Post Your Gloves/Gear

Ohh great things to talk about the color, i think it’s only me who confuse to pick the new color. I watched at fit2box the green looks good, but different with the pics. So i am not sure now, while their red is a safe choice in my opinion

I got the Green & Gold and they look great. Rich colours.

The gear thread!!
Like it.

I normally use Twin specials but just got some Topboxer Aliens through the post and must say there well put together!!!

I did order some yellow R2C C17 gloves during the black Friday sales while I was over in the USA but....fedex lost them at the depot and then I had to fly back home to good old UK!!! Sooo i never managed to get them, which was nice.

All is not lost though as I have some campeon gloves on route which should hopefully arrive tomorrow. I still have intentions of getting some R2C C17 but i'll have to wait until I get back to the US...For me personally £120 is my limit for gloves, I don't like the idea of forking out more when im not good enough for winnings

I looooove my Campeons...
Some recent purchases that i just remembered to post:
i4iTQSi.jpg

0fdXHNQ.jpg

3cMedxB.jpg

how do you like them all?
I don't think there's a bad pair of gloves in that bunch.

I'm still sorting out where they all rank, but the Reyes might be my new all time favorite. Like if my house is burning down and I need to save one pair of gloves, that's it - because I can use them for everything, the padding is just the way I like it, they fit snug (surprising for Reyes), they're supportive (surprising for velcro), the construction is bulletproof, and they're pretty. I'm literally using them every single workout right now - some of the only 16s I can use on micromitts. Prior to these, I was wearing Reyes 12oz laceups on micromitts & these aren't a whole lot bigger, just heavier.

The Top Boxer Flores style are beautiful. They fit so great and they might be the most comfortable pair of gloves I own. I think they'd do great as sparring gloves, they're very soft and cushy. I have no idea about the durability of the padding, but they don't feel particularly brittle on the bag. To put that in perspective, I refuse to wear my Winnings on the bag. They seem a bit too big for mitts though.

The Campeon's are right there with my Necalli/Casanova welted seams (Combate edition). I just love using them (both the Campeon and Necalli). Traditional Mexican latex, so perfect for bags, might be a bit of a stretch for sparring. They're probably okay on larger mitts. I prefer the leather on the Campeon, but the craftsmanship on the Necallis. Wrist might be slightly better on the Necallis. Everything else is almost identical, except the Necallis are laceups & the Campeons are hybrid - preference there really just depends on my mood that day.

I like the Torres Medinas a lot. In person they're beautiful. They're super comfortable as well, the liner is on par with the Top Boxers. The leather's smooth, it reminds me a little bit of my old Classics. I think they'd be fine for bag & sparring, but not mitts (too big). I need to break them in more and they require the most breaking in among any of the other gloves. The latex in the glove & the somewhat stiff leather create something of a shell, almost like a Thai glove. Provides amazing wrist support, but harder to make a good fist until it's broken in. Might be a little stiff for sparring out the box too.

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right thread to post this in but if anyone was wondering how gloves compare....ringside fly and black winning are 16oz and then red winning and cleto Reyes are 14oz

View attachment 817497 View attachment 817498 View attachment 817499 View attachment 817500
I know it’s an old post but I had to comment on your gloves. Love the Reyes and the Fly. I own Reyes but haven’t the gumption to pay $250-$400 US for Fly. We have a graduate student from GB training at my gym who has a pair. They’re the lace-ups and I don’t see him enough to go up and ask to look at his gloves. They really look like great gloves. I’d like to know your impressions.

View attachment 820876 View attachment 820875 I need to stop coming to this part of the forum as every time do I see gloves I want to get that which I really don’t need!! Anyway I picked up these C17 the other day and some 16oz Reyes
Likewise my friend. I came on the site because Joe Rogan said something controversial and he said Sherdog exploded. Started looking around and found this forum. Began reading some posts, maybe to see why I enjoy my gloves so much. Wife had long since reconciled with the fact that I don’t drink or smoke or play golf—I box. Always been obsessed with training but lacked the talent to do anything other than amateur bouts. I think I may have an answer for you as to why we are addicted to gear. I’m 57 years old and have spent 44 of those years punching things. When you punch things, people, mitts, bags, etc..you begin to make observations and form opinions about all things punching. Gloves are naturally a very important part of you ongoing self-dialogue and conversations with others. I have trained in bad gloves and in good gloves. If you are going to spent the kind of time a committed man or woman will spend in a pair of gloves training, you want the experience to be positive. Bad gloves lead to bad outcomes. Good gloves protect your hands and although you can and will still injure yourself, the chances are less likely. Worst hand injury I ever had was in the “best” glove on the market hitting the heavy bag. I cannot describe the feeling you get when you are in shape, training hard and get that satisfying pop on the bag or thud on a sparring partner while wearing a good pair of gloves. Considering the time and effort I put into training, I want the best gloves I can get. Maybe we’re not so crazy after all.

