Popular TV Shows That You just Can't Get Into

2 and a half men
scrubs
how i met your mother
ncis
house
lost
big bang theory

The Walking Dead. I'm a fan of horror, don't mind zombies... Could not sit through this show beyond the 3 or 4 episodes I saw. The characters are what really killed it for me. Insufferably boring and/or annoying.

I second Sons of Anarchy.

I watch Justified and its my favorite show, most people equate the two. But I just can't get into it.
I don't really think SoA is that highly rated outside of Sherdog: it's never been nominated for an Emmy, it gets mixed critical reviews, and it only pulls in the low 8's on IMDb. Even on Sherdog there was a poll pitting them head-to-head and Justified rightly thumped it. I didn't list shows like that in my own post, but it is extremely popular (at least where I live...maybe because it's probably the only hit show in history to mention my hometown by name), so I see how it fits the OP criteria.

I like the marvel movies so I was excited for this show. Watched I don't know - 4 or 5 episodes and then I thought, why am I watching this? It sucks! And I gave up.

Ming Na lives in my neighborhood and we see her around a lot. I've been tempted to walk up to her and ask her why the show is so God awful.

It gets a lot better about halfway (maybe more) through Season 1.

Justified - Couldn't get into it for some reason. Probably too much cowboy hats.
South Park - Watched it in the early seasons until I realized it just wasn't that funny.

If you can't get into shows like The Wire, Game of Thrones, True Detective and Breaking Bad, then I just feel sorry for you. Seems like some are too emo for quality TV.

Are there any shows that get a lot praise that you have tried to watch youself and just didn't like them.

For me it's -

American Horror Story
- I tried Season 2 and 3, couldn't finish either. Both stories just seemed like they were trying too hard to be bizarre and out there. Just really didn't find the story or characters interesting at all.

Sons Of Anarchy - Actually was kind of into this show at first but it just got old after a few seasons.

The Walking Dead - Never saw the appeal in this show, only watched the first and second season and both were really dull. Zombie killing is cool, but 85% of the characters are annoying as hell.

P.S

I'm not just someone who hates mainstream show, I love Breaking Bad and Game Of Thrones.

I watched the first 2 seasons of The Walking Dead then quit because Season 2 was boring as hell. I heard it gets better and have been catching up. It does get better. Seasons 3 and 4 are waaaay better than Season 2.

I like the marvel movies so I was excited for this show. Watched I don't know - 4 or 5 episodes and then I thought, why am I watching this? It sucks! And I gave up.

Ming Na lives in my neighborhood and we see her around a lot. I've been tempted to walk up to her and ask her why the show is so God awful.

You should instead ask her how she's still so hot at 50-plus.

Back