Porch_Rabbit's $450 Dress Shoes Swag Lounge

I'm at work on a night shift wearing slippers. I've been a shift worker most of my working life, why have I not enjoyed the comfort of wearing slippers at work until now?

I guess biscuits over there are different to biscuits over here?

Biscuit241.jpg

Today was my work's Summer fun day. Dragon boat racing in the morning, boche ball in the afternoon. Better than work!

Today was my work's Summer fun day. Dragon boat racing in the morning, boche ball in the afternoon. Better than work!

We have things like that at work, but I tend to never go. I'm going to have to Google boche ball.

All the breakfast foods discussed are super easy to make; french toast, pancakes, biscuits can all be whipped up from scratch in less than 30 minutes.

At my old job they'd do things like have treats in the lunchroom on Wednesdays. I thought it was ironic that so many of the employees were women concerned about their weight, and that's what they decide to do to boost morale.

The managers in our place do nothing to boost morale. We have to arrange our own nights out on the swish, we even have to arrange our own Christmas party.
The managers and admin staff all have a Christmas party, the rest of us donkeys arrange our own. How fucking annoying is that!? And they go on about how low morale is, how we don't care about our jobs.. It's because we're not being looked after, no one says thanks, managers are only in it for themselves. I work in a shitty leisure centre.

I worked in Tesco for years, everyone in that places hated each other, but every year we got together had a drink and had a laugh at christmas. We got to know each other on a personal level, even the managers let their hair down. I even slayed the checkout manager, but got put off by her hairy nips.

When I visit my grandson in Michigan, biscuits and gravy is the thing. Grits too. That shit is great.

The managers in our place do nothing to boost morale. We have to arrange our own nights out on the swish, we even have to arrange our own Christmas party.
The managers and admin staff all have a Christmas party, the rest of us donkeys arrange our own. How fucking annoying is that!? And they go on about how low morale is, how we don't care about our jobs.. It's because we're not being looked after, no one says thanks, managers are only in it for themselves. I work in a shitty leisure centre.

I worked in Tesco for years, everyone in that places hated each other, but every year we got together had a drink and had a laugh at christmas. We got to know each other on a personal level, even the managers let their hair down. I even slayed the checkout manager, but got put off by her hairy nips.

LOL. I used to love working at Tesco whilst I was at college, money was decent enough, especially if you did Sundays, and got the staff discount card, which really helped my mum with the weekly shop. Pretty decent social scene, and I met my girlfriend of a couple of years there (which in hindsight, wasn't so great).

That connects to me in so many ways.

Because I can relate to the hairy nips.

Oh man... french toast. I've never tried to make it.

This is my favourite recipe -

You will need: some eggs, some bread, some wine ( were making french toast after all)

1. Drink all the wine and get hammered
2. Proceed as if you were going to make eggs on toast, but because you're drunk as fuck forget to cook the eggs, toast the bread and put it all together in a bowl instead of on a plate.
3. Realise where you've gone wrong and chuck the eggy bread in a frypan.
4. Bon appetito!

I can speak from the perspective of a manager. I would not fraternize with the staff, as you run the risk of being accused of being unprofessional, being accused of quid pro quo or, potentially, some form of harassment. Appearance means a lot in the professional world, so I would not place myself in any circumstances that may cause doubt in my intentions.

I like me some pancakes, but they're a lot more work for me than French Toast. I don't like making the box stuff, I'm gonna make my own batter.

They don't do suit for us at work either...last year I got a shitty tea set....a fucking tea set...how cliche is that? A tea set in China...I think I have about 7 of them now because I never get the chance to re gift them.

I wish they would give me a case of tsingtaos or a dead duck or something useful like that.

This is my favourite recipe -

You will need: some eggs, some bread, some wine ( were making french toast after all)

1. Drink all the wine and get hammered
2. Proceed as if you were going to make eggs on toast, but because you're drunk as fuck forget to cook the eggs, toast the bread and put it all together in a bowl instead of on a plate.
3. Realise where you've gone wrong and chuck the eggy bread in a frypan.
4. Bon appetito!

I'm pretty sure I've read that this is how they were invented.

Speaking of shitty disappointing gifts. There's one doctor I work with and we always drink expensive Japanese whiskey in his lab after work. That yanazaki 18 year stuff, all sorts of other top shelf stuff too.

Last year I proof read a 50 page research paper for him (that was full of mistakes....full of them). It took like 7 hours of my time to fix it.

After I emailed it to him he sent me a message saying he submitted it, it was perfect, and that he has a gift for me that he knows I'll love.

I'm thinking he's going to give me some awesome booze but when I get to his office...he hands me a big wooden sword....like some traditional Chinese wooden sword...but bade of balsa wood so I can't even use it for anything....he was clearly re gifting it. .....thanks bro.

