Police brutality/excessive force

Also the non-lethal weapons don't necessarily stop attackers. You can pepper spray someone and they can keep coming forward, even more pissed off. Tasers don't stop attackers in their tracks either and from reading posts from some officers on this forum, the taser doesn't always attach properly when fired so it can be ineffective sometimes.

Your right... So just shoot and kill... Right?

"Unarmed people kill people everyday"??? I don't hear about "unarmed" people killing people everyday. We're on sherdog I know unarmed can present danger. But the average u.s. citizen is not an expert martial artist and dose not pose same risk. Why are people attacking police??? Maybe because they know cops kill us nothing so you may be fighting for your life. But a well trained law official should be able deescalate most of these situations before they go this far. My question is why are the police so quick to use there deadliest means of defense so fast? Tasers pepper spray and billy clubs! They don't have to just shoot people.
Jorge Zimmerman

I didn't miss anything. I was addressing your ridiculous post that insinuated that an unarmed person doesn't pose much of a threat if that person is untrained.

Are you special? A person with a gun (armed) pose a much greater person attacking you with fist(unarmed) not much if an argument there pal. Two different situations the should approached differently... By professional law men.

I understand what your saying.. But unless your an officer of the law it's irrelevant. The polices main duty isn't to protect themselves... It's to protect the citizens of there jurisdiction.

Teh fuck?

The actual motto of the police forces of the entire country is "to serve and protect"..... The people. Wow

And you think that doesn't include themselves?

Your right... So just shoot and kill... Right?

If there is a person posing a threat and coming towards them, someone else or they are reaching for a potential weapon, they are required to stop the threat which means shoot until the attacker stops. Pepper spray and tasers aren't reliable in stopping an attacker. This is too hard for you to understand?

The actual motto of the police forces of the entire country is "to serve and protect"..... The people. Wow

"To serve and protect" was a PR campaign created by LAPD in 70s and 80s. The primary functions of law enforcement are to enforce local/state/federal laws and protect the u.s. constitution.

Are you special? A person with a gun (armed) pose a much greater person attacking you with fist(unarmed) not much if an argument there pal. Two different situations the should approached differently... By professional law men.

You're very dense. No one said an unarmed person posed just as much or more of a threat than an armed person. My argument is that an unarmed person can STILL POSE A THREAT. Get that through your head.

Lozito V New York is case law last year showing that NYPD has no obligation to protect citizens. Watching an unarmed man fight an active serial killer with a knife is well within reasonable behavior for police.

In New York... Craziness! But not surprising.

"To serve and protect" was a PR campaign created by LAPD in 70s and 80s. The primary functions of law enforcement are to enforce local/state/federal laws and protect the u.s. constitution.

Created by the police then abandoned. Ok.

You're very dense. No one said an unarmed person posed just as much or more of a threat than an armed person. My argument is that an unarmed person can STILL POSE A THREAT. Get that through your head.
There was a controversial murder case happened near my home in Santa Ana last summer. Basically, 2 Mexican chicks beat to death a Vietnamese chick at a night club by stomping on her head. Yeah, these are chicks, not grown ass adult man. So if anybody thinks you can't kill someone with your barehands, then you need to get your head stomp a few times.

Lolz. No.

There was a controversial murder case happened near my home in Santa Ana last summer. Basically, 2 Mexican chicks beat to death a Vietnamese chick at a night club by stomping on her head. Yeah, these are chicks, not grown ass adult man. So if anybody thinks you can't kill someone with your barehands, then you need to get your head stomp a few times.

Thats seriously a concern for 5 or 6 police against 1 man? that he will beat them all to death unless they shoot him?

5 men with clubs cannot handle 1 unarmed. Great.

Created by the police then abandoned. Ok.

It's a PR campaign by the LAPD. Do you know what's a PR campaign is?

Also, since when LAPD represents all law enforcement agencies? There are literally hundreds of law enforcement agencies in the country (city, county, state, and federal)

Thats seriously a concern for 5 or 6 police against 1 man? that he will beat them all to death unless they shoot him?

You know, contrary to what seems to be popular belief, police don't have x-ray vision and don't know someone is unarmed until they pat them down.

In that case, then yes, it's pretty excessive. We had a case like that in Anaheim in 2012 where 4-5 Anaheim cops beat up a homeless man, Thomas Kelly, to death. Two of those cops are now in prison and the other 2 are fired.

Cops obviously have the right to protect their lives with deadly force. But it's an abuse of power to shoot an unarmed person with out reasonable cause. There's always a threat. But as a peace officer your mind set should not be shoot to kill.

In that case, then yes, it's pretty excessive. We had a case like that in Anaheim in 2012 where 4-5 Anaheim cops beat up a homeless man, Thomas Kelly, to death. Two of those cops are now in prison and the other 2 are fired.

???? it was 3, none of them went to jail. All were fired.

You know, contrary to what seems to be popular belief, police don't have x-ray vision and don't know someone is unarmed until they pat them down.

better just shoot everyone then, they might be armed. And thats what police do with armed suspects.

Back