Popular TV Shows That You just Can't Get Into

I bailed on American Horror Story as well. I avoided Walking Dead for a while due to the zombie loving dorks, but I actually like the show.

Mad Men - tried, fall asleep every time.

I could see that. You have to dig the characters, if you don't, then yeah the show will be piss poor for ya.

American Horror Story is so disappointing! The first season I found to be absolutely phenomenal. Season 2 was decent, not as good, but decent. Season 3 I didn't finish, and this latest season I think I've made it 2 episodes before I lost interest.

Big Bang Theory
Scrubs
Two And A Half Men

Pretty much any funny US shows that aren't funny.

Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire.

let's see, I found this: "America's Most Watched: The Top 50 Shows of the 2013-2014 TV Season"

I will now highlight in RED things I watch/have watched or would watch (I'm not highlighting football even though I watch it because that ain't a tv show

1. The Big Bang Theory (CBS) 23.1 million
2. NCIS (CBS) 22.4 million
3. Sunday Night Football (NBC) 21.7 million
4. The Walking Dead (AMC) 18.3 million
5. NCIS: Los Angeles (CBS) 17.9 million
6. The Blacklist (NBC) 16.9 million
7. Person of Interest (CBS) 16.2 million
8. Dancing With the Stars (ABC) 15.5 million
9. Blue Bloods (CBS) 15.2 million
10. The Voice (Monday) (NBC) 14.7 million
11. Criminal Minds (CBS) 14.4 million
12. Castle (ABC) 14.3 million
13. Modern Family (ABC) 14.1 million
14. The Voice (Tuesday) (NBC) 14.0 million
15. Monday Night Football (ESPN) 13.7 million16. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS) 13.4 million
tie, Elementary (CBS) 13.4 million
18. Downton Abbey (PBS) 13.2 million
19. Scandal (ABC) 13.0 million
tie, Resurrection (ABC) 13.0 million
21. Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) 12.9 million
22. Grey's Anatomy (ABC) 12.4 million
23. The Mentalist (CBS) 12.3 million
24. The Millers (CBS) 12.2 million
tie, 60 Minutes (CBS) 12.2 million
26. American Idol (Wednesday) (Fox) 12.1 million
27. The Good Wife (CBS) 11.9 million
28. American Idol (Thursday) (Fox) 11.5 million
tie, Sleepy Hollow (Fox) 11.5 million
30. Survivor (CBS) 11.4 million
tie, Two and a Half Men (CBS) 11.4 million
32. How I Met Your Mother (CBS) 11.3 million
33. Duck Dynasty (A&E) 11.1 million
34. Chicago Fire (NBC) 10.7 million
35. The Crazy Ones (CBS) 10.5 million
36. Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC) 10.4 million
37. Mike & Molly (CBS) 10.2 million
tie, Intelligence (CBS) 10.2 million
39. 2 Broke Girls (CBS) 10.0 million
40. Once Upon a Time (ABC) 9.6 million
tie, The Bachelor (ABC) 9.6 million
tie, The Amazing Race (CBS) 9.6 million
tie, 24: Live Another Day (Fox) 9.6 million
44. Unforgettable (CBS) 9.3 million
tie, Bones (Friday) (Fox) 9.3 million
46. Mom (CBS) 9.2 million
tie, Chicago PD (NBC) 9.2 million
tie, The Middle (ABC) 9.2 million
49. Law & Order: SVU (NBC) 9.1 million
tie, Undercover Boss (CBS) 9.1 million

99.9% of things on ABC, CBS, NBC, and FOX (minus comedies) are just literal poop. Sure sometimes a non-comedy is halfway decent is on there like Lost, Twin peaks, firefly, but usually no thank you

I usually just put shows on in the background and slowly absorb them that way but GoT is too much. I can follow individual plotlines, but I suppose picking up on how they're related would need me to sit down and watch that shit. I don't have the attention span doe

Most of all them. SOA,GOT,Breaking bad, Walking dead, Lost (Back in the day).

I have never really been into shows that everyone is "Into". I have had tests done and I'm not a hipster either so IDK.

Game of Thrones. Never seen it, probably never will. Cant get into it.

Mad Men- yeah I get it, its in the 50s or 60s or something

If you find the first season hard start with season 3.
Its a good one.

I don't mind cutting directly into the meat of a show. Before buying Oz on DVD I had to catch random episodes when I was able to. Missed much but was still highly entertained.

The sopranos, I found it hit and miss. Some episodes were great and others bored me to tears

Breaking Bad was unbelievably boring. For every 40 minutes of uninteresting stuff there were 5 min. where something exciting happened.
How I met your mother was a show about losers and betas, the women were dull and unsexy, and on top of that they tried to emulate friends, but failed miserably.

Last edited:
The Walking Dead

Green Arrow

Agents of shield

Flash

99% of sitcoms

Doctor Who

Virtually almost all sci fi tv shows

Game of Thrones. Never seen it, probably never will. Cant get into it.

Never seen it? As in you didn't give it a try? You're not going to get into something if you don't watch it at least.

Lost - immediately struck me as pretentious nonsense. My die-hard mates hated it by the end.

The Walking Dead - no interest in zombie flicks or anything zombie-related, so gave it a miss.

Anything political. I know 'House of Cards' is probably exceptional television, but the subject matter just makes me wanna claw my eyes out so I never bothered with it.

Same with Game of Thrones - not into fantasy stuff, so despite appreciating its probably great, I know i'd get bored.

Walking Dead fell flat for me, but I stuck with it a while. It just never got any good.

Sons of Anarchy always struck me as a ladies' program, basically a soap opera. I see dudes wearing licensed gear around and think it's a little funny, but that should stop soon enough.

Can't sit through an episode of Family Guy or South Park any more, but that's probably due to overexposure during college.

The new HBO dramas over the last couple years, Newsroom and Leftovers, have fallen flat to me as well. And I like Perotta as an author and binged watched all of the West Wing and Sports Night once I got netflix.

Also, Orange is the New Black, but I'm a dude, so that's expected.

The wire had me falling asleep. I didn't like any of the characters either. ��

Back