Provodnikov vs Matthysse in the works

This was a great fight. Even though I enjoyed watching Provo and Matthysse slug it out, I was more pleased to see JCC Jr. get knock downed and quitting.

Just watched it.

Lucas 1, 2, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Ruslan 3, 4, 5, 11, 12

115-113 Lucas

Overall thoughts. Lucas used the algieri blueprint to win the fight. Jab and use your movement. Ruslan only looked for the one shot ko. Not enough combinations. Lucas fought well. Him and TC would be a solid fight next. 116-112 should be the widest scores for Lucas, most likely the 5th which was a swing round.

I don't see how you can give Provodnikov those early rounds. I gave him round 4 I think. He was getting outlanded by a big puncher almost 2-1 in all of those rounds.

I don't see how you can give Provodnikov those early rounds. I gave him round 4 I think. He was getting outlanded by a big puncher almost 2-1 in all of those rounds.

3 and 4 I thought were pretty clear for Ruslan. Landed quite big hooks. Lucas did land more jabs. Infective punching should be clean hard punches.

5 was the swing round. Ruslan did well but Lucas came on with the last 30 seconds. I gave it to Ruslan but could see Lucas taking it too with no argument.

Thought 11 and 12 were clear for Ruslan. Lucas was very tired and clinching and moving for majority of the rounds.

Still thought Lucas won clearly though. No way a draw but my 115-113 scorecard did match two of the judges as well.

Could live with a 116-112 as well giving the 5th round to Lucas.. Imo 117-111 much too wide. Giving Ruslan only 3 rounds for the whole fight is questionable. To each their own though. Our scorecards give us good debate material.

hehehe yea damn just lemme kno. at least it was a good fight. cant believe wht happened with chavez jr. dude needs to cut down to 168 or retire. its sad because he can beat good fighters but just looked horrible last night agaaiiinn. martinez gave it to him and now fonfara. idk tho well see. at least ruslan and matty scrapped the way they did

Couldn't think of much, just take this: I'm a pretty little girl

Yeah it was a great fight, they both threw down and went all out. True fighters right there. Yeah, I don't know what's up with Chavez, man. He's got skills but he's got that spoiled rich kid demeanor at times. Fonfara's a good fighter, though, like you said maybe Jr just needs to cut down to 168 and start over from scratch. Sergio broke his face and he kept going so you know he can tough it out.

3 and 4 I thought were pretty clear for Ruslan. Landed quite big hooks. Lucas did land more jabs. Infective punching should be clean hard punches.

I'll have to watch that round (3) when I get home. I think thats the round that we were all saying Lederman was crazy for giving the round to Provodnikov based on one flurry of punches when he spent the whole round eating jabs and uppercuts.

I'll have to watch that round (3) when I get home. I think thats the round that we were all saying Lederman was crazy for giving the round to Provodnikov based on one flurry of punches when he spent the whole round eating jabs and uppercuts.

There were a few rds like that.

Really good fight. Matthysse almost cruised too much in the end, making it interesting. His coach should get shit for his comments in the corner.

That is the one. Even Lampley didn't seem to agree with Lederman's scores, I think he just referenced them to make it seem like there was more drama than there was.

I gave Provo rounds 4, 11, 12.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back