Hanging out with them just makes it seem like they're on your level just because of their money when you're a star athlete or something equivalent.

Edit: Jesus christ, he's letting these trust fund oil prince types carry around his belt and wail on his stomach. Actual lowest common denominator type entertainment. Fuck's sake.

Lot of people in here that are speaking out of ignorance on this situation so I will explain what happened so people can stop blaming Ngannou for something that is the UFC's fault.

The UFC asked Ngannou to defend his belt against Lewis in early August in Houston(Lewis' home town). Ngannou said he couldn't fight till September. The UFC refused to schedule the fight for September and instead created an interim title so Lewis could fight for a belt against Gane in Houston.

If the UFC didn't refuse to schedule Ngannou vs Lewis 2 in September Ngannou would be fighting in September, but since they scheduled Lewis and the other top contender against one another Ngannou likely won't fight till the end of the year or early next year cause he has to wait for his challenger and the UFC is to blame for that.

Last edited:
this dude out here chilling with billionaires in dubai, here in the video he says he will fight sometimes next year

Dana wasnt gonna let him keep the belt hostage for a year, specially after what DC and Stipe did for the last 4 years.

A lot of real dumb motherfuckers who claimed nagannou would be a better champ because he would fight more often got spermed in the face. Ngannou only fouvht ONCE last year and will only fight ONCE in 2021 lmao

<36>

I like Ngannou, but seeing him buddy up with these "influencer" types sucks. I get that the whole world is moving in that direction, but places like dubai and UAE are just monuments to human excess built by honest to god slave labor
You mean like the Rumble in the Jungle? These kind of things go hand in hand with combat sports. It sucks, but it isn't new.

You mean like the Rumble in the Jungle? These kind of things go hand in hand with combat sports. It sucks, but it isn't new.
Yeah, it's something I've kind of noticed as I've gotten older lmao. I started this account when I was 13-ish, and got into MMA before that. Becoming an old man and seeing all the scummy shit involved with the game has really killed a lot of the mystique for me.

Yeah, it's something I've kind of noticed as I've gotten older lmao. I started this account when I was 13-ish, and got into MMA before that. Becoming an old man and seeing all the scummy shit involved with the game has really killed a lot of the mystique for me.
It's ok to acknowledge you're a degenerate combat sports fan lol. Self awareness is good and everyone has their vice. As much as I love the sport, I honestly couldn't really morally defend it under any other grounds than harm mitigation and free choice. Oh well

It's ok to acknowledge you're a degenerate combat sports fan lol. Self awareness is good and everyone has their vice. As much as I love the sport, I honestly couldn't really morally defend it under any other grounds than harm mitigation and free choice. Oh well
Yep. Fought in a sanctioned fight before and I'm doing a toughman contest next month. I both love violence and am repulsed by it lmfao.

Yep. Fought in a sanctioned fight before and I'm doing a toughman contest next month. I both love violence and am repulsed by it lmfao.

Whoa whoa whoa…

Im also doing a toughman next month.

If its the same one...youre about to meet Jesus.

Lot of people in here that are speaking out of ignorance on this situation so I will explain what happened so people can stop blaming Ngannou for something that is the UFC's fault.

The UFC asked Ngannou to defend his belt against Lewis in early August in Houston(Lewis' home town). Ngannou said he couldn't fight till September. The UFC refused to schedule the fight for September and instead created an interim title so Lewis could fight for a belt against Gane in Houston.

If the UFC didn't refuse to schedule Ngannou vs Lewis 2 in September Ngannou would be fighting in September, but since they scheduled Lewis and the other top contender against one another Ngannou likely won't fight till the end of the year or early next year cause he has to wait for his challenger and the UFC is to blame for that.
why did he need until september? he fought in march and took zero damage. I dont think he was going to fight in september at all, his management is just saying that to save face. ngannou even says in that video he's still waiting to see if jon jones will be ready. he was clearly trying to sit out for jones imo

Francis went from hungry contender to diva real fast...fuck him.

So much this. He won the belt and IMMEDIATELY started refusing to fight because he wanted to only fight Jones for big money. He also went off on social media bashing the UFC, fighter pay, while praising Triller. This guy is way out of line, defend your damn belt a few times before you start acting like you run the show.

Back