Prime Shale Sonnen could beat Izzy

I think marquardt is his best win. I thought bisping beat him and he really had a hard time getting bisping down and was gassed in that fight.and did nothing in that fight. He got the nod to set up the rematch. . Shogun was a shell of himself. And filho should have been in a mental health facility at the tim. He was also on testosterone for all of those fights.

I like chael. He talked well and was fun for the sport. But that’s what made him great. not his skill set as either he will win a decision or the other guys taps or kos him.

Askren gets a lot of shit on here but askren was the superior wrestler grappler and finished more opponents than chael.
He’s a front runner. Though. Anyfight he’s taken any shots or faced resistance he’s folded. Even straight up quit.

his greatest moment was the loss to Anderson. Which was an awesome fight.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Although, I think Bisping is his best win, close fight but he still got the nod. I had Chael winning.

With that said, I think he still routs Izzy pretty bad. I can't see Izzy defending his TDs or getting up from the bottom. Now that Izzy on a good run, I am thinking about all the match ups from 2012 to 2017 and how he would do vs those MWs. Rockhold would be a super interesting match up.

He wouldnt be favored but he can def do it. Hes basically better than Marvin at everything and has much better cardio, higher workrate and his blast double is better than any TD Marvin has. Izzy isnt enough of a threat off his back to submit him and hed struggle to sweep him.

Agreed.

style wise i think it’d be tough for izzy just because I doubt Chael is striking with him for longer than 5 seconds between his shots

and izzy’s td defense seems to be getting exposed a bit. particularly away from the cage

Prime 17:1 testosterone ratio Sonnen beats every MW ever expect injured ribs Silva
Bacne Sonnen on dat TRT was a wrecking machine! He would've dumped both those fools on their asses and pounded them out relentlessly.

He wouldnt be favored but he can def do it. Hes basically better than Marvin at everything and has much better cardio, higher workrate and his blast double is better than any TD Marvin has. Izzy isnt enough of a threat off his back to submit him and hed struggle to sweep him.

Yep, MW is for taking right now if a strong wrestler shows up

Prime Chael's Blast double and steely grit are highly underrated these days.

Everyone from Team Quest seemed to have their specialty and that blast double was Chael's and boy was he good at it.

He couldn't move the same and transition into it the way he used to when he got older and some people will knock him for that but it doesn't change the reailty of what it was when it was at it's peak

True. It would look like Sonnen-Silva 1 except Izzy wouldn't find a way to win in the end because he can't sub anyone not even his pet dog he's molesting.

No-USADA Chael would absolutely win, but who knows how even a young Chael would look under these Golden Snitch lights.

Prime Sonnen probably doesn’t make it 25 minutes against Izzy. I think he could win a 3 rd decision but Izzy would catch him eventually in 5 rds

With or without using 8 different kinds of PEDs?

Not a good match up for him, considering his current ground game.

Although, I dont see anyone at MW these days with that skillset, so good news for the champ.

Lol stop it Chael has nothing for Izzy. Yall just love to cling to that Silva fight.

The dude has almost 20 freaking loses and a lot of them to bums. Yet somehow he suppose to beat a fighter of Izzy's caliber lol

Izzy has good TD defense and has better TD defense than Silva had and he would have KO'ed Sonnen easy.

Last edited:
Who were prime chaels best wins and what we’re prime chaels losses?

The dude had double digit L's a lot of them to dudes we've never heard yet he suppose to beat a fighter in Izzy's caliber lol

Obiviously. Prime Chael was able to win 4 rounds against Silva who is like thousond times the fighter Izzy is.

Chael wouldn't have won enough to get to the title. He'd also find a way to lose. He's good at that when it matters most.

Chael would be an interesting matchup. One thing I’ll give Chael despite some glaring deficiencies, is he always knew exactly what he was, and that’s a wrestler. One of the most effective guys in mma history at getting the fight to the mat.

Prime 17:1 testosterone ratio Sonnen beats every MW ever expect injured ribs Silva
-Whittaker would 100% beat him.
-Maia could sub him.
-Weidman could ud him.
-Izzy could maybe win.

Back