Post Your Gloves/Gear

I finally got round to adding some fly gear to the collection. These just scream quality the leather and finish is amazing the padding seems great and I really like the shape. The fit is a little tight but I have been told they will give a little as leather softens. View attachment 813587

These look great. I'm thinking of getting the black and golds in a full sparring set.

Aside from fight gloves (No Boxing No Life, Everlast MX and Salvador Elite), Fly gloves are the only gloves where my fist is most naturally formed, i.e. my main knuckles are close to being or are in a flat vertical line with my door knocking knuckles. Nearly all other gloves have my door knocking knuckles sticking out at a 7 oclock position in front of my main knuckles.

100%! I was thinking of getting the lace-up version of these because how great the leather looks. Probably might wait till Black Friday to see if these are still available.
The leather is really really good. This range is not going to be in the Black Friday sale unfortunately, I asked as I am thinking of getting the matching sparbar headguard as lots of people saying it’s better than the winning fg5000

This vintage pair was made in Italy sometime in the 1970s. I picked them up earlier this year. I don't think they were ever used, or if so, only very lightly as there's no marks or blemishes of note and the hair padding still feels fluffy.

89010875-2496343877285483-2817905082010435584-n.png

89108953-196781728235276-6936773702352633856-n.png

To guys who own Infinitude gloves. How are they handle after while? What's inside? IMF, or something better? I can't find.
I know you posted this question in September and it may already be resolved, but I bought a pair and here’s an answer. These are great gloves for the price entry point. I bought the Infinitude Raider Pro in 18 oz, with yellow half-palm, yellow piping and half-thumb. There’s also yellow on the velcro strap. Great leather, great construction and great padding. The padding is multi-layered foam padding. I’m going to guess here but my manipulation of the glove indicates it’s three layers. Very good, not too thick like a Rival glove. Great flat knuckle area so it makes a pop on the mits and bag. The padding is dense so sparring with these gloves may make sparring partners mad. I always ask myself would I mind being hit with these. No, I wouldn’t but I have sparred with some who think 3-3 minute rounds of sparring with the oldest boxer in the gym is the Olympic box-off trials and take their sparring very seriously, checking my gear as I put it on. I train with Mexican gloves and I suppose they think I’m trying to take advantage of them. I am 57 and there’s not a single 20 something training at my gym I am able to take advantage of anymore. I use these for hitting a 200lb heavy bag at my gym and I can really drive my punch with this glove. I have no fear of injuring my hands which unfortunately has become a concern in the last decade of my training. The profile of these 18 oz is as close to my Mexican gloves as I could find-that’s why I bought them. The company claims a “Grant profile” and I would agree. The striking surface is narrow so I find the wrist support great, getting your lower arm into a punch like a piston. Again, I use Mexican made lace-ups and although not as snug, these support the wrist well enough for an older man to wail on the heavy bag. Stitching is detailed and finely done. For the price, these gloves are worth it. I included some pictures for you to look at. I think I paid $79 US for these on Amazon and got them in 5 days here in Texas. The lining is also quality. I’ll admit I was surprised. I’m getting great use out of these.
F2568E43-AEA0-41D9-9112-BDB8DAB66C95.jpeg 18BCAB2C-B540-4519-A4C2-94C9A3BB16A1.jpeg F344EF9D-8444-480E-B928-D24F5E925E16.jpeg
Hope this was helpful.

Yes, I bought them a week later, when they had good discount. I went with custom Raptors. They're my preferred gloves for sparing right now. Good padding and comfort. One drawback for me it's the lining. It feels little hot after longer use. I use some Mexican gives too and I prefer lining there. Maybe it's little rough inside, but it's not that baggy.

Attachments

• Collage_20200923_105958.jpg
    Collage_20200923_105958.jpg
    807 KB · Views: 20
Yes, I bought them a week later, when they had good discount. I went with custom Raptors. They're my preferred gloves for sparing right now. Good padding and comfort. One drawback for me it's the lining. It feels little hot after longer use. I use some Mexican gives too and I prefer lining there. Maybe it's little rough inside, but it's not that baggy.
I was pleasantly surprised by the glove. It’s apparent that the Pakistani glove manufacturers listened to the criticism of the boxing public. The Raptors are marketed for the padding so I’m not surprised. I would have no problem sparring with or against the Infinitude or Raptor glove. We are the beneficiaries of social media and forums like this my friend. When Ringside and Title moved their manufacturing to Pakistan their quality plummeted. Cheap, hot, plastic bags with padding. They had to teach Pakistani manufacturing how to make boxing gloves. Guys like Topboxer and Infinitude take gloves as serious business. (I also own a 20oz pair of Topboxer custom) 20 years ago, the big glove manufacturers thought we were idiots. Everlast with the fcuking eversheild crap, Ringside and Title with their “engineered leather” and IMF. It was apparent that these companies were contemptuous of their customers and didn’t think we’d notice. Grant even has a plastic toy glove. I have a pair of Ringside Contender 18 oz sparring gloves and an XXL pair of unattached thumb bag gloves whose leather is pristine. The elastic strap and elastic cuff cover is shot on the sparring gloves and the padding compressed on the bag gloves, but the lining and leather is flawless. I was competing then in the USA Boxing masters’ and probably put those gloves through thousands of rounds. I paid $44 dollars for the sparring gloves and $24 dollars for the bag gloves. In 2009, I bought the exact same gloves for a camp and got cheap, polyurethane gloves with cheap padding and had to buy more gloves just to finish camp. I borrowed a pair of Casanova’s one night and changed my life. Too bad I was long over the hill. A graduate student at Texas A&M who was from Mexico City had these and had the ubiquitous “Mexican Hook-up”. You know, “I know someone who knows something about where to get these gloves”. I have been hooked ever since I sparred with those beat-up loaner gloves. The point is that Pakistani glove craftsmanship is fast becoming exceptional and in Winning clone gloves as close to the real thing as you can get. I’ll never be unfaithful to my Mexican gloves, but I may casually flirt and occasionally date Pakistani gloves. Infinitude for the price and quality rocks. New Mexican Glove Delivery last week and my wife says “you can only wear one pair of gloves at a time”. Pictures below.
4972FAB1-EBBD-4CFB-A967-DC3432382E99.jpeg 45A1EFAC-9316-4212-AB01-A111B1B1EF5A.jpeg D6623388-1902-4BCD-B915-78DEB6EDE354.jpeg 05F1664E-E434-4AFE-8BE2-D6C18000B3B6.jpeg

