Post Your Gloves/Gear

You can contact with Casanova directly next time and order anything you want in the same price as stock gloves. I would definitely go next time with double stitching and welted seams.

I would say Bryant Boxing. He uses different padding than usually and liner suppose to be softer in feel. Or you can try Russian Boxer. Nobody say that with hundred percent sure, but they are selling gloves from the same craftsman, who makes Grants. 200 USD plus 30 USD worldwide shipping I guess.

I emailed Russian Boxer a few months back - Minowafanatic: $250 dollars including shipping to the UK. I am very tempted if they are Grant quality.

You can contact with Casanova directly next time and order anything you want in the same price as stock gloves. I would definitely go next time with double stitching and welted seams.

I would say Bryant Boxing. He uses different padding than usually and liner suppose to be softer in feel. Or you can try Russian Boxer. Nobody say that with hundred percent sure, but they are selling gloves from the same craftsman, who makes Grants. 200 USD plus 30 USD worldwide shipping I guess.

I emailed Russian Boxer a few months back - Minowafanatic: $250 dollars including shipping to the UK. I am very tempted if they are Grant quality.

Ah thanks for the recommendation RE: Bryant Boxing

I have had Grant gloves before and I don't love them, still a bit stiffer than what I'd like in the training gloves.

The guy who makes HDZ also used to make Grant too.

Those Flys are beautiful. I already have a bunch of gloves in that color (Campeon, Top Boxer, Shevlin, etc) but i still want them. lol
Your Reyes look a lot less boxy than the old velcro models. I know they're 14s but I'm wondering if the redesign from a few years back makes it worth giving velcro Reyes another look.

The Reyes would be the never design as they are only about 12months old and I got them direct from Mexico the are basically my go to training glove at the moment

Yeah the design update was at least a couple years back, but I'm not sure on the date. Reyes 12oz lace ups are my go-to mitt gloves. Reyes L hybrids are fun workout gloves, but weighing in at 20oz can be a bit too big & heavy for a lot of things in the gym. Reyes M hybrids might be my 1st or 2nd all-time favorite glove, but a little too light for sparring (rated to 14oz I think). I have been in this long debate over whether or not to give the 16oz velcros another shot.

Yeah the design update was at least a couple years back, but I'm not sure on the date. Reyes 12oz lace ups are my go-to mitt gloves. Reyes L hybrids are fun workout gloves, but weighing in at 20oz can be a bit too big & heavy for a lot of things in the gym. Reyes M hybrids might be my 1st or 2nd all-time favorite glove, but a little too light for sparring (rated to 14oz I think). I have been in this long debate over whether or not to give the 16oz velcros another shot.
Well the 16oz Velcro will likely weigh 18/19oz based on ones I have had before. I find the 14 great for everything other than sparring and the really solid heavy bags at a gym I used to train at which is why I got the 14oz winning

Just flexing with my new gloves!! Added a few more to the collection after Black Friday

Attachments

• upload_2020-12-10_1-56-44.jpeg
    upload_2020-12-10_1-56-44.jpeg
    232.3 KB · Views: 31
Well the 16oz Velcro will likely weigh 18/19oz based on ones I have had before. I find the 14 great for everything other than sparring and the really solid heavy bags at a gym I used to train at which is why I got the 14oz winning
I bit the bullet and went for the 16s. I can handle a couple ounces over. Those L hybrids get over 22oz when wet from sweat (weighed them) and they're just a little bit too bulky for most training.

Hii have you tried fly with synthetic leather? I am curious if the feeling different with the real leather one. Thank you
No I haven’t I have used the synthetic gloves personally I have seen a pair of a friends etc. The padding is same as the leather ones just the leather that’s different I have order a synthetic facesaver and groin guard that are due to come this week should be same as the winning which are also synthetic

Hii have you tried fly with synthetic leather? I am curious if the feeling different with the real leather one. Thank you
I have two pairs of their Fly X Line, IMO their Synthetic Leather is pretty close to the feel of Winning's (I have a FG2900 & CPS500). It's definitely a step up from any Synthetic Leather that I have seen with Rival Gloves I brought in the past. Like what RDL81 said, the padding is pretty much the same. You're literally paying for Premium Leather for that price for Fly's Premium Line, which is just up to you.

I just picked up their new Green & Gold X line gloves in the sale. I've got those Fairtex Synthetic Leather gloves - which are, as I would expect from Fairtex, a pretty good glove - but these are in a different league. Best Synthetic Leather I've ever seen; feel great, nice grain, seem durable (obviously that will be tested).
The only thing they're missing is that leather smell.
As for the gloves themselves: Fly make beautiful gloves. Excellent padding which balances bang with protection, great wrist support, and they feel so natural on my fists.

No I haven’t I have used the synthetic gloves personally I have seen a pair of a friends etc. The padding is same as the leather ones just the leather that’s different I have order a synthetic facesaver and groin guard that are due to come this week should be same as the winning which are also synthetic

thank you for your input. Really curious with the real leather, but now i see many option too for the x line. If the different just the smell of the leather lol, better to get 2 pairs of the x line.

thank you for your input. Really curious with the real leather, but now i see many option too for the x line. If the different just the smell of the leather lol, better to get 2 pairs of the x line.
The groin guard and facesaver come I posted some picks in the Black Friday thread so you can see the synthetic leather there is very similar to the winning one.

also here

the leather fly gloves are obviously double the price like you say.

The groin guard and facesaver come I posted some picks in the Black Friday thread so you can see the synthetic leather there is very similar to the winning one.

also here

the leather fly gloves are obviously double the price like you say.

Ummm, the White x Silver looks much better in person. Now I'm regretting that I didn't snatch one.
Fly's UK Website pictures made it look very campy. Not to mention, the new Blue x Gold on their site seems to use a totally different shade of Darker Blue in real life.

Ummm, the White x Silver looks much better in person. Now I'm regretting that I didn't snatch one.
Fly's UK Website pictures made it look very campy. Not to mention, the new Blue x Gold on their site seems to use a totally different shade of Darker Blue in real life.
Yeah from what I have seen on people’s social media the green/gold and blue/gold don’t look as good they did on flys pictures. I am well pleased with the white and gold went for that as most neutral

So I ordered the Reyes purple velcro in 16oz. I don't know if they sent me a woman's size or what, but these things are only slightly bigger than my Reyes 12oz laceups (cuff length being the only noticeable difference). They do weigh 18 (R) and almost 19 ounces (L). I'm a huge fan of snug gloves, so to me these things are awesome - I can wear them for everything: mitts, bag, and even sparring (if they soften up some). I just hope they don't stretch out too much like my last pair of 16oz velcro - which is not too likely because they're more snug than those ever were.

Yeah from what I have seen on people’s social media the green/gold and blue/gold don’t look as good they did on flys pictures. I am well pleased with the white and gold went for that as most neutral

Ohh great things to talk about the color, i think it’s only me who confuse to pick the new color. I watched at fit2box the green looks good, but different with the pics. So i am not sure now, while their red is a safe choice in my opinion

Back