Post Your Gloves/Gear

The Gil look nice did you say your ordered them direct?

I'm from Europe too. Gloves itself are pretty cheap, shipping and customs usually doubles the price.

@Badoldman for me Casanova have wider hands compartment, but slimmer wrist. Gil looks like thicker padded.
Spot on my friend. The primary reason I love Casanova’s is because of the hand compartment. My hands are very wide for a 184 lb-83.43 kg man. Not thick, just very wide. Like a duck’s foot. People at my gym laugh at me hopping around trying to get lace ups on with lace-n-loops. But once my knuckles are seated against the padding-it’s on. I’ve had to go to the restroom before during training and had to just hold it because gloves are so hard to get on my hands again.

I'm from Europe too. Gloves itself are pretty cheap, shipping and customs usually doubles the price.

@Badoldman for me Casanova have wider hands compartment, but slimmer wrist. Gil looks like thicker padded.
Just finished up my workout for the this evening. I used this pair of Casanova’s. 82613049-229E-436B-B23E-171F4D81FE6F.jpeg

This pair has about 50-60 rounds on them and just getting broke in.

Ok, if you have wide hands they're good for you. I need to use my Fortress boxing wraps to fill them.

What have people found to be the softest Mexican gloves, any that aren't stiff, and don't have canvas material liner?

Ok, if you have wide hands they're good for you. I need to use my Fortress boxing wraps to fill them.
Gloves are like any product, they fill needs. Wide hands are a liability in boxing. My hand problems never were the result of actual fighting, they were the result of training. I tried all kinds of gloves. My hands were pinched in an unnatural position. Instead of punching with a clenched fist in the glove, it caused me to punch with a hollow hand. That was a recipe for disaster. I trained through it, wore Gel-wrap gloves, extra wraps, knuckle pads and had to stop working very heavy or densely padded bags. All those things caused more problems. The solution was not the wraps, it was having my knuckles firmly seated against the padding. It was stop-start training until by shit luck I tried on a pair of beat up Casanova’s. I knew the very first punch I threw these oddly built gloves were a game changer. Then the problem arose that these gloves are hard to locate and even harder to buy. I found a reliable source in all places Canada. He’s from Mexico and sells gear as a side business. I live a few hours from Mexico but have to buy my Mexican made Casanova’s, from Canada. Such is the world in 2020. When I buy gloves, I buy 5-6 pair at a time. I also buy and use Boxeo’s. Wide pockets are my personal needs but not necessarily the needs of most. Cleto Reyes will do if not hammering a heavy bag. The only problem I have with genuine Mexican gloves are their weights. Most stock gloves are 16oz except Gil. Campeons and old Zepol are too narrow and too soft. Because I buy my gloves several pair at a time, I can’t afford the luxury of custom gloves. I train 7 days a week most weeks and go through a pair every 8-10 months. The best non Mexican made gloves I have found are Topboxers custom Aliens. I have a 20 oz pair I put 15 rounds into today.

8FED1BB6-2027-487B-B5FF-E2559DF6E857.jpeg

What have people found to be the softest Mexican gloves, any that aren't stiff, and don't have canvas material liner?
I use Boxeo’s also. They have a better lining and much softer padding but until I punch some of the latex down, they’re too dense for sparring. These are like Casanova’s but are a little more compact across the knuckles. Once I begin sparring with a pair that has been broken in, they’re only used for sparring. With the Casanova’s I can tie a pair on after I’m warm and only take them off when I leave the gym.
EDDFDBC0-743E-46C4-A7E3-B5C558CADC4C.jpeg

Last edited:
Gloves are like any product, they fill needs. Wide hands are a liability in boxing. My hand problems never were the result of actual fighting, they were the result of training. I tried all kinds of gloves. My hands were pinched in an unnatural position. Instead of punching with a clenched fist in the glove, it caused me to punch with a hollow hand. That was a recipe for disaster. I trained through it, wore Gel-wrap gloves, extra wraps, knuckle pads and had to stop working very heavy or densely padded bags. All those things caused more problems. The solution was not the wraps, it was having my knuckles firmly seated against the padding. It was stop-start training until by shit luck I tried on a pair of beat up Casanova’s. I knew the very first punch I threw these oddly built gloves were a game changer. Then the problem arose that these gloves are hard to locate and even harder to buy. I found a reliable source in all places Canada. He’s from Mexico and sells gear as a side business. I live a few hours from Mexico but have to buy my Mexican made Casanova’s, from Canada. Such is the world in 2020. When I buy gloves, I buy 5-6 pair at a time. I also buy and use Boxeo’s. Wide pockets are my personal needs but not necessarily the needs of most. Cleto Reyes will do if not hammering a heavy bag. The only problem I have with genuine Mexican gloves are their weights. Most stock gloves are 16oz except Gil. Campeons and old Zepol are too narrow and too soft. Because I buy my gloves several pair at a time, I can’t afford the luxury of custom gloves. I train 7 days a week most weeks and go through a pair every 8-10 months. The best non Mexican made gloves I have found are Topboxers custom Aliens. I have a 20 oz pair I put 15 rounds into today.

