Rashad Would Beat Cormier In a #1 Contender Fight

This would be a fantastic non-title match-up, which is why we'll never see it.

IMO, Rashad wins via way too much speed (hands and overall) for Cormier, and the strongest takedown defense he would have faced to date.

I was pretty bummed when Shad pulled out.

Now we are going to watch DC get a title shot off a win over "Dusty" Dan Henderson.

Lets make Jared Roscholt vs Big Nog and if Jared wins he gets a title shot.

Lmao, just stop. The way he beat Dan was impressive, something Machida and Shad couldn't do. He was also coming of a win over Shogun as well. "dusty" Dan Henderson? Lol.

It should be a good fight and Rashad has a chance but Cormier was the favorite for a reason: he's looked great in every fight.

Rashad Evans has looked good once in his last 4 fights, and that was only because he was fighting Chael who has also looked good once in his last 4 fights and that was against Shogun who has also looked good just once in his last 4 and that was against James Te Huna who has also looked good just once in his last 4... you see the pattern here?

Cormier is on another level right now, but even on Rashad's best day I highly doubt he beats him. Cormier owns him in every aspect of the fight imo.

Last edited:
very good fight . rashad wasnt himself lately while dc is still getting better. so i would give an edge to dc

Evans is indeed a tougher fight for Cormier than Jones is.
But... I think Cormier would win that fight.

Cormier has fought no one even close to the skill of Rashad yet. No way he would take a fight that dangerous. I would be happy if he even fought a competent, dangerous striker in his prime like Manuwa.

Lol holy shit this post is chock full of stupid

He may be faster, but DC boxing is more technical and has better wrestling IMO

DC is probably the best wrestler in all of MMA. He rag dolls heavyweights, yet he'll be able to do nothing against Evans?! He didn't even wrestle Nog. He's way past his prime and the UFC doesn't want to see a rematch against Jones.

Evans is outmatched, he had nothing for Hendo wrestling wise and we saw what DC did to Hendo.

Rashad has a very crackable chin as well, it's just a horrible fight for Rashad. Cormier is better in everything except pure speed

TS must be on crack if he thinks Rashad handles DC. Rashad doesnt box up Cormier, Cormier is a fantastic striker. Being quicker doesnt mean you are better technically. Honestly I think Cormier beats him everywhere.

the rashad that fought hendo and lil nog would not have a chance. However rashad at his best would make a great fight

Cormier has fought no one even close to the skill of Rashad yet. No way he would take a fight that dangerous. I would be happy if he even fought a competent, dangerous striker in his prime like Manuwa.

Big Foot and Barnett would trash Rashad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back