Power is the only aspect Alex Pereira is better than prime Anderson Silva

DanDragon Machi

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
In all other MMA valences Spider was better or at least the same Poatan level

Pereira would had NEVER submits all american wrestlers like Sonnen and Hendo using pure bjj

Pereira lost two rounds in a pure striking combat by a way shorter Rountree. Vitor is better than him and didn't last three minutes in front Anderson

All people that are putting Alex above Anderson as an MMA fighter are noob as fuck

I'm not sure, Poatan has arguably beaten higher level strikers then Anderson. Anderson did beat a lot of wrestlers which Poatan has not. There's just not that many in the division though at this moment.

Put prime Andy vs Poatan would be a hell of a fight. Poatan does get hit in the face a lot. His hands down style has seen him get in trouble. Round Tree knocked him down too briefly.

Pereira would had NEVER submits all american wrestlers like Sonnen and Hendo using pure bjj

Pereira lost two rounds in a pure striking combat by a way shorter Rountree. Vitor is better than him and didn't last three minutes in front Anderson

All people that are putting Alex above Anderson as an MMA fighter are noob as fuck
Anderson Silva got dropped by Sonnen and Weidman lol wrestler or not

I like Silva's mobility more, and at least he seemed to know how to work on the ground better, but he's highly overrated. In a striking match, Poatan would likely win.

I'm not sure, Poatan has arguably beaten higher level strikers then Anderson. Anderson did beat a lot of wrestlers which Poatan has not. There's just not that many in the division though at this moment.

Put prime Andy vs Poatan would be a hell of a fight. Poatan does get hit in the face a lot. His hands down style has seen him get in trouble. Round Tree knocked him down too briefly.
To be honest though I feel like Andersons defence was always rather overrated based on a few matches were he matrixed people like Forrest and got them fighting very sloppy, if someone didnt break due to that then either you had a stand off with little action or Anderson took plenty of punishment.

He's not more well rounded but he would have beaten the brakes off a prime Silva. Styles make fights

Poatan and Silva are friends, and have sparred and trained together; only they know who is truly better.

Alex Pereira was actually in Silva's corner, when he fought Adesanya.

I will agree with you that Silva is quicker, more creative, and more fluid — however, Poatan, is taller (6'4" to 6'2"), has the longer reach (79" to 77"), and is much more technically-solid and experienced in world-class striking at the highest level.

Poatan would have advantages that no one else had over Silva.

Here is a clip where Silva actually calls Pereira, "A freak of nature, very powerful."

In the past, Silva has always enjoyed a height + reach + skill advantage.

Against Pereira, he would be at a disadvantage in all of these key elements.

As great as Silva was as a striker, Pereira is by far more accomplished in this discipline.

Therefore, I disagree with this post: in a 5-round fight, Pereira would constantly walk Silva down, limit his mobility with leg kicks, and eventually catch him for a brutal KO.

Last edited:
Anderson vs Alex would have been an absolute barn burner or a complete snooze fest. Anderson is one of my all time favorites, but he was no dummy in his peak years. His level of respect for Alex's power, and that respect is earned, would have put emphasis on a safe game plan, but damn I would pay good money to see that fight all by itself, no under card necessary.

Who are you even talking to? Absolutely no one is saying AP is more well rounded than Anderson.

And you shitting on AP's striking because he dropped some rounds vs Rountree is in your words "noob as fuck". It's like me shitting on Anderson because he got smacked by Chael Sonnen on the feet, but I wouldn't do that.

Both guys are absolute legends.

Love Anderson but I would argue that Alex is the better striker. Anderson was a great counter striker but limited in his attacking. This is why the Maia and Leites fights were so weird and why he was doing all the clowning with Weidman. He is clowning these guys to get them to attack. Alex would have systematically tore these guys apart.

Alex fucks around less. He's like the terminator whereas Anderson was often a clown.

Pereira has GOAT Level striking , but Silva had more ways to win a fight....

Striking - Pereira

MMA - Silva

Poatan and Silva are friends, and have sparred and trained together; only they know who is truly better.

Alex Pereira was actually in Silva's corner, when he fought Adesanya.

I will agree with you that Silva is quicker, more creative, and more fluid — however, Poatan, is taller (6'4" to 6'2"), has the longer reach (79" to 77"), and is much more technically-solid and experienced in world-class striking at the highest level.

Poatan would have advantages that no one else had over Silva.

Here is a clip where Silva actually calls Pereira, "A freak of nature, very powerful."

In the past, Silva has always enjoyed a height + reach + skill advantage.

Against Pereira, he would be at a disadvantage in all of these key elements.

As great as Silva was as a striker, Pereira is by far more accomplished in this discipline.

Therefore, I disagree with this post: in a 5-round fight, Pereira would constantly walk Silva down, limit his mobility with leg kicks down, and eventually catch him for a brutal KO.
But this post is not about a hypothetical fight between the two but who would have more victories against the top fighters of different eras and styles and. I think prime Silva would have beaten evey fighter of Poatan's resume, but I'm not sure if Poatan would have beaten every fighter of Anderson's. It would be much more safer to bet on Anderson against Ankalaev than on Poatan

Back