Props to Daniel Cormier

Do you really think DC needs a payday? He's very well off and has plenty of job opportunities with the UFC. Not to mention the WWE who have reached out to him for a possible commentary position.
Exactly. Not sure why people act like Cormier is entitled to a payday more than other fighters, as if he’s been fighting for peanuts. It’s even worse when you consider that those other fighters aren’t also getting paid as commentators and studio analysts. Plus, as LHW and HW champ, he’s gotten PPV points for years.

Happy to see any fighter get paid, but Cormier has been shamelessly campaigning for a BS “money fight” that would hold up the division just so he could get paid more. Not a good look for a champion (and self-proclaimed GOAT).

I don't knock him for wanting the bigger name / payday... But now we have a legit fight... Just hope Stipe has trained as much as he campaigned for this rematch...
Is that even possible given the sheer amount of whining he's done?

Exactly. Not sure why people act like Cormier is entitled to a payday more than other fighters, as if he’s been fighting for peanuts. It’s even worse when you consider that those other fighters aren’t also getting paid as commentators and studio analysts. Plus, as LHW and HW champ, he’s gotten PPV points for years.

Happy to see any fighter get paid, but Cormier has been shamelessly campaigning for a BS “money fight” that would hold up the division just so he could get paid more. Not a good look for a champion (and self-proclaimed GOAT).
Cormier's earning potential is never gonna be worth more than it is right now. I don't blame him for giving it a shot. I didn't really care to see the Brock fight. He's most likely gonna beat Stipe's ass convincngly and end his career with a 3rd loss against Jones.

It annoys me that Stipe gets an immediate rematch after getting fucking throttled. I guess it's really the only fight that makes sense for DC, it's not like there are other HWs that are a draw that are in a position for a title shot ... but I really hate immediate rematches when the result of the first fight was a fucking first round lights out KO.

Meh

Who else were they going to give him.

The Brock fight is off and he wants a payday, so must take the guy he's been feverishly avoiding.

You think that gallant?
Lol at feverishly avoid an opponent he destroyed in 1 round, had him out cold! Lmao!!!!

Aldo got left in the dust because of McGregor doing his typical bullshit he went from his fight with aldo to fighting Diaz at 170 pounds 5 months later after rda pulled out. Meanwhile conor hung on to his belt right up until he beat Alvarez.

And aldo need up getting smashed by Holloway

Right, fully aware of what happened. You missed my point entirely that getting 1pktfo'd and losing your belt should send you back to the pile

I've seen many complain about DC accepting the Brock fight instead of giving Stipe a rematch.

What now?

:meow:

He just accepted the number 1 toughest matchup possible at HW. Very risky fight for a guy on the verge of retirement.

Where the haters at?

Stipe is sorry af

Yes.

Eye poked.

Got lucky.

Avoided the rematch.
tenor.gif

He just wants to get paid.

You think he's scared of someone he already singed up to fight and already KO'd in the first round in his first HW fight?

Still a 50-50 fight but DCs confidence gotta be high.

Oh wow.

DC vs Stipe doesn't excite me too much, I'd rather Francis, JDS or hell even the Reem.

Well, now that Brock's out, he accepted the only other option. So...good job?

Actually, he had the option to retire. Nobody would think any lesser of him if he did.

Instead, he decided to make good on his promise - he initially said that he will give Stipe a shot if Lesnar fight doesn't materialize - and take on the most accomplished heavyweight in UFC history.

So yeah, it is a really, really good job.

Stipe Miocic

Do you really think DC needs a payday? He's very well off and has plenty of job opportunities with the UFC. Not to mention the WWE who have reached out to him for a possible commentary position.

He could have easily road off into the sunset.
what amazes me even more is the fact that he has all these commitments and yet he is one of the best if not the best ever HW fighter in the world. It's truly amazing. Perfect role model and a complete individual who is literally world class in everything he does. A level in everything.

He just has to realize that he will never be a draw or have a big money fight.... and that his biggest PPV fights. When all the lights were on him. Were with Jones in the cage.

Stipe is gonna be sleeping on the canvas with his eyes wide open again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back