Prime Shale Sonnen could beat Izzy

He's slow and stiff. I don't see the phenomenal physical attributes.

He's strong with a good Chin and 5 round Cardio.

To be fair all the great wrestlers Chael, Khabib, Askren. Weren't fast either. Wanna see a fast wrestler? Look up Jordan Burroughs

To be fair this isn't breaking news. Prime Weidman all day especially.

But it is what it is. MW is weak right now and has next to nothing in terms of grappling at the top level. Good timing for Izzy to reign. Don't see him losing any time soon at MW.

Prime Weidman, Jacare, Yoel (who he arguably lost to an old Yoel), Filho are all bad matchups for Izzy and would beat him. Shale tends to choke tho so while he has advantages i wouldnt pick him out right

Who were prime chaels best wins and what we’re prime chaels losses?

Filho, Bisping, Okami, Nate, Shogun I would say are his best wins. All pretty clear and dominant wins. Cant discount winning 4.5 vs Andy.

He had losses, but those losses were vs bigger guys at LHW or fighters that had a very good grappling and submission game. If were talking about how Izzy's skill set works along side that?? I really doesn't, he's not the bigger man, or have a good grappling or submission game. So I don't think Izzy can exploit those weaknesses in Chaels game. I mean when did we ever see a one dimensional striker beat Chael?

I think Chael takes this one pretty comfortably. Nothing against Izzy, it's just a bad style match up.

Yes

Israel is not that good

Yeah then the win gets stripped due to pissing hot again.......y’all really taking this Izzy win hard lol

Filho, Bisping, Okami, Nate, Shogun I would say are his best wins. All pretty clear and dominant wins. Cant discount winning 4.5 vs Andy.

He had losses, but those losses were vs bigger guys at LHW or fighters that had a very good grappling and submission game. If were talking about how Izzy's skill set works along side that?? I really doesn't, he's not the bigger man, or have a good grappling or submission game. So I don't think Izzy can exploit those weaknesses in Chaels game. I mean when did we ever see a one dimensional striker beat Chael?

I think Chael takes this one pretty comfortably. Nothing against Izzy, it's just a bad style match up.

I think marquardt is his best win. I thought bisping beat him and he really had a hard time getting bisping down and was gassed in that fight.and did nothing in that fight. He got the nod to set up the rematch. . Shogun was a shell of himself. And filho should have been in a mental health facility at the tim. He was also on testosterone for all of those fights.

I like chael. He talked well and was fun for the sport. But that’s what made him great. not his skill set as either he will win a decision or the other guys taps or kos him.

Askren gets a lot of shit on here but askren was the superior wrestler grappler and finished more opponents than chael.
He’s a front runner. Though. Anyfight he’s taken any shots or faced resistance he’s folded. Even straight up quit.

his greatest moment was the loss to Anderson. Which was an awesome fight.

I just looked at Israel's record and noticed he's never subbed anyone. It's home free for prime JUICED Chael.

I’m actually quite shocked the amount of people that think Sonnen can beat him.

Chael Sonnen is garbage and the biggest loser in the history of MMA

He gets destroyed by Izzy just like he did every time he faced a top level guy.

Prime chael on roids could beat anderson too….oh wait

Lmao i thought the same while watching the fight but i didn't know if i was being serious. Horse Meat chael has a great shot, indeed.

TS I agree. No offence to Izzy but it's just a bad style match up for Izzy.

Retirement tour chael took down a 250 rampage at will and even scored a takedown or 2 on fedor.

Fun fan what if speculation based upon all this points towards prime chael would be the favorite

Last edited:
All joking aside, I think Izzy still csnt defend the double away from the cage so Chael would have his moments

Back