Props to Daniel Cormier

Actually, he had the option to retire. Nobody would think any lesser of him if he did.

Instead, he decided to make good on his promise - he initially said that he will give Stipe a shot if Lesnar fight doesn't materialize - and take on the most accomplished heavyweight in UFC history.
I'm not the biggest Cormier fan, as he 1) held up the division to wait for Brock, and 2) had a hand injury that supposedly prevented him from competing against anyone other than Derrick Lewis, who everyone knew had pretty much no chance of winning that fight.

Still, you make a great point. Cormier did say exactly this, and instead of just walking away and making some good money with his ESPN commentary and studio gigs, he's going to honor his word to Miocic. That's respectable. Just wish he'd done it sooner.

How did Aldo "get left in the dust"...?

He got KO'd in 13 seconds (far different than the DC-Stipe fight. That round was competitive)
Then he fought Frankie for the Interim title and was promoted to Undisputed Champion
Lost the title to Max
And then fought for the title

He got knocked out in 13 seconds, got an immediate title shot, lost, and got ANOTHER title shot.

Againq, completely missing the immediate rematch being completely undeserved part. As in if you get 1punch KTFO'd in the first like Aldo and stipe you do not deserve an immediate rematch no matter how much you cry and whine like a bitch on Twitter

Sure every fight would accept it, but to campaign and beg for it? Fuck off with that bullshit.
Nah. Every fighter would campaign for it too, if they felt it was a posibility.

DC made a lot of excuses because of Jones drug busts, so I agree that he looked pretty dumb when he was campaigning for Brock, but Brock means a lot of money, so of course he would. The complaining And excuses is just DC being DC.

Last edited:
Remember when everyone was upset when he was stripped of the LHW title? Won it Jan 2018, and then fought twice a HW. Hasn't fought since, 6 months off, 18 months since he has fought at LHW. Anyone who ever got upset that he was stripped should feel silly today.

It is nice to see him take on a real challenger instead of Brock though. I have been very hard on him for the Brock fight. That was a stupid fight and a big fuck you to fans and the entire HW division. This "he deserved a money fight" nonsense was total bullshit. If he deserved to get paid, then the UFC should pay him. Not sell the fans a terrible fight like that.
No one cares what you think of DC and especially him. He sleeps perfectly fine at night stipe da crybaby!

Meh

Who else were they going to give him.

The Brock fight is off and he wants a payday, so must take the guy he's been feverishly avoiding.

You think that gallant?
How do you avoid someone that you have been saying you'll fight? DC has been saying either he'll fight Stipe after Brock or if the Brock fight never manifests he'll fight Stipe.

I've seen many complain about DC accepting the Brock fight instead of giving Stipe a rematch.

What now?

:meow:

He just accepted the number 1 toughest matchup possible at HW. Very risky fight for a guy on the verge of retirement.

Where the haters at?

He's probably pissed as fuck about it, but it has been very smart of DC to never come out and complain about shit. Whiners always get the reverse effect of what they're trying to do, and it's almost always a losing strategy.

He could have easily road off into the sunset.
Yes indeed Cormier could just retire today and keep his millions and keep his commentary / analysis job and do very well. But he is accepting a very dangerous fight with Miocic and for that he is to be commended. He's never taken the easy path in life.

I do think that whatever Dana told DC he would get paid for Lesnar, Dana has offered the exact same for this Miocic fight. It's not Cormier's fault that Brock never showed up, and I think that DC said to Dana something like "I can retire today, very comfortably, you know that. So pay me BIG for the Miocic fight or else I walk".

If DC wins, I think Dana arranges the Jones fight at HW and delivers a dump trck of 100dollar bills to Cormier's house.

I've seen many complain about DC accepting the Brock fight instead of giving Stipe a rematch.

What now?

:meow:

He just accepted the number 1 toughest matchup possible at HW. Very risky fight for a guy on the verge of retirement.

Where the haters at?
Yeah, props for finally being forced to fight the #1 contender :rolleyes:

What a day we live in where this shit gets a props thread, lol

Mad? Lololol

You're a clown.

You got pwnd now jog on boi
Bro, you cant be a grown man and use words like boi. Teenage girls say boi not adults. Also very odd to be called baby cakes by another dude though LOL.

Back