I missed your thumbnail picture. I like your color schematic and the lace-up gives you away in that lace-ups requires actual other human beings to present when training. Meaning? At least mits and probably sparring involved. I still spar at 57. Usually a beginner and the trainers want him to have a positive learning session. Or female fighters who need work without the ego of the sparring partner getting in the way. Or when an older fitness guy drops his nuts and wants to know what it’s like to get hit. Or, if a pro is very very tired and wants a few more rounds, I get the scraps. Still get a boxing lesson handed to me but at least I can hit him a couple of times. See, about 10 years ago I began to become invisible at the gym. There but not seen. I have trained literally all my life. It’s the first exercise I ever had and if I have my way it will be my last too. I lost a semi-final at Ringside in KC in 2008 and began to notice I was being left out of sparring, I began to be called “Old School” or simply “School”. The younger fighters began asking me about Jack Dempsey and Joe Louis. Just jokes. My wife brought the point home when I was very late home from the gym because I was the last one in sparring. She said “the next youngest man at the gym is 10 years younger than you and he’s the trainer.”. True story. I love boxing as a sport, as a manner of staying fit, and as a lifestyle. Sparring and formerly competing brings it all together. I’ll never give it up until they close the box. Now, off to the gym.

I went that way and contacted with the three manufacturers in Mexico by myself and made orders. I even learned some Spanish for that to get in touch with Casanova. Most recent I bought a pair of Gil gloves and they are excellent. Way better than my Casanova gloves. I didn't try them yet since our gyms are locked down right now. Screenshot_20201115_230624.jpg Screenshot_20201115_230624.jpg IMG-20201013-WA0003.jpg

I went that way and contacted with the three manufacturers in Mexico by myself and made orders. I even learned some Spanish for that to get in touch with Casanova. Most recent I bought a pair of Gil gloves and they are excellent. Way better than my Casanova gloves. I didn't try them yet since our gyms are locked down right now. View attachment 814590 View attachment 814590 View attachment 814592
You have good taste in gloves. You also pick good color schemes. I, however and challenged in that regard. I fancied custom ordering from Topboxer and getting several colors and some embroidery and embossed lettering. When faced with how and where, I went with light blue and white and initials on the inside cuff. They’re custom though. I love Casanova’s and they’re my preferred glove. GIL is probably better made and more comfortable. However, here’s where my age comes in. I don’t mind breaking in a good glove. I tend to have hand problems caused by sparring and these compact gloves saved me from giving up boxing. If I ever customize a glove I may need you to consult for a small fee.
8154109B-09E6-43F3-9234-66F0BA28AF17.jpeg

Nice Casanova's

Nice looking Mexican gloves. I've not had any Mexican gloves I've super liked yet but haven't tried as many as you folk, being in Europe. Some different Grant gloves,, some gloves that were also made by Grant under a different label whose name I forget, Campeon, Reyes, one of the TMs, if my memory's right. GIL sounds like the way to go.

Nice Casanova's

Nice looking Mexican gloves. I've not had any Mexican gloves I've super liked yet but haven't tried as many as you folk, being in Europe. Some different Grant gloves,, some gloves that were also made by Grant under a different label whose name I forget, Campeon, Reyes, one of the TMs, if my memory's right. GIL sounds like the way to go.
I'm from Europe too. Gloves itself are pretty cheap, shipping and customs usually doubles the price.

@Badoldman for me Casanova have wider hands compartment, but slimmer wrist. Gil looks like thicker padded.

The Gil look nice did you say your ordered them direct?

I'm from Europe too. Gloves itself are pretty cheap, shipping and customs usually doubles the price.