Likewise my friend. I came on the site because Joe Rogan said something controversial and he said Sherdog exploded. Started looking around and found this forum. Began reading some posts, maybe to see why I enjoy my gloves so much. Wife had long since reconciled with the fact that I don’t drink or smoke or play golf—I box. Always been obsessed with training but lacked the talent to do anything other than amateur bouts. I think I may have an answer for you as to why we are addicted to gear. I’m 57 years old and have spent 44 of those years punching things. When you punch things, people, mitts, bags, etc..you begin to make observations and form opinions about all things punching. Gloves are naturally a very important part of you ongoing self-dialogue and conversations with others. I have trained in bad gloves and in good gloves. If you are going to spent the kind of time a committed man or woman will spend in a pair of gloves training, you want the experience to be positive. Bad gloves lead to bad outcomes. Good gloves protect your hands and although you can and will still injure yourself, the chances are less likely. Worst hand injury I ever had was in the “best” glove on the market hitting the heavy bag. I cannot describe the feeling you get when you are in shape, training hard and get that satisfying pop on the bag or thud on a sparring partner while wearing a good pair of gloves. Considering the time and effort I put into training, I want the best gloves I can get. Maybe we’re not so crazy after all.
This is a great post

I know it’s an old post but I had to comment on your gloves. Love the Reyes and the Fly. I own Reyes but haven’t the gumption to pay $250-$400 US for Fly. We have a graduate student from GB training at my gym who has a pair. They’re the lace-ups and I don’t see him enough to go up and ask to look at his gloves. They really look like great gloves. I’d like to know your impressions.
I am only using the fly gloves for sparring so at the moment they are not getting much use in current circumstances. I will say this the leather is the nicest I have ever seen on boxing gloves pure luxury the ox blood leather is thicker than other fly leathers, fly confined this too me. The lining is the best and I like the shape as well padding is very similar to the winning. I think they are really good gloves and much easier to get here in the uk than winning

I am only using the fly gloves for sparring so at the moment they are not getting much use in current circumstances. I will say this the leather is the nicest I have ever seen on boxing gloves pure luxury the ox blood leather is thicker than other fly leathers, fly confined this too me. The lining is the best and I like the shape as well padding is very similar to the winning. I think they are really good gloves and much easier to get here in the uk than winning
Word here in the couple of boxing gyms I frequent is that these gloves are worth every cent paid for them. I finally approached the grad student in my gym with the Fly gloves and he let me look at them and then said he hasn’t wrapped his hands did I want to try them on. Of course I did. I will say I usually can’t see how paying so much more for a glove would make that much difference. But I may have to rethink that. They are more comfortable to me than Winning and are shaped more like my Mexican gloves (good natural fist, hollow handed palm, and you can really grip down without feeling like you don’t have enough padding) He also let me throw a few punches on an aqua bag and they had that good “pop” well made gloves have. I have many pairs of gloves and have been satisfied until I tried on these damned Fly gloves. Man, the English have got their sh*t together with this pair of gloves. And yes, I’m obsessed with getting yet another pair of gloves. I would have to train in them to make any lasting judgement. I must admit I liked everything I saw and felt. These are definitely on my amended XMas wish list. These were lace up with an “X” in the top the cuff. The padding was a graduated firmness which is a very unusual sensation. They appear soft until you punch with them and you can still feel which knuckles are making contact. However, the thumb is the best part. You know intellectually the thumb cannot be under you knuckles like a naked fist, but it’s as close to that sensation as I have ever felt in a boxing glove. More so than Casanova or Boxeo and I thought those were as good as it gets. These Flys were better. I usually do not like green gloves but this green was different. The owner of the gloves was going home for XMas but was told he may not get back to the US. I can promise you I was already scheming about giving him some money to get me a pair of gloves.