French toast for dinner it is

Skwaats are feeling great, boys. How 'bout a pint for the sweaty Irish guy in the rack?

I once "frenched" pancakes. Good breakfast.

Hey, for those of you who didn't know, I had an interview for medical school, was placed on a waiting list and was eventually accepted off the waiting list. I've just moved to Montreal about 5 days ago and am in the middle of orientation. Training has suffered with all the paper work and shit I had to process before matriculation but I'm hoping to get some good training going in the coming days. Thanks to you all for the words of encouragement and support you've given me over the years in my journey to pursue medicine.

Congratulations.

So many powerlifting doctors. I don't know why.

Just a general observation from going to France and going on holiday to Arabic countries where French is widely spoken like Morocco and Tunisia.
Some French twat squared up to me, because he stood in front of me when I was watching one of those late night entertainment things in the hotel, and I asked him politely to move.

And their women have hairy arm pits.. and they eat frogs....

And their rugby team is full of cheating pricks.

Hey, for those of you who didn't know, I had an interview for medical school, was placed on a waiting list and was eventually accepted off the waiting list. I've just moved to Montreal about 5 days ago and am in the middle of orientation. Training has suffered with all the paper work and shit I had to process before matriculation but I'm hoping to get some good training going in the coming days. Thanks to you all for the words of encouragement and support you've given me over the years in my journey to pursue medicine.

Dude, congratulations. From what I understand, stand by for face melting. Best of luck my man. And fuck training, get that money son.

I told myself no weekday drinking this week. Then someone gave me a bottle of barrel proof. I didn't think I put it all away last night but here I am today with an empty bottle, and texts in my phone to/from my ex. Fuck. Fuckity fuck fuck

Congrats toonie.

Dammit Dan, No fun checking the cell phone after a night of drinking...

Just a general observation from going to France and going on holiday to Arabic countries where French is widely spoken like Morocco and Tunisia.
Some French twat squared up to me, because he stood in front of me when I was watching one of those late night entertainment things in the hotel, and I asked him politely to move.

And their women have hairy arm pits.. and they eat frogs....

And their rugby team is full of cheating pricks.

The men can be arrogant as hell and I've also had some French guys try and start fights with me. It's the revolutionary and passionate nature (plus if you're British you're the enemy).

The women though...
Laetitia-Casta-blogtaormina.jpg

1280-q6p86w9ff29qkd2krfr4r967syc92q8mnhd5j3hc.jpg

I had a manager once who was pretty crazy. Our group of about 20 was spread across the SouthWest US, but we were all in San Francisco for a team meeting & training. We're all out having a nice dinner on the company's dime and our manager (We'll call him Scott) is there eating & drinking with us. Everyone is shooting the shit and drinking beer, it's probably 9 or 10pm by this point and then Scott who had a brand new beer in his glass was standing up trying to tell some joke or something, when someone starts chanting "Chug, Chug, Chug.." and then everyone piles on so Scott starts to chug his beer, finishes about 80% of it & then dumps the rest on his own head. Fucking hilarious right? 10 minutes later, drunk beer-head Scott is now trying to have a serious conversation with one his engineers about the guy's performance & he tells the guy he's being put on plan. Which basically means you're 1 slip up away from getting fired.

I couldn't believe he had that level of business conversation with the guy right after pouring a beer on his own head.

French Canadian women are by far the hotterest looking women in our country.

Congrats toonie.

Dammit Dan, No fun checking the cell phone after a night of drinking...

Dude, I may have dug a hole on this one. We'll see how the day plans out but I'm probably going to be in the suck by this evening. Damn you Kentucky bourbon. Damn you.

So much for a relaxing week off, I got up early today for some unknown reason, took my son to school, looked after my youngest son whilst my girlfriend hit the gym and then went for coffee, cut mine and my neighbours lawns, painted my back fence, picked my son up from school, took him to gymnastics, came home, little bit of dinner and then finally lifted some weights as the sun was setting....I think I'll have a beer now.

Congrats toonie!

calvus, that's nuts.

My company, or at least the teams I've worked on, have managed to maintain a fairly casual atmosphere so as a lead I don't feel weird socializing with the people I supervise. I don't really socialize with the co-ops anymore though. It felt natural in my mid-20s but now that I'm close to 15 years older than them it feels weird.

So much for a relaxing week off, I got up early today for some unknown reason, took my son to school, looked after my youngest son whilst my girlfriend hit the gym and then went for coffee, cut mine and my neighbours lawns, painted my back fence, picked my son up from school, took him to gymnastics, came home, little bit of dinner and then finally lifted some weights as the sun was setting....I think I'll have a beer now.

#realmanproblems

I finally was able to hire someone today. This process of trying to find a qualified employee has been absolutely brutal. We had a guy that was really qualified and incredibly smart. We're almost all the way through the process until we had to do a credit check. His credit score was around 510. I couldn't believe it.

Back