View attachment 815819
You can contact with Casanova directly next time and order anything you want in the same price as stock gloves. I would definitely go next time with double stitching and welted seams.

I would say Bryant Boxing. He uses different padding than usually and liner suppose to be softer in feel. Or you can try Russian Boxer. Nobody say that with hundred percent sure, but they are selling gloves from the same craftsman, who makes Grants. 200 USD plus 30 USD worldwide shipping I guess.

Last edited:
You can contact with Casanova directly next time and order anything you want in the same price as stock gloves. I would definitely go next time with double stitching and welted seams.

I would say Bryant Boxing. He uses different padding than usually and liner suppose to be softer in feel. Or you can try Russian Boxer. Nobody say that with hundred percent sure, but they are selling gloves from the same craftsman, who makes Grants. 200 USD plus 30 USD worldwide shipping I guess.

I emailed Russian Boxer a few months back - Minowafanatic: $250 dollars including shipping to the UK. I am very tempted if they are Grant quality.

I emailed Russian Boxer a few months back - Minowafanatic: $250 dollars including shipping to the UK. I am very tempted if they are Grant quality.

Ah thanks for the recommendation RE: Bryant Boxing

I have had Grant gloves before and I don't love them, still a bit stiffer than what I'd like in the training gloves.

The guy who makes HDZ also used to make Grant too.

Those Flys are beautiful. I already have a bunch of gloves in that color (Campeon, Top Boxer, Shevlin, etc) but i still want them. lol
Your Reyes look a lot less boxy than the old velcro models. I know they're 14s but I'm wondering if the redesign from a few years back makes it worth giving velcro Reyes another look.

The Reyes would be the never design as they are only about 12months old and I got them direct from Mexico the are basically my go to training glove at the moment

Yeah the design update was at least a couple years back, but I'm not sure on the date. Reyes 12oz lace ups are my go-to mitt gloves. Reyes L hybrids are fun workout gloves, but weighing in at 20oz can be a bit too big & heavy for a lot of things in the gym. Reyes M hybrids might be my 1st or 2nd all-time favorite glove, but a little too light for sparring (rated to 14oz I think). I have been in this long debate over whether or not to give the 16oz velcros another shot.

Yeah the design update was at least a couple years back, but I'm not sure on the date. Reyes 12oz lace ups are my go-to mitt gloves. Reyes L hybrids are fun workout gloves, but weighing in at 20oz can be a bit too big & heavy for a lot of things in the gym. Reyes M hybrids might be my 1st or 2nd all-time favorite glove, but a little too light for sparring (rated to 14oz I think). I have been in this long debate over whether or not to give the 16oz velcros another shot.
Well the 16oz Velcro will likely weigh 18/19oz based on ones I have had before. I find the 14 great for everything other than sparring and the really solid heavy bags at a gym I used to train at which is why I got the 14oz winning

Just flexing with my new gloves!! Added a few more to the collection after Black Friday

Attachments

• upload_2020-12-10_1-56-44.jpeg
    upload_2020-12-10_1-56-44.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 31
Well the 16oz Velcro will likely weigh 18/19oz based on ones I have had before. I find the 14 great for everything other than sparring and the really solid heavy bags at a gym I used to train at which is why I got the 14oz winning
I bit the bullet and went for the 16s. I can handle a couple ounces over. Those L hybrids get over 22oz when wet from sweat (weighed them) and they're just a little bit too bulky for most training.

Hii have you tried fly with synthetic leather? I am curious if the feeling different with the real leather one. Thank you
No I haven’t I have used the synthetic gloves personally I have seen a pair of a friends etc. The padding is same as the leather ones just the leather that’s different I have order a synthetic facesaver and groin guard that are due to come this week should be same as the winning which are also synthetic

Back