Popular TV Shows That You just Can't Get Into

If BE is popular? I dont know really, I liked it.
But I like the Wire and Dead wood more.

Al in Dead wood is one of the best bad guys as I said.
Charisma, smart and driven. But also no fucks is given about "MY HONOR" MY RESPECT", which I like, he is very pragmatic.
He can hate you and want to kill you (for business of course, never personal) and the next he ask for your forgiveness and want to be friends, because its the better strategy for business.

The man is straight up gangster. Also Ian MacSean (sp?) the guy playing Al is like 70 and a bad ass. Great shape and really look the part.

Checked out the pilot. Impressed. Al is much better a lead than Nucky(BE).

I usually just put shows on in the background and slowly absorb them that way but GoT is too much. I can follow individual plotlines, but I suppose picking up on how they're related would need me to sit down and watch that shit. I don't have the attention span doe

ive watched every ep of GOT twice and i honestly have no idea whats going on, i prolly shouldnt of admitted it but hey its the truth

I've never seen Entourage or The Sopranos.

Watched a few episodes of Lost and it never grabbed me at all. Tried watching The Shield right after I finished The Wire and it was just too OTT and unbelievable for me despite what others say about it. I guess The Wire set the bar too high for me.

I only watch sports, news, and history channel on TV, maybe an hour a week. Watch a lot of BJJ on youtube, probably 2-3 hours in a week. Watch movies and documetaries with the wife on netflix, maybe a couple movies a month. All I have time for.

I don't like most TV shows and commercials, its called the idiot box for a reason.

I tried watching SOA like the 3rd season in...gave up after two episode. Really upset about Deadwood being cancelled back in the day. I'm one of the 1% that thought the conclusion of Omar's story line in "The Wire" was genius! Shocking and so unexpected! Kudo's to Simon and company!

I'm 100% with you on American Horror Story, I tried so hard to like that show I really did but I just couldn't get into it

Agents of Shield.

I like the marvel movies so I was excited for this show. Watched I don't know - 4 or 5 episodes and then I thought, why am I watching this? It sucks! And I gave up.

Ming Na lives in my neighborhood and we see her around a lot. I've been tempted to walk up to her and ask her why the show is so God awful.

A lot of people here hate shows I love.

Hated on shows I love include:
Big Bang, Brooklyn 99, GOT, Walking Dead, Boardwalk Empire, SOA (minus last season), Agents of shield (I will watch anything comic related)

A few popular ones I never got into:
The Sopranos, Entourage, 24, Lost, Dexter (watched 3 seasons then lost interest).

Breaking Bad.... I watched it all, enjoyed it but couldn't make it through the last season. I was just like come on, stop making stupid choices. I stopped right after some kid got killed when they were robbing a train.

House was very good until the last two seasons or so. I completely agree with dexter, the first 4 seasons made it my all time favorite, the last few seasons completely destroyed the legacy of the show. Just horrifyingly terrible.
House was the same episode repeated a hundred or so times anchored by phenomenal acting that it didn't deserve. I was thrilled when Mad TV nailed them to the wall for it.

Breaking Bad.... I watched it all, enjoyed it but couldn't make it through the last season. I was just like come on, stop making stupid choices. I stopped right after some kid got killed when they were robbing a train.

Not a bad move since that's the moment Jesse starts menstruating for like 3 seasons. You must've sensed that shit

Lost.

The Wire took me a few tries to get into. I watched the first episode a couple of times before I finally went any further. But I was hooked when I did. Have watched the series like 3 times now.

I second Sons of Anarchy.

I watch Justified and its my favorite show, most people equate the two. But I just can't get into it.

. Primetime "comedy" shows like The Big Bang Theory or Brooklyn Nine Nine are just painfully unfunny. It's all hack bits, or forced attempts to make observational/daily humor zany. Parks and Rec ran its course, and The Office thankfully bowed out finally (three seasons too late). There's nothing on network television that's genuinely funny anymore. The Simpsons and Family Guy refuse to hang it up, CBS' lineup is all interchangable, and ABC & NBC just can't help but push liberal dreck on us every night.

I generally agree but I think Modern Family and Community are great.

I like the marvel movies so I was excited for this show. Watched I don't know - 4 or 5 episodes and then I thought, why am I watching this? It sucks! And I gave up.

Ming Na lives in my neighborhood and we see her around a lot. I've been tempted to walk up to her and ask her why the show is so God awful.

The show starts to really pick up later in the first season. I thought it was laughably bad at first, and it was. But it's gotten a lot better.

As for me, I couldn't get into Dexter after the first episode. The scene with him talking to his dad was pretty bad, and I wasn't really interested in the rest.

Last edited:
The Wire

The first season is ok, the second is garbage, the third seemed like it was gonna be better but I just didn't care to watch any more

SOA was really hard for me to get into..... bikers?? pffff

the wire????? whats up with all these losers, why do I want to watch this show?

the shield........ wtf is up with the camera action, can you stay still for a bit?

Back