Social Rashida Tlaib to be sworn in to Congress with a Quran

Who cares.... not like any politicians keep these oaths anyways...

AMERICQA%2B%252812%2529.jpg

Swearing on the Bible wouldn't make the news. This did and now there's a thread. That's why he's discussing it. If someone posted a thread on eliminating all religious texts from the swearing in ceremony he seems clearly in favor of it.

Am I wrong in my response above?

What's the difference as it pertains to politics? What's more representative of government in the US, the non-binding quotes you provided or the First Amendment?

This site uses America as an example of a secular state.

http://www.differencebetween.info/difference-between-secular-and-sectarian
You're pretty much bang on. Also, the fact @Kafir-kun missed is that I wasn't even commenting on the thread topic but rather a secularits comment that amounted to if one fuckery is allowed then why not open the door to yet another in order to spite the first. More clarification in my 2nd response to follow..

Muhammadans in power is never a good thing. Part of their ideology is to spread the vile faith through any means necessary, be it war, demography, dishonest propaganda, everything goes. Hopefully she won't do too much damage to the Western way of life.
@Bald1 it's not a blind spot you have, it's a clear-sight spot. Don't let relativist sophists make you think otherwise.

Well, my concession is due to the years long conversation @Kafir-kun and I've been engaded in concerning Islam. As far as I can see he has a point (in the grand scheme of things) that I seem to excuse shortcomings from Christianity that I condemn Islam for. The thing is I don't particularly like any form of organized/structured/hierarchical faith. Still, my chats on here are in good faith so I'm not above admitting when he scores a point.

This line of thinking doesn't get past the first two sentences of America. You might say that the United States is non-sectarian organization, but hardly a secular one.

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

Like it or not, theism is written into the very justification of America as a political entity. I'm not saying that's the way it should be, but that's the way it is. Folks should either accept it or endeavor to change it, imo.
Damn your US-centric view! Lol.

The "like" is for your last paragraph. Agreed on all counts there.

I wonder if we're ready for an openly Atheist congressman, or do we already have one?

Freshly elected to the Senate, Rep. Kyrsten Sinema represents a slew of “firsts.” She will be Arizona’s first female senator. She was the first openly bisexual person elected to Congress and carries that first with her to the Senate. She was the first person sent to Congress to claim no religion. After winning her congressional seat in 2012, she was sworn in on the Constitution, forgoing the Bible chosen by Christians — the dominant religion for members of Congress, especially those from Arizona.

Kyrsten-Sinema-Flip-Arizona-Senate-Seat.jpg

Swearing an oath on the constitution actually seems like the most reasonable option.

For some background details:

I should add how immensely popular she is here in Arizona. The district Sinema represented constitutes the university & high-tech business corridor; she won her congressional elections from 2012-2016 with 48.7%, 54.6% and 60.9% of the vote and just flipped a 30-year held red Senate seat.

During her Senate run a lot of people were saying she was "disgusting" and accused her of being some anti-American, anti-military, anti-law enforcement "radical leftist" because she's bisexual, was an anti-war activist when the US was about to invade Iraq, took shots at former sheriff Joe Arpaio and made some comment (back in 2003) about not giving a fuck if some domestic Taliban sympathizer wanted to go get BTFO overseas.

She was there to talk about an anti-war protest for the impending Invasion of Iraq. The interviewer continually veered off the subject and in the middle of the conversation throws out a retarded hypothetical. Interestingly enough, her older brother is a former Marine and has been a LEO for 20 years, her younger is on active duty in the Navy.

Hancock: By force? By me, as an individual, if I want to go fight in the Taliban army, I go over there and I’m fighting for the Taliban. I’m saying that’s a personal decision — individuals. Knock yourself out.

Sinema: Fine. I don’t care if you want to do that, go ahead.

Check this shit out.

