Provodnikov vs Matthysse in the works

Provo relies on power, but he's not very sloppy or goofy.

I'd say Shawn Porter is sloppier, goofier, and equally reliant on power (physical strength more than punching power).

Porter is faster and lighter on his toes. I also don't think Provo beats Alexander. Porters actually pretty good at finding openings.

Porter is faster and lighter on his toes. I also don't think Provo beats Alexander. Porters actually pretty good at finding openings.

I didn't say Provo was faster, a better boxer, or that Provo can beat everyone that Porter beat. I said Porter is sloppier, which I think he is.

Watch Porter throw punches, then watch Provo throw punches, and tell me who is the more natural puncher. Porter is one of the sloppiest punchers I've ever seen at this level. He looked totally ridiculous against Brook throwing those wide shots. The entire fight I couldn't figure out why the hell he didn't throw ANY straight punches or find his distance. *rushes in and smothers his own shots* Left hook! Right Hook! Left hook! Why isn't this working?!

As soon as Porter can't overpower someone (like he did Malignaggi) he looks like an athlete just trying to figure out how to throw punches.

I didn't say Provo was faster, a better boxer, or that Provo can beat everyone that Porter beat. I said Porter is sloppier, which I think he is.

Watch Porter throw punches, then watch Provo throw punches, and tell me who is the more natural puncher. Porter is one of the sloppiest punchers I've ever seen at this level. He looked totally ridiculous against Brook throwing those wide shots. The entire fight I couldn't figure out why the hell he didn't throw ANY straight punches or find his distance. *rushes in and smothers his own shots* Left hook! Right Hook! Left hook! Why isn't this working?!

As soon as Porter can't overpower someone (like he did Malignaggi) he looks like an athlete just trying to figure out how to throw punches.

I think that may be more of a product of how bad Brook made him look by boxing on the backfoot and excessively holding. I do see what you're trying to say though. Provo definitely has more snap on his punches. But rewatching a highlight of Porter/Alexander, porter was getting through with his straight right hand all night. When he shoots in, he shoots in with EVERYTHING. Even his face. (Someone is getting busted open badly if he fights Bradley) He also lacks lateral movement. Just tends to box in straight lines. Provo spends the fight just lumbering around and following his opponents trying to land anything. Porter at least sets up his shots.

Provo is the better puncher, I agree. But I'd pick Porter to win if they ever fought.

Damn, didn't even know this fight was going down.

cant-wait.gif

The more I watch Ruslan train the more I lean towards him. He looks like a beast.

I think that may be more of a product of how bad Brook made him look by boxing on the backfoot and excessively holding. I do see what you're trying to say though. Provo definitely has more snap on his punches. But rewatching a highlight of Porter/Alexander, porter was getting through with his straight right hand all night. When he shoots in, he shoots in with EVERYTHING. Even his face. (Someone is getting busted open badly if he fights Bradley) He also lacks lateral movement. Just tends to box in straight lines. Provo spends the fight just lumbering around and following his opponents trying to land anything. Porter at least sets up his shots.

Provo is the better puncher, I agree. But I'd pick Porter to win if they ever fought.

He has his moments when he throws clean shots, but even in the Alexander fight he jumped in and smothered himself while attempting to throw hooks repeatedly. It's frustrating to watch because when he actually boxes he is very effective. Watch a minute or two of this:

I absolutely hate his style. I think it's horrendous to look at. If I was Brook, everytime he lunged in like that I'd hold his ass too to keep him from headbutting the shit out of me.

But I agree it can be effectively against the right opponent. I think he'd have a pretty decent fight with Provodnikov. His athleticism and power saves him in a lot of these fights.

The more I watch Ruslan train the more I lean towards him. He looks like a beast.

If Roach can get Provo to be just a little bit creative, just a little bit more savvy, he can compete with anyone in that division. He's very physically imposing.

ruslan is going to stop him. and its gonna b hilarious wen people try to make excuses as to why matty lost. yea matty is a better fighter but styles make fights and ruslans style is all wrong for matthysse

ruslan is going to stop him. and its gonna b hilarious wen people try to make excuses as to why matty lost. yea matty is a better fighter but styles make fights and ruslans style is all wrong for matthysse

2 week sig bet? Matthysse gonna whoop that ass.

I think it's perfect for him. He's going to loo a shock counter puncher throw pull counter rights all night. Provo depending on how good a punch he takes will last to about Rd 8.

Matthysse didn't fight smart!

Provodnikov looking like a beast in training. Matthysse might have some problems.

"This is why people have been telling me to move my head...."

-Provodnikov by the end of the first round.

the last fight that wwas this split in the forum was canelo lara this should be a very fun fight

the last fight that wwas this split in the forum was canelo lara this should be a very fun fight

So pumped for this. This ought to be war, and it will tell us a lot about where they stand.

This is goning up against Chavez Jr vs Fonana on Showtime. and for some reason I bet that turns out to be a better fight.

Jr is gonna STOP Fonfana late in the late.

Back