Rashad Would Beat Cormier In a #1 Contender Fight

I think it's an unspoken rule with "explosive" and "athletic" fighters that have cred in wrestling. They stand and bang ala Jones/Shad.

I think Shad wins in a 5 round with Cormier if they box the whole time which I hope happens lol

Cormier is an Olympic wrestler who actually lives up to his hype. Rashad will not be able to take DC down. Cormier's striking won him fights at HW and schooled Hendo at LHW.

There is no way Evans beats Cormier. Evans may be faster, but Cormier's superior wrestling and striking would neutralize speed advantage that Rashad may have.

DC toyed with Henderson, something Evans could not do. He easily knocked out the Big Foot (who knocked out Overeem). Cormier outgrappled Josh Barnett. Also, DC trains with the current HW champ Cain.

The best Evans can hope for against Cormier is going the distance.

In what world did his striking school Hendo? He won that based on his wrestling and by virtue of being way bigger.

Rashad would box him up ^^^^

Indeed sir, Shad by UD.

MMA wrestling is a tad bit different than amateur wrestling so it remains to be seen how well DC can handle a caliber fighter that Shad is.

Fck I wanna see this fight so bad.
Make it a #1 contender fight dana I wanna see Shad get that title again!

In what world did his striking school Hendo? He won that based on his wrestling and by virtue of being way bigger.

Yup by no means did his striking win him the Hendo fight or the Nelson fight if that.

DC has been on a takedown spree lately and no one is pointing that out.

Shadow warrior?
I should rather say Shad-owy warrior.
Once upon a time He had his time, fights, belt and I also believe once upon a time he was in his prime.
He could still pose a threat at 205 now, but he is inevitably moving towards the goatkeeper of the division.

Indeed sir, Shad by UD.

MMA wrestling is a tad bit different than amateur wrestling so it remains to be seen how well DC can handle a caliber fighter that Shad is.

Fck I wanna see this fight so bad.
Make it a #1 contender fight dana I wanna see Shad get that title again!
I want to see him get a title shot again too! Whether Jones or Gus wins the rematch, it doesn't matter. I think Gus/Shad or Jones/Shad 2 sounds awesome.

I'd much rather see Rashad fight for the belt than DC because all Cormier will do is try to get the takedown.

Rashad will actually stand and bang. He might look for a takedown as well, but his striking is better than DC's and he isn't scurred to box with Gus or Jones.

Rashad obviously doesn't have the wrestling credentials that DC does but his MMA wrestling is top notch.

The biggest question mark in the fight, if it ever happens, is which Rashad shows up?
Aggressive or Defensive Rashad?

even if he totally dominated the fight against henderson and definitely able to TD easily anyone, he didnt did much damage on the ground imo.
Rashad could have a chance if he's able to maintain the fight on his feet.

I like wresling but i dont like favoring wresling in ufc. Maybe because wresling is "national sport in usa so they want to see more americans dominant. Bellator is doing opposite, they respect standup more somehow and it has more logic. Punch and kick do damage, takedown in most cases not.

Dont compare tyron woodleys takedown on carlos that damaged his acl, i have in mind hendrix lying on lawler last 30 seconds of fifth round....

TAKEDOWN MAKES FIGHT MORE PASSIVE

Rashad obviously doesn't have the wrestling credentials that DC does but his MMA wrestling is top notch.

The biggest question mark in the fight, if it ever happens, is which Rashad shows up?
Aggressive or Defensive Rashad?
This.

And also, I hope aggressive Rashad shows up.

The Shad that fought Chael was in total beast mode.

This.

And also, I hope aggressive Rashad shows up.

The Shad that fought Chael was in total beast mode.

He looked great in that fight, but it was against Chael. Cormier would have thrown Chael out of the cage.

I like wresling but i dont like favoring wresling in ufc. Maybe because wresling is "national sport in usa so they want to see more americans dominant. Bellator is doing opposite, they respect standup more somehow and it has more logic. Punch and kick do damage, takedown in most cases not.

Dont compare tyron woodleys takedown on carlos that damaged his acl, i have in mind hendrix lying on lawler last 30 seconds of fifth round....

TAKEDOWN MAKES FIGHT MORE PASSIVE
I have always been a striker, I didn't wrestle in high school. So obviously I favor striking in MMA.

But you have to be fair.. Yes, Hendricks fcking lay n prayed on Condit and Lawler and it was pathetic.

Davis scored two takedowns out of ten attempts on Machida and he did NOTHING with the takedowns, yet somehow it scored enough points for him to win the fight which was total bullshit.

But then when you see a guy like Jones takedown Machida and split his head open with an elbow, you have to respect that. Not all wrestlers make fights boring with takedowns.

Look at how Jones elbowed the shit out of Vera after he took him down. Or when Rashad murdered Chael after he took him down...

Not all takedowns lead to passive fights.

Edit: Dude, your name is Taliban.. Wtf is wrong with you?

Kevin-Garnett-Reaction-at-2013-Dunk-Contest.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back