<45>

Her district, btw.

lossless-page1-1024px-Arizona_US_Congressional_District_9_%28since_2013%29.tif.png

Tech.png

<GinJuice>

Ya, she seems to be big into symbolism

---The incoming congresswoman said that she has considered the possibility of using Thomas Jefferson's Quran or her own, calling the former President's Quran a "symbol," that "Islam has been part of American history for a long time.---

Anyone that mentions the founding father is full of shit and using symbolism to gain cred. She is no different. Also makes no difference which book of fairy tales is used to lie when you say you will uphold the constitution and represent the people...

Well, my concession is due to the years long conversation @Kafir-kun and I've been engaded in concerning Islam. As far as I can see he has a point (in the grand scheme of things) that I seem to excuse shortcomings from Christianity that I condemn Islam for. The thing is I don't particularly like any form of organized/structured/hierarchical faith. Still, my chats on here are in good faith so I'm not above admitting when he scores a point.

I like @Kafir-kun and I like his avatar, but he's a snake in the grass when it comes to his religion, as the religion itself prescribes.
I know that your premise is that secular state should be dissociated from religion, but even then his point only stands if we somehow equivocate Islam to Christianity. Which a ridiculous axiom.
But even if we grant that, no amount of Muslim pilpul will make 1 > 1+1 if we're trying to dissociate religion from the state.

As all religions are silly, as American Freedom means the right to worship whatever, huzzah for people being free to believe in nonexistent super beings and swear oaths on the silly ancient books of confused rules.
Mandatory <Gordonhat>

If she is allowed to wear a Hijab in Congress, then the Jewish members should be allowed to wear a kippah.

And Babylon is ironically present day Iraq, or the Middle East.

It seems to me that the abrahamic faiths are basically mash ups of elements from Persian and Babylonian mythology and religion. Elements from Zoroastrianism and the epic of gilgamesh abound in the old testament. Even the book of revelations seems inspired by stories in the books of Zoroastrianism.

Basically a bunch of older polytheistic stories retold from the political view of their days boiled down to a single god. In ancient times, in polytheistic mythologies you had bunches of people and cults springing up under different gods (especially in greek mythologies). That makes it hard for a central government or ruler to claim authority. But boil that down to one god and say you speak for him? Easy peasy.

Last edited:
I don't even know what that means. I think there is a talking head of some kind named Peterson. Never listened.

Your quote sounded almost verbatim like something he’d say. Just sayin’ that’s all.

It seems to me that the abrahamic faiths are basically mash ups of elements from Persian and Babylonian mythology and religion. Elements from Zoroastrianism and the epic of gilgamesh abound in the old testament. Even the book of revelations seems inspired by stories in the books of Zoroastrianism.

Basically a bunch of older polytheistic stories retold from the political view of their days boiled down to a single god. In ancient times, in polytheistic mythologies you had bunches of people and cults springing up under different gods (especially in greek mythologies). That makes it hard for a central government or ruler to claim authority. But boil that down to one god and say you speak for him? Easy peasy.
That's basically what Christianity is a pastiche of shit enabling it to be used as a political tool. It has also ripped off the Egyptians heavily. Hell is a composite of the Greek Hades(really Tartarus) and Dante's fiction. Hell even their iconography is ripped off from pagans.
Oranta-Kyiv.jpg

Orant figures, pagan.

They literally just kept making it up as they went along.

Freshly elected to the Senate, Rep. Kyrsten Sinema represents a slew of “firsts.” She will be Arizona’s first female senator. She was the first openly bisexual person elected to Congress and carries that first with her to the Senate. She was the first person sent to Congress to claim no religion. After winning her congressional seat in 2012, she was sworn in on the Constitution, forgoing the Bible chosen by Christians — the dominant religion for members of Congress, especially those from Arizona.

Kyrsten-Sinema-Flip-Arizona-Senate-Seat.jpg
this is the dark future prophecized in @Ripskater's omens. :shudder:

Muhammadans in power is never a good thing. Part of their ideology is to spread the vile faith through any means necessary, be it war, demography, dishonest propaganda, everything goes. Hopefully she won't do too much damage to the Western way of life.
@Bald1 it's not a blind spot you have, it's a clear-sight spot. Don't let relativist sophists make you think otherwise.

5 years ago you couldn't post this without a barrage of "but the Crusades" responses. Time are a changing perhaps.

Back