Props to Daniel Cormier

Remember when everyone was upset when he was stripped of the LHW title? Won it Jan 2018, and then fought twice a HW. Hasn't fought since, 6 months off, 18 months since he has fought at LHW. Anyone who ever got upset that he was stripped should feel silly today.

It is nice to see him take on a real challenger instead of Brock though. I have been very hard on him for the Brock fight. That was a stupid fight and a big fuck you to fans and the entire HW division. This "he deserved a money fight" nonsense was total bullshit. If he deserved to get paid, then the UFC should pay him. Not sell the fans a terrible fight like that.

Stipe is gonna be sleeping on the canvas with his eyes wide open again.
I dont know. From his rematch with JDS to his fight with Daniel it was a total of 8 fights in 42 months. That's a fight every 5 months. He just got 13 months off to recover, and train. DC has been injured quite a bit throughout this time off and isn't getting any younger. The first fight was competitive until DC dropped him, I wouldn't be shocked if Stipe won. But you can never count out DC*.

*Unless he's fighting Jones.

This is a great fight, and even if I am not a fan of DC, he sure has big balls.

Every fighter would accept a money fight with Lesnar, so haters are just silly to complain anout that. Stipe-DC is however a much better fight for the fans, and we get to see if DC won by eye poke, or if he is a better fighter.

I wont dispute his amazing run but getting first round KTFO'D means you go back to the pile, take a #1 contender fight atleast. Aldo is the FW GOAT with a way better defense record and he got left in the dust.

Past performance doesn't guarantee future results. Not that roidmonkey bork deserved a fight EVER but it woulda been nice to see DC get a payday.
How did Aldo "get left in the dust"...?

He got KO'd in 13 seconds (far different than the DC-Stipe fight. That round was competitive)
Then he fought Frankie for the Interim title and was promoted to Undisputed Champion
Lost the title to Max
And then fought for the title

He got knocked out in 13 seconds, got an immediate title shot, lost, and got ANOTHER title shot.

I hate instant rematches. I love DC; but I'd rather have Brock fight fucking Ngannou for the title than to see Stipe get that instant rematch that he ABSOLUTELY does not deserve

This is Cody vs TJ 2 all over again

This is a great fight, and even if I am not a fan of DC, he sure has big balls.

Every fighter would accept a money fight with Lesnar, so haters are just silly to complain anout that. Stipe-DC is however a much better fight for the fans, and we get to see if DC won by eye poke, or if he is a better fighter.
Sure every fight would accept it, but to campaign and beg for it? Fuck off with that bullshit.

I hate instant rematches. I love DC; but I'd rather have Brock fight fucking Ngannou for the title than to see Stipe get that instant rematch that he ABSOLUTELY does not deserve

This is Cody vs TJ 2 all over again
Might be the dumbest post I have seen in quite some time. Brock fight Ngannou for the title? So you want them to strip DC? You'd rather see Brock fight for the title, whose only win since 2009 was changed to a no contest - rather than Stipe because "Stipe doesn't deserve it"...?

Quality logic right here. Stipe went on the best run in HW history, but you'd rather see Brock fight for the title because Stipe doesn't deserve a rematch lol

Might be the dumbest post I have seen in quite some time. Brock fight Ngannou for the title? So you want them to strip DC? You'd rather see Brock fight for the title, whose only win since 2009 was changed to a no contest - rather than Stipe because "Stipe doesn't deserve it"...?

Quality logic right here. Stipe went on the best run in HW history, but you'd rather see Brock fight for the title because Stipe doesn't deserve a rematch lol

It was a hyperbole. Both fights would've been stupid. Brock vs DC is a stupid fight, Brock vs Stipe 2 is an even dumber fight.
Of course I don't want them to strip DC and let Brock and Ngannou fight for it, lmfao. I was just saying it makes about as much sense as this fight does.

It was a hyperbole. Both fights would've been stupid. Brock vs DC is a stupid fight, Brock vs Stipe 2 is an even dumber fight.
Of course I don't want them to strip DC and let Brock and Ngannou fight for it, lmfao. I was just saying it makes about as much sense as this fight does.
Stipe - DC isn't dumb at all.

Meh

Who else were they going to give him.

The Brock fight is off and he wants a payday, so must take the guy he's been feverishly avoiding.

You think that gallant?

Lol @ “feverishly avoiding” the guy he knocked out only two fights ago.

Daniel started late and has already achieved goat status. This doesn't surprise me and he think he beats stipe again but we get better fight this time around.

Meh

Who else were they going to give him.

The Brock fight is off and he wants a payday, so must take the guy he's been feverishly avoiding.

You think that gallant?

JDS and Ngannou have both been making a case.

He already starched Stipe in 1 round, beating him again doesn't do much for his legacy.

DC has never been afraid to fight anyone. He just wanted to fight Brock because 1) he was a Brock fanboy when he was younger and 2) he wanted a big payday to end his career.

I do think after the fight DC will retire, win or lose. If he loses, it's definitely time to retire. And if he wins, he just beat the #1 heavyweight twice in a row. Unless Jon Jones decided to move up to HW and fight him, there would be no other meaningful challenger. It doesn't make sense for Cormier to clean up Stipe's sloppy seconds after beating the man twice.

Where does Miocic go from here though if he gets smashed again ?

If dc beats stipe again and retires undefeated then he’s the goat behind gsp.

I've seen many complain about DC accepting the Brock fight instead of giving Stipe a rematch.

What now?

:meow:

He just accepted the number 1 toughest matchup possible at HW. Very risky fight for a guy on the verge of retirement.

Where the haters at?
Tbh it looks just what the current division champ should do as normal duty, and the whole "brock fight" thing was bullshit to begin with

I will have been ok if he fought whoever else was more worthy than Stipe ranking wise

Stipe I have no doubt will put himself through the toughest training camp of his life. He will come in more focused for this fight than any fight in his entire career. DC will have his hands full this rematch big time.

Back