Rampages Reflexes..

Yung Dilla

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
A lot of people on the boards say his reflexes are slow now but I'm not sure if that's necessarily true perfect fight is the Jones fight. He dodge Jones spinning elbows and kicks pretty much the same time as Jones threw them. He even started stuffing a shot from Jones before Jones really tried to set it up he was already defending it and happened to stuff that particular one. Also in the bader fight he dodge that huge left that bader threw in the first round. I always bring up the fact rampage is def more lazy than washed up but at this point time isn't on his side and it will be out of his hands sooner then later. So what do you guys think is rampages reflexes slow or is he just lazy??

whining seems like a reflex for him, pretty quick at it too.

So what do you guys think is rampages reflexes slow or is he just lazy??

Why can't it be both?

He's still a great fighter and I look forward to all of his fights. But he hasn't looked very good in a long time.

War Rampage.
In before the hate starts.

Why can't it be both?

He's still a great fighter and I look forward to all of his fights. But he hasn't looked very good in a long time.

I dont think it could be both at this moment for the reasons listed Hus reflexes were fine against Jones and bader hell against hamill too (even tho hamill is slow which is why I didn't originally use him in the op).

Why can't it be both?

I agree, i think its a little of both.

I am a Rampage fan, but his constant whining about fights he lost has gotten old.

Still i hope he can take Glover out, hate seeing legends lose.

I dont think it could be both at this moment for the reasons listed Hus reflexes were fine against Jones and bader hell against hamill too (even tho hamill is slow which is why I didn't originally use him in the op).

It could just be that he is going up against better fighters. Certainly in the case of Jones.

I said this a few years ago, and I'll stand by it now. Rampage has all the tools to beat a guy like Jones, but never will because he lacks a high fight IQ, and determination.

Lazy...

One of the worst waste of talent of those recent years..
Guy could bring a fight to Jones and has the physical tools to beat him but he just won't try to train hard and bring a good gameplan...
He just seems lazy and unable to do anything else than relying on his chin to close the distance and on his power to KO/TKO people those days

Lazy...

Guy could bring a fight to Jones and has the physical tools to beat him but he just won't try to train hard and bring a good gameplan...
He just seems lazy and unable to do anything else than relying on his chin to close the distance and on his power to KO/TKO people those days

he DID train hard, it was a shit gameplan though i will agree with you. his defense was great, but unfortunately for him that's all he could do was defend. i think once jon hyperextended his knee, he kinda quit

I said this a few years ago, and I'll stand by it now. Rampage has all the tools to beat a guy like Jones, but never will because he lacks a high fight IQ, and determination.

Exactly what I think

He has a rock hard chin that allow him to close the distance even if he eats shots in the process
Tree trunk legs that would allow him to lowkick Jones until he moves way slower ( you could see Jones not liking the few low kicks he threw in their fight ) which would allow him to then close the distance and dirty box / try land a KO shot.
He also has the combination of strength and wrestling that makes him one of the few who has good enough TDD to be able to stuff Jones's TD attempts when he closes the distance or when he low kicks...

Lazy...

He got in great shape for the Jones fight. Guy just didn't use his tools right. The leg kicks he posesses are nasty, but he rarely throws them. It's not about being lazy, it's having the wrong type of trainers around you.

Rampage looked the best against Jones imo.

He was pressing forward and Jones didn

Lazy...

Rampage has the physical tools to beat anyone if he connects with his hands, the issue is can he connect with his hands. If Rampage connects he can put you out and he can put anyone out in MMA.

Rampages biggest problem is his laziness and unwillingness to expand his game and really work on his wrestling and other attributes. If forrest can beat Rampage by just leg kicking him so could jones and many other fighters easily. Page just seems content to box rather then use his entire skillset and Page use to be an All American high school wrestler.

I'm not so sure about the fight IQ part, but he definitely lacks determination. If I recall correctly, he has also struggled with stringing together successful training camps with coaches who knew how to help him game plan. I mean, he has one of the best skill sets in the LHW division, but he never managed to consistently put it together when it came to the actual fights. He has a tendency to get frustrated and look almost lost when he faces someone that won't stand around and trade punches with him. That has less to do with fight IQ and more to do with poor game planning/coaching.

I think he has all the tools, he just prepares to brawl and expects his opponents to do the same and cries when the UFC doesn't match him up against other people who fight the same.

Page can still take a punch. I'd agree he has the tools. He needs to get a good camp going and he can be a top fighter.

I'm not so sure about the fight IQ part, but he definitely lacks determination. If I recall correctly, he has also struggled with stringing together successful training camps with coaches who knew how to help him game plan. I mean, he has one of the best skill sets in the LHW division, but he never managed to consistently put it together when it came to the actual fights. He has a tendency to get frustrated and look almost lost when he faces someone that won't stand around and trade punches with him. That has less to do with fight IQ and more to do with poor game planning/coaching.

Fight IQ played a huge part in his fight with Jones. What I find crazy about his fight is how he threw no body shots, and was just heading hunting. How does a boxer who is at a huge reach disadvantage, and gives up 3 inches in height not punch to the body to open up his offense and slow the taller guy down?

Jones simply was out smarting rampage. Jones was also able to break rampage mentally in that fight, and there was a few times when rampage would look to the ref.

B6j5A.gif

Back