Porch_Rabbit's $450 Dress Shoes Swag Lounge

I finally was able to hire someone today. This process of trying to find a qualified employee has been absolutely brutal. We had a guy that was really qualified and incredibly smart. We're almost all the way through the process until we had to do a credit check. His credit score was around 510. I couldn't believe it.

Is that bad or good?

Is that bad or good?

Bad.

In finance, from what I understand via my financial planner friend, your credit score is = your worth as a person.

No chance you can get hired on in any meaningful capacity if it's bad.

I mean, do you want someone who is shit at managing their own money handling your money??

Bad.

In finance, from what I understand via my financial planner friend, your credit score is = your worth as a person.

No chance you can get hired on in any meaningful capacity if it's bad.

I mean, do you want someone who is shit at managing their own money handling your money??

Of course not. I just wasn't familiar with the numbering, ie 500 is a positive result or negative. So I guess it's pretty shit.

It's good that you got the majority of your chores done early, now you can spend the rest of your time off lifting, wanking, and drinking.

Anything under 600 is really bad. This dude just didn't give a fuck when he was Bachelor Frog. The problem is that he never cleared up all of his stuff, and he's now 34 years old. I used to run up credit card debt and everything else when I was in my early 20's bar hopping. I was definitely low 600s if not below that. Once I quit fucking around, I got serious and cleared everything up. I'm in the lower 800s now. It's something you can definitely climb out of. I'd hire this dude in a couple years if he straightens up.

Credit-Score-Range.jpg

which beer are you drinking?

What type of scale do they use to assess credit-worthiness on the other side of the pond?

which beer are you drinking?

Started with a McEwan's Champion Scottish Ale at 7.3%, just went to the garage for my second beer and realised I don't actually have any left.

What type of scale do they use to assess credit-worthiness on the other side of the pond?

There are credit checking facilities, although I'm sure what kind of scale they use. You can self check yours (although perhaps ironically, it usuaully costs you, sometimes they offer it for free). I've done mine once or twice and it was very good, although don't remember numbers or anything like that.

Hah I'm not even on the scale. I bottom it out.

So, you're srs bout the 300's?? I thought you were exaggerating.

That's the upside of drinking all your beer... you get to buy more.

Speaking of beer, today the LCBO opened their first "Craft Beer Zone" at their Summerhill location (it's kinda their flagship store in a trendy/rich area of Toronto). It will have extra focus on smaller breweries and also a growler station where you can fill growlers from your choice of 3 kegs. It's still kinda limited but definitely a step in the right direction.

Hey would you look at that.

You riled my curiosity so I went to look. It's up to 535.

At this rate I'll be a homeowner at around 48 years old.

A new brewery opened here too, it's off to a good start, the head brewer lived in Oregon for a few years and worked in a lot of the micro breweries there.

So far there's an IPA, wheat, Pilsner and an Irish red ale. It's not as good as the great leap brewery in Beijing but it's a good start so now there's 2 places that have some good beer on tap.

Been doing anything specific to bring it up or just paying bills?

Today's jobs consist of: school run, fix the aerial on my roof, donate some clothes to charity, get some food in for a bbq tomorrow, and of course and most importantly - buy more beer. I should get a bench session in too.

I have nothing that builds credit that I'm aware of. Car is leased through a friend. no credit cards anymore (thank the baby jesus).

And of course, the Rugby World Cup kicks off tonight with England vs Fiji, so I will be watching that, whilst drinking beer aquired today.

You should get some sort of really manageable credit. Like a credit card you only use to buy 20 bucks worth of gas a month and you pay on time before it accrues interest. Just takes a little bit of the ol' self control and it'll help you in the long run.

That sounds like a great idea.

But I don't think I could even get one?? And that might lead to a debtee coming after me. I'm sure my name is still on some ledgers out there under unpaid. I made a lot of mistakes in my early 20's and then compounded when I got out of the military suddenly.

And of course, the Rugby World Cup kicks off tonight with England vs Fiji, so I will be watching that, whilst drinking beer aquired today.

How do you fancy England's chances? Was there a sigh of relief when you read about halfpenny and Webb being out of the welsh squad?
As a welsh fan I know how I feel about it, I just want an English mans perspective.

@latflare what about you, any nerves?

Well, as much as it's tempting to leave well enough alone, you be better off finding unpaid/defaulted debts that may still be on your credit report and paying them off. The collection agency usually will work with you on a payment plan.

I had a large unpaid medical bill from a MMA fight that I didn't even know about (I thought it had been covered by insurance) that went to collections (the bills were sent to the wrong address). My credit score was in the low 600's and once I paid it off (I didn't even have to pay the whole amount, the collection agency made a deal with me) my credit score was over 800 within 18 months. I did have a ton of student loans and a credit builder credit card that I always paid on time that helped bring it up too.

How do you fancy England's chances? Was there a sigh of relief when you read about halfpenny and Webb being out of the welsh squad?
As a welsh fan I know how I feel about it, I just want an English mans perspective.

@latflare what about you, any nerves?

I think England are going to be there or there abouts. Tough group for England and Wales, although with Webb & Halfpenny out I think it would now slightly favour England to progress into the quarter final stages, I don't know if Wales have the depth in their squad that they'll be able to perform as well without those 2 key players. Has made it even more interesting, although of course it's unfortunate for Wales.

My misses does that with her credit card, buys her petrol with it then pays it off. Hard to believe for a woman I know.

My misses does that with her credit card, buys her petrol with it then pays it off. Hard to believe for a woman I know.

I have a credit card and my girlfriend has a copy linked to the same account where we do the majority of our monthly spending on - food shopping, petrol, anything else. I clear the bill each month, but we earn Avios (like airmiles) for each

Bbq is shaping up to be pretty epic (for me) tomorrow. I got steaks, buffalo burgers, venison burgers, sausages, some other type of burgers, a big old salted pork belly, some tapas type stuff, and some good beer.

I need to build my credit. Do you automatically have it ?

I need to build my credit. Do you automatically have it ?

If it's the same as over here, so I don't think so. If you haven't had any loans, credit cards, store cards etc you won't have a credit history. I think if you have a mobile (cell) phone under contract that counts though.

Do people raise/farm buffalo there in the UK? Or is that a specialty import type of thing?

Back