Rashad on Lil Nog: "He's a Really Good Boxer, Good Counter Puncher, But I'm Faster."

Shad's top game and takedows will be too much for Lil Nog, but if he decides to stand and trade I could see him get TKO'd

He's right on all accounts (no homo). I think Rashad finishes him in the 3rd.

as much as i hated rashad against my man rampage...

rashad is going to ko nog 2nd round

like tyson said "speed kills"?

Tyson was a phenom and he definitely had the speed to match his power (which is saying a lot!)

Rashad imo has the power but doesn't really have the speed. Can he throw a left or right hook with a lot of velocity? Yes he most certainly can. Is he fast at resetting and following up on a successive strike? no, not at all. In fact he's actually pretty slow in that regards; and if he were he would've been able to TKO rampage and davis after he had them stunned.

Last edited:
I agree.

Rogerio is as technically sound as they come, but his physical speed and reflexes leave a lot to be desired.

Its the truth

Im a little sad because I belive Lil Nog is gonna get his ass beat, but I like Shad too, lol

This will be Davis fight all over again, only with clearer UD for Rashad.

Rooting for Nog, but that's my realistic prediction.

When had Rogerio shown such brutal leg kicks though?

Hard to face facts when you want the fighter likely on the losing end to win, but agree with this 100%.

As for people wondering about the match....Jones.

I think Rashad could outstrike Lil Nog he has good boxing in his own right and his threat of the takedown coupled with his speed should be enough for him to win a UD.

Rashad's chin is a little weak, but very few people recover from getting rocked the same way Rashad does. Jones had him in trouble a tonne during their fight and he survived to decision, which I found pretty impressive. I say Shad by decision, where he mixes in strategic takedowns near the end of the round and otherwise keeps it standing.

His chin is fine, look at the people he's faced its not surprising he's been rocked a few times.

Rashad has quicker takedowns in MMA than Phil Davis. I figure that Rashad will take him down as much as possible. I really don't think he wants boxing exchanges with diet nog, though I could be wrong.

Well that's pretty much a dead-on statement. However, I wouldn't say Lil Nog is a "really good" boxer. His technique is terrible but his power and accuracy carry him a long way.

no way is rashad better looking than Rogerio.

Rashad beats him everywhere in every aspect. Maybe except in durable department.

Seeing how Rogerio did vs Davis and Bader, style wise I dont like this fight for him. Although, he did TKO Tito and looked good. And Rashad is not a guy who can take a punch well.

I think Rashad by UD as long as he doesnt get hit too hard. If he does, Rogerio by TKO

Agreed. Rashad will probably win if lil Nog doesn't. :rolleyes:

Rashad has great wrestling and a BJJ blackbelt, yet I've never seen him go for a sub.

That may be true, but you have seen him get dominant positions on very good grapplers. Passing guard is part of BJJ too, guy.

He will box with Lil Nog and level change at the right time and score a few TDs I think.

i think he'd feel pretty dumb if he got rocked and ko'd when the wrestling angle is there - i doubt hes gonna box much - of course a bit to establish that hes not just going directly for the takedown, but minimally - thats where he can lose this fight handily

Back