@Badoldman for me Casanova have wider hands compartment, but slimmer wrist. Gil looks like thicker padded.
Spot on my friend. The primary reason I love Casanova’s is because of the hand compartment. My hands are very wide for a 184 lb-83.43 kg man. Not thick, just very wide. Like a duck’s foot. People at my gym laugh at me hopping around trying to get lace ups on with lace-n-loops. But once my knuckles are seated against the padding-it’s on. I’ve had to go to the restroom before during training and had to just hold it because gloves are so hard to get on my hands again.

Just finished up my workout for the this evening. I used this pair of Casanova’s. 82613049-229E-436B-B23E-171F4D81FE6F.jpeg

This pair has about 50-60 rounds on them and just getting broke in.

Ok, if you have wide hands they're good for you. I need to use my Fortress boxing wraps to fill them.

What have people found to be the softest Mexican gloves, any that aren't stiff, and don't have canvas material liner?

Ok, if you have wide hands they're good for you. I need to use my Fortress boxing wraps to fill them.
Gloves are like any product, they fill needs. Wide hands are a liability in boxing. My hand problems never were the result of actual fighting, they were the result of training. I tried all kinds of gloves. My hands were pinched in an unnatural position. Instead of punching with a clenched fist in the glove, it caused me to punch with a hollow hand. That was a recipe for disaster. I trained through it, wore Gel-wrap gloves, extra wraps, knuckle pads and had to stop working very heavy or densely padded bags. All those things caused more problems. The solution was not the wraps, it was having my knuckles firmly seated against the padding. It was stop-start training until by shit luck I tried on a pair of beat up Casanova’s. I knew the very first punch I threw these oddly built gloves were a game changer. Then the problem arose that these gloves are hard to locate and even harder to buy. I found a reliable source in all places Canada. He’s from Mexico and sells gear as a side business. I live a few hours from Mexico but have to buy my Mexican made Casanova’s, from Canada. Such is the world in 2020. When I buy gloves, I buy 5-6 pair at a time. I also buy and use Boxeo’s. Wide pockets are my personal needs but not necessarily the needs of most. Cleto Reyes will do if not hammering a heavy bag. The only problem I have with genuine Mexican gloves are their weights. Most stock gloves are 16oz except Gil. Campeons and old Zepol are too narrow and too soft. Because I buy my gloves several pair at a time, I can’t afford the luxury of custom gloves. I train 7 days a week most weeks and go through a pair every 8-10 months. The best non Mexican made gloves I have found are Topboxers custom Aliens. I have a 20 oz pair I put 15 rounds into today.

8FED1BB6-2027-487B-B5FF-E2559DF6E857.jpeg

What have people found to be the softest Mexican gloves, any that aren't stiff, and don't have canvas material liner?
I use Boxeo’s also. They have a better lining and much softer padding but until I punch some of the latex down, they’re too dense for sparring. These are like Casanova’s but are a little more compact across the knuckles. Once I begin sparring with a pair that has been broken in, they’re only used for sparring. With the Casanova’s I can tie a pair on after I’m warm and only take them off when I leave the gym.
EDDFDBC0-743E-46C4-A7E3-B5C558CADC4C.jpeg

Last edited:
Gloves are like any product, they fill needs. Wide hands are a liability in boxing. My hand problems never were the result of actual fighting, they were the result of training. I tried all kinds of gloves. My hands were pinched in an unnatural position. Instead of punching with a clenched fist in the glove, it caused me to punch with a hollow hand. That was a recipe for disaster. I trained through it, wore Gel-wrap gloves, extra wraps, knuckle pads and had to stop working very heavy or densely padded bags. All those things caused more problems. The solution was not the wraps, it was having my knuckles firmly seated against the padding. It was stop-start training until by shit luck I tried on a pair of beat up Casanova’s. I knew the very first punch I threw these oddly built gloves were a game changer. Then the problem arose that these gloves are hard to locate and even harder to buy. I found a reliable source in all places Canada. He’s from Mexico and sells gear as a side business. I live a few hours from Mexico but have to buy my Mexican made Casanova’s, from Canada. Such is the world in 2020. When I buy gloves, I buy 5-6 pair at a time. I also buy and use Boxeo’s. Wide pockets are my personal needs but not necessarily the needs of most. Cleto Reyes will do if not hammering a heavy bag. The only problem I have with genuine Mexican gloves are their weights. Most stock gloves are 16oz except Gil. Campeons and old Zepol are too narrow and too soft. Because I buy my gloves several pair at a time, I can’t afford the luxury of custom gloves. I train 7 days a week most weeks and go through a pair every 8-10 months. The best non Mexican made gloves I have found are Topboxers custom Aliens. I have a 20 oz pair I put 15 rounds into today.

View attachment 815819
You can contact with Casanova directly next time and order anything you want in the same price as stock gloves. I would definitely go next time with double stitching and welted seams.

I would say Bryant Boxing. He uses different padding than usually and liner suppose to be softer in feel. Or you can try Russian Boxer. Nobody say that with hundred percent sure, but they are selling gloves from the same craftsman, who makes Grants. 200 USD plus 30 USD worldwide shipping I guess.

Last edited:
Back