I am well and truly hijacking here but don't want to resurrect a 5 year old thread and I can't start my own.

The mexican brand classics....where are they made? I have heard Texas!

Word here in the couple of boxing gyms I frequent is that these gloves are worth every cent paid for them. I finally approached the grad student in my gym with the Fly gloves and he let me look at them and then said he hasn’t wrapped his hands did I want to try them on. Of course I did. I will say I usually can’t see how paying so much more for a glove would make that much difference. But I may have to rethink that. They are more comfortable to me than Winning and are shaped more like my Mexican gloves (good natural fist, hollow handed palm, and you can really grip down without feeling like you don’t have enough padding) He also let me throw a few punches on an aqua bag and they had that good “pop” well made gloves have. I have many pairs of gloves and have been satisfied until I tried on these damned Fly gloves. Man, the English have got their sh*t together with this pair of gloves. And yes, I’m obsessed with getting yet another pair of gloves. I would have to train in them to make any lasting judgement. I must admit I liked everything I saw and felt. These are definitely on my amended XMas wish list. These were lace up with an “X” in the top the cuff. The padding was a graduated firmness which is a very unusual sensation. They appear soft until you punch with them and you can still feel which knuckles are making contact. However, the thumb is the best part. You know intellectually the thumb cannot be under you knuckles like a naked fist, but it’s as close to that sensation as I have ever felt in a boxing glove. More so than Casanova or Boxeo and I thought those were as good as it gets. These Flys were better. I usually do not like green gloves but this green was different. The owner of the gloves was going home for XMas but was told he may not get back to the US. I can promise you I was already scheming about giving him some money to get me a pair of gloves.
I love my fly gloves, coming from someone that has owned 4 pairs of wining over the years and I still have two pairs. You can sometimes find fly lightly used on uk eBay for a great price

I am well and truly hijacking here but don't want to resurrect a 5 year old thread and I can't start my own.
The mexican brand classics....where are they made? I have heard Texas!
Classics are made by one of the sons of the main craftsman of the Zepol brand. Originally one of their main distributors in the US was Wayne Harrison of Fort Worth, who ran the Armadillo boxing gym. I used to work out there around 2006-2007, it's closed these days. Now there have been a lot of changes to the brand since then, but Wayne told me at that time that the gear was shipped from Mexico. Incidentally, they have a website and the customer support phone number has a Fort Worth area code.

EDIT: Found the Mexican facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/classicsmx

Classics are made by one of the sons of the main craftsman of the Zepol brand. Originally one of their main distributors in the US was Wayne Harrison of Fort Worth, who ran the Armadillo boxing gym. I used to work out there around 2006-2007, it's closed these days. Now there have been a lot of changes to the brand since then, but Wayne told me at that time that the gear was shipped from Mexico. Incidentally, they have a website and the customer support phone number has a Fort Worth area code.

EDIT: Found the Mexican facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/classicsmx

Really appreciate that thank you, I don't have Facebook so was struggling to find them.

Thank you also for the info!!

Picked these up, almost new for cheap
The only thing better than a new well made pair of gloves is a new well made pair of gloves you got a good deal on and paid much less than they’re actually worth. I got a new pair of Winning gloves that way. Bought them at a Houston Texas pawn shop. Tags, box, blue liner, right label. The owner had maybe 30 pairs of gloves and had old pictures of him fighting in the 1970’s. So I asked are these genuine. He said he also had the shipping and lading slip. When he started talking about gloves and Winning in particular, I knew he knew is sh*t. That chance encounter (I was looking for a pistol) has really paid off. I have bought 12 pairs of gloves from him and his son over the years. Great pair of gloves you have. Can you sense the envy?

I love my fly gloves, coming from someone that has owned 4 pairs of wining over the years and I still have two pairs. You can sometimes find fly lightly used on uk eBay for a great price
I just joined the modern world and created an eBay account. I began looking immediately. I don’t know if this is a good thing or not. I saw 4-5 pairs of good gloves I wanted to buy.

Back