Popular TV Shows That You just Can't Get Into

Scrubs, just don't find it funny.

Game of Thrones!

A list of the most popularly and critically acclaimed series that I watched, but found to be highly overrated in one or both spheres:

C.S.I.: Crime Scene Investigation
House M.D.
The Shield
Entourage
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Orange is the New Black
The Practice
Girls
Murphy Brown

Treme (kills me to say it)
The Newsroom (seasons 1 & 2...3 was actually quite good)
Homeland (seasons 2-4)
Dexter (seasons 6-8...still angry)

Californication.

I kinda enjoyed the first season, but something changed with the 2nd season, and I just started thinking "Why am I watching these assholes?". Literally every character on the show was an asshole, and not the entertaining kind.

Also, I enjoyed the first season of American Horror Story, but season 2 was a bunch of nonsense that threw away a cohesive plot in favour of jam-packing every asylum cliche you could imagine with a bunch of stuff that is never explained, and season 3 was so terrible that I stopped watching in the middle of the first episode - it actually seemed like it was written over the weekend. I'm done with that show. Too bad, I wanted to like it.

Other shows that I attempted but could not get into:

Rescue Me - More assholes, not the entertaining kind

Big Bang Theory - Painfully unfunny. Bernadette is hot doe. Would burgle.

Community - Season 1 was good, but after that, just a bunch of nonsense. Like it was written by Dennis Miller's hipster son.

Archer. It should be well up my street. I think Jon Benjamin is hilarious and dig everything else I've seen him in but just don't find Archer particularly funny.

I really don't like Newsroom/House of Cards style shows that seem like they're trying to be so smart that it is condescending. "This is how all this really works and you're so stupid for buying into it" is what it feels like they say to me. Can't get into it.

I don't like GoT either. Way too many characters and story arcs. I don't mind a strong supporting cast but I like to have a central main character and storyline.

A list of the most popularly and critically acclaimed series that I watched, but found to be highly overrated in one or both spheres:

House M.D.
The Shield
Entourage
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Orange is the New Black
The Practice
Girls
Murphy Brown

Homeland (seasons 2-4)

House was very good until the last two seasons or so. I completely agree with dexter, the first 4 seasons made it my all time favorite, the last few seasons completely destroyed the legacy of the show. Just horrifyingly terrible.

NCIS and it's spinoffs. I keep seeing how its America's top show/drama/whatever, but I found them all to be pretty boring.

Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad. I've watched some eps. made it through to s3 of Breaking Bad, but the entire time watching it felt like a chore. Usually I'm either looking at the clock to see when its going to end or I end up letting it run while I do other things.

House M.D.
The Shield
Entourage
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Orange is the New Black
The Practice
Girls
Murphy Brown

Homeland (seasons 2-4)

I really liked Treme, even though the plots were dull, and the city as a character idea seemed like it often took priority over compelling story telling. The cast was charming and the structure (scene/music/scene) made for a nice entertaining hour of television.

Breaking Bad - Partially because of it's disgusting fan base. Oh Breaking Bad is the best TV show ever? What's that, you've never seen The Wire, GoT, Sopranos, or X-Files but Breaking Bad is obviously better? Fuck outta here.

I dont understand your point....as far as I know nobody in the world has seen every single tv show in existence so are you saying anyone who says such and such a show is the best ever is an idiot? Fuck outta here.

Agree with others saying the Wire. Think I made it through the first couple of seasons and just couldn't do anymore. The characters didn't really interest me and it was way too slow.

I tried to watch the Wire but i fell asleep during the first episode. Never felt like watching it again.

Same thing with Boardwalk Empire, although maybe I shouldn't have tried to watch it at 2 am.

Breaking Bad - almost got cancer myself struggling through season 1.

Thought it might pick up in season 2....nope.

I really liked the first season then I thought the show turned into a parody of itself at an alarming rate. The characters on the show are incredibly unlikable.

True Detective is another one for me. That is the most overrated piece of crap to come along in years. A couple of guys riding around making mean faces at each other, the Matthew McConaughey confused face that for some reason people identify as great acting,( I mean the camera zooms in on McConaughey and he has that dumb look on his face and he gets nominated for awards and shit for it.) the way it morphed into buddy cop crap at the end of the show.... Didn't care for that show at all really. I honestly think if it weren't for the tits in that show, it would have been considerably less popular. Plus the whole story was just a mess and red herring after red herring.

Agree with others saying the Wire. Think I made it through the first couple of seasons and just couldn't do anymore. The characters didn't really interest me and it was way too slow.

The Wire is just a show that you expect to be incredibly good because of the hype. You go into it with unreasonable expectations and it disappoints. It took me several tries to make it through that series but once I did, I was glad I watched it.

100% of sitcoms and about 99% of shows on network TV.

Everyone keeps telling me, "OMG you have to watch game of thrones it's soooo awesome!!!" But I have zero interest in watching that show.

Everyone keeps telling me, "OMG you have to watch game of thrones it's soooo awesome!!!" But I have zero interest in watching that show.

I did as well until I started reading the books, then I watched the show and found it portrays the book pretty well. Pretty solid television show imo.

Walking Dead too. Just not interested.

Walking Dead too. Just not interested.

Would be cool if they made an animated version that follows the comics directly, because the comics were fucking awesome.

Back