Props to Daniel Cormier

I've seen many complain about DC accepting the Brock fight instead of giving Stipe a rematch.

What now?

:meow:

He just accepted the number 1 toughest matchup possible at HW. Very risky fight for a guy on the verge of retirement.

Where the haters at?

Right here! Hello! I still hate Cormier, but frankly I didn't care if he fought Lesnar or MIocic.

giphy.gif

Kind of like Woodley accepted that first Wonderboy fight, right?

Worse... Woodley wasn’t allowed to duck that long.

Come on.
Yeah but Woodley also hadn't already KOed Wonderboy in under 5 minutes and also beaten the #2 contender while WB sat on the sidelines doing nothing and demanding a rematch he really didn't deserve.

I've been a fan of Stipe since he first came to the UFC and predicted he would be a future champion ( my brother is also a Sherdogger and can confirm this) and while I'm still a fan this whole situation has kind of left a bad taste in my mouth.

While Stipe sat out instead of just winning another fight Francis went out and beat 2 top contenders in dramatic fashion and is arguably more deserving of a shot right now than Stipe and Overeem has also been out winning fights as well.

I know he hasn't really been beating top guys but I like that match up (Reem/ DC) and would really like to see it before DC retires but if we are giving a guy who is 0-1 in the last year the shot instead it unlikely to happen unfortunately.

So if DC v stipe 2 happens and DC wins again. Does that mean stipe is out and it will be two others fighting for the belt when DC retires and give it up?

I've seen many complain about DC accepting the Brock fight instead of giving Stipe a rematch.

What now?

He just accepted the number 1 toughest matchup possible at HW. Very risky fight for a guy on the verge of retirement.

Where the haters at?

Not a hater, but he should have had another fight or accepted the rematch with Stipe before Brock could/would have been ready. My thoughts...the UFC wanted the money fight, Brock entered the USADA testing pool, got popped (UFC doesn't announce failed tests anymore until due process) and Brock decided to retire. It's swept under the rug and the HW division moves on.

Lol haters exposed, they're not even bothering to cover their sodium levels anymore.
<36><36>

Lol!!!!
126_Daniel_Cormier_x_Derrick_Lewis.0.jpg

The Champ is here!
<DC-Champ><DC-Champ>

Not a hater, but he should have had another fight or accepted the rematch with Stipe before Brock could/would have been ready. My thoughts...the UFC wanted the money fight, Brock entered the USADA testing pool, got popped (UFC doesn't announce failed tests anymore until due process) and Brock decided to retire. It's swept under the rug and the HW division moves on.
Or you know, DC was actually hurt like he said? He just came back to the gym a few weeks ago. First part of your post is bogus, the rest makes a lot of sense.

TS how many threads do you start per day? I am going to guess 5. Im I right?

I don't knock him for wanting the bigger name / payday... But now we have a legit fight... Just hope Stipe has trained as much as he campaigned for this rematch...
I hope he gets face planted in the first round, again.

What now?

Where the haters at?
I agree.

If these aren't wolf tickets being sold and the fight actually comes together, I give him major props.

That's like in 4 months. I'll believe it when I see it. If Lesnar really can't cycle off by then and if let's say Ngannou by any chance should flatline JDS in spectacular fashion, they'll slide him into Stipe's spot and just tell us that "that's what the fans wanna see." An if Stipe really gets the fight, I think he'll lose in a similair way, and that's coming from someone that is not a DC fan by any means.

He just wants to get paid.

You think he's scared of someone he already singed up to fight and already KO'd in the first round in his first HW fight?

Still a 50-50 fight but DCs confidence gotta be high.
DC did actively avoid defending his LHW title against Gus who aside from Jon gave him the toughest fight of his career. He actually campaigned for a Shogun fight "If Shogun beat Anthony Smith" and then said anyone but Gus and he would never share the Octagon with him again for wanting to fight Luke when he came to LHW. That was sad. Stipe deserved a title fight after having the record for UFC HW title defenses and a Pro Wrassler who popped for roids in his last fight getting it instead was BS.

If Jon wins in July vs Santos and DC beats Stipe I would love to see Jon move up and try to be a real double champ. If he takes DCs HW belt that cements DC never truly being LHW champ and Jon as the PicoGoat.

He fought Lewis in November..

DC hater giving him props. He didn't have to do this and it makes no sense for him to do this. That fight has proven not to sell, he's a year older and he can't improve on the last one. Stipe's also five inches taller.

I wont dispute his amazing run but getting first round KTFO'D means you go back to the pile, take a #1 contender fight atleast. Aldo is the FW GOAT with a way better defense record and he got left in the dust.

Past performance doesn't guarantee future results. Not that roidmonkey bork deserved a fight EVER but it woulda been nice to see DC get a payday.

Aldo got left in the dust because of McGregor doing his typical bullshit he went from his fight with aldo to fighting Diaz at 170 pounds 5 months later after rda pulled out. Meanwhile conor hung on to his belt right up until he beat Alvarez.

And aldo need up getting smashed by Holloway

Back