Social Rashida Tlaib to be sworn in to Congress with a Quran

Tlaib has backed a one-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and has also opposed U.S. aid to Israel.

Also Defended Former CNN Commentator Marc Lamont Hill's Anti-Israel Comments.

z7zQiuQ.gif

Seems to make more sense than having a non-Christian person swear on a bible.

Quran, Bible. Both books full of nonsense so good for her for picking a different fairy tale to swear on...

Was this the chick that thinks her ability to wear a hajib in congress is the most important issue facing the country?

Ya, she seems to be big into symbolism

---The incoming congresswoman said that she has considered the possibility of using Thomas Jefferson's Quran or her own, calling the former President's Quran a "symbol," that "Islam has been part of American history for a long time.---

Cool,

I'll allow it..

Ya, she seems to be big into symbolism

---The incoming congresswoman said that she has considered the possibility of using Thomas Jefferson's Quran or her own, calling the former President's Quran a "symbol," that "Islam has been part of American history for a long time.---

All true and good for her!!

Quran, Bible. Both books full of nonsense so good for her for picking a different fairy tale to swear on...

I wonder if we're ready for an openly Atheist congressman, or do we already have one?

All true and good for her!!
I don't get this line of thinking. You don't like Christianity mixed with governing, so you'll support a more conservative belief system intruding into government because it (seemingly) opposes Christianity? Derp.

How about keep all religious symbols and beliefs out of a secular governing body? Be a person of faith on your own time, and be secular while you're representing a secular organization.

I would get worn in on a stack of my Instagram posts printed out

my IG is lit

I don't see a problem with this. If she's doing the job, she's doing the job.

I don't get this line of thinking. You don't like Christianity mixed with governing, so you'll support a more conservative belief system intruding into government because it (seemingly) opposes Christianity? Derp.

How about keep all religious symbols and beliefs out of a secular governing body? Be a person of faith on your own time, and be secular while you're representing a secular organization.

No since Christianity IS unfortunately mixed with governing and Christians think they have a monopoly on American religion it’s nice to see another religion get some representation.

I agree with your last paragraph in a perfect world but as long as Christians try and claim America I like to see them fail.

Back