Pre-fight discussion UFC Fight Night 231: Almeida vs. Lewis Sat. Nov. 4 @ 6 pm ET ESPN+

Plan to watch

• All of it

• Most of it

• Some of it

Results are only viewable after voting.

PurpleStorm

purp
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
The UFC is back Saturday for UFC Fight Night: Almeida vs. Lewis (also known as UFC Fight Night 231 and UFC on ESPN+ 89). It takes place November 4, 2023 at Ginásio do Ibirapuera in São Paulo, Brazil. The event will mark the promotion's ninth visit to São Paulo and first since UFC Fight Night: Błachowicz vs. Jacaré in November 2019. It starts Saturday 06:00 PM ET. Any thoughts, breakdowns, predictions you wish to share? Which fights are you anticipating? Here's a thread for pre-fight discussion. Let's keep it friendly and civil. Thanks and enjoy the discussion!

F8wuFEPW0AAoplP.jpg

Promotion Ultimate Fighting Championship
Date November 4, 2023
Venue Ginásio do Ibirapuera
City São Paulo, Brazil

Scheduled bout order, 13 fights
Kaue Fernandes (8-1) vs. Marc Diakiese (16-7)
Eduarda Moura (9-0) vs. Montserrat Ruiz (10-3)
Angela Hill (15-13) vs. Denise Gomes (8-2)
Vitor Petrino (9-0) vs. Modestas Bukauskas (15-5)
Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (24-7) vs. Rinat Fakhretdinov (21-1)
Victor Hugo Silva (24-4) vs. Daniel Marcos (15-0)
Elves Brener (15-3) vs. Esteban Ribovics (12-1)
Ismael Bonfim (19-4) vs. Vinc Pichel (14-3)
Rodolfo Vieira (9-2) vs. Armen Petrosyan (9-2)
Caio Borralho (14-1, 1 NC) vs. Abusupiyan Magomedov (25-5-1)
Rodrigo Nascimento (10-1, 1 NC) vs. Don'Tale Mayes (10-5, 1 NC)
Gabriel Bonfim (15-0) vs. Nicolas Dalby (22-4-1, 2 NC)
Jailton Almeida (19-2) vs. Derrick Lewis (27-11, 1 NC)

Shillan and Duffy: UFC Fight Night 231 Preview
Facebook Twitter Email BEN DUFFY KEITH SHILLAN
Keith and Ben are back, previewing the card with detailed predictions and picks for all 13 fights. Side topics of conversation include the two scariest gatekeepers of all time, legendary WMMA pioneer Megumi Fujii and Gilliard Parana's secret stash of physically imposing women.

The UFC is back Saturday for UFC Fight Night: Almeida vs. Lewis (also known as UFC Fight Night 231 and UFC on ESPN+ 89). It takes place November 4, 2023 at Ginásio do Ibirapuera in São Paulo, Brazil. The event will mark the promotion's ninth visit to São Paulo and first since UFC Fight Night: Błachowicz vs. Jacaré in November 2019. It starts Saturday 06:00 PM ET. Any thoughts, breakdowns, predictions you wish to share? Which fights are you anticipating? Here's a thread for pre-fight discussion. Let's keep it friendly and civil. Thanks and enjoy the discussion!

F8wuFEPW0AAoplP.jpg

Promotion Ultimate Fighting Championship
Date November 4, 2023
Venue Ginásio do Ibirapuera
City São Paulo, Brazil

Scheduled bout order, 13 fights
Kaue Fernandes (8-1) vs. Marc Diakiese (16-7)
Eduarda Moura (9-0) vs. Montserrat Ruiz (10-3)
Angela Hill (15-13) vs. Denise Gomes (8-2)
Vitor Petrino (9-0) vs. Modestas Bukauskas (15-5)
Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos (24-7) vs. Rinat Fakhretdinov (21-1)
Victor Hugo Silva (24-4) vs. Daniel Marcos (15-0)
Elves Brener (15-3) vs. Esteban Ribovics (12-1)
Ismael Bonfim (19-4) vs. Vinc Pichel (14-3)
Rodolfo Vieira (9-2) vs. Armen Petrosyan (9-2)
Caio Borralho (14-1, 1 NC) vs. Abusupiyan Magomedov (25-5-1)
Rodrigo Nascimento (10-1, 1 NC) vs. Don'Tale Mayes (10-5, 1 NC)
Gabriel Bonfim (15-0) vs. Nicolas Dalby (22-4-1, 2 NC)
Jailton Almeida (19-2) vs. Derrick Lewis (27-11, 1 NC)

Shillan and Duffy: UFC Fight Night 231 Preview
Facebook Twitter Email BEN DUFFY KEITH SHILLAN
Keith and Ben are back, previewing the card with detailed predictions and picks for all 13 fights. Side topics of conversation include the two scariest gatekeepers of all time, legendary WMMA pioneer Megumi Fujii and Gilliard Parana's secret stash of physically imposing women.

Always throws me off when you do the card upside down so I fixed it.

84gprl.jpg

Preview: UFC Fight Night 231 Prelims
Fakhretdinov vs. Dos Santos
TOM FEELY NOV 1, 2023
The UFC's return to Sao Paulo comes with a set of prelims that might have as many highlights as the main card. It might not be the most exciting affair in practice, but the featured prelim is an important one for the welterweight division, as rising Russian grinder Rinat Fakhretdinov looks to keep his momentum going against perennial tough out Elizeu Zaleski dos Santos. Light heavyweight prospect Vitor Petrino, who's in action against Modestas Bukauskas, has one of the highest upsides on the card, and Angela Hill's bout against Denise Gomes is a crucial veteran-versus-prospect test. Add in Eduarda Moura, a debuting strawweight prospect that looks worth watching, and this is an impressively deep Fight Night event.

more: https://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/Preview-UFC-Fight-Night-231-Prelims-191571

All of it as I'll be there live, fuck yeahhh!!

Im so fucked, it's the same weekend as the Brazilian Formula 1 GP and I'll be live at it too.

Saturday is gonna be a fuckin bender, morning at track & afternoon then evening/night at ufc all the way till 3am and then race day on Sunday again.

I'm too old for this shit but can't complain!

All of it as I'll be there live, fuck yeahhh!!

Im so fucked, it's the same weekend as the Brazilian Formula 1 GP and I'll be live at it too.

Saturday is gonna be a fuckin bender, morning at track & afternoon then evening/night at ufc all the way till 3am and then race day on Sunday again.

I'm too old for this shit but can't complain!
Damn what an awesome weekend. Please let us know how the card is live, if you find the time to post about it. Have fun!

Back