Media Poatan preparing for Olympic wrestling, calls out Khamzat

You obviously didn't watch the fight lol, Alex was in control for the majority of it. Izzy was extremely lucky to be up on the scorecards and the rematch is likely going to go much worse for him.
Lololololololol. I watch almost every fight but hey you do you. Izzy was easily winning because he’s better not lucky. You’re the one who needs to reevaluate their watching skills but again you do you Pontiac

Small indigenous dude was about to backpack the brown belt.

Khazmat is all bark and no bite, though he likes to sniff crotches.

Fb-ctknXoAIwVIf.jpg

Dude needs to chill and work on his grappling. He barely won and if he loses the rematch he’ll be a blip on the radar. Probably the most lucky champion ever

1. WTF is "barely won"? You either win or you don't.
  2. If "barely won" was a thing, how would a knockout constitute "barely"? It's as definitive of victory as is possible in the sport.

Forgive me if I missed it but how is this video remotely a Khamzat call-out? Any video that features any grappling is calling out Khamzat?
Waiting for the dog ate my hwk excuse by Khamza. Ducked nate. Will duck Alex.
lol yup I'm sure Khamzat would duck the guy who is the perfect stylistic matchup that has the belt up for grabs

Alex has grapefruit sized testicles. He gets the belt and starts calling out probably the toughest fight for him. I say let them bang bro.
If he's serious with the call-outs, absolutely. MW is stale and could use something like this anyway. I'm often the hardcore "what has this fighter done to earn this TS?" guy but in this instance I'm all about the more compelling matchup. Best grappler in the division vs best striker in the division is compelling regardless of anything else.

You obviously didn't watch the fight lol, Alex was in control for the majority of it. Izzy was extremely lucky to be up on the scorecards and the rematch is likely going to go much worse for him.

Yes. Exactly.

Round 1, had Pereira systematically stalking Izzy, beginning the leg- and body-breakdown. Izzy did have a room very clean right hand in the middle of the round, but basically backed-up, gave ground, and was getting pounded to the body and legs by Pereira. Izzy "won" the first, only because of clipping Pereira the very end of the fight, when Pereira relaxed his guard. Pereira actually had all the momentum going for him in Round 1, as the punch stats reflect. (Body/leg kicks hugely in favor of Pereira.)

Round 2, Pereira clearly won by every metric.

Round 3, was "gifted" to Adesanya, who cleverly reversed a Pereira takedown attempt, then dominated Pereira. No question, Izzy won that. (Pereira could have gotten up quite easily, had he controlled Adesanya's hands, but Pereira failed to do this. 100% sure Alex will be working on that in the future.)

Round 4, was lackluster, Adesanya coasting (and slightly-winning) the first two thirds of the round — but Pereira began stepping on the gas in the last minute, wobbled Adesanya, and had Gynosanya hugging Pereira (and desperately trying to clinch) to escape with his life by the end of the fourth. Judges may have scored it for Adesanya, but Pereira owned Adesanya's ass by the end of the 4th.

Round 5, was a continuation of the momentum Pereira had built toward the end of the 4th. Round 5 was an absolute blowout of Israel Adesanya, on every level, by the better, stronger, more technical, Alex Pereira. Israel was literally left defenseless, hands down, amateurishly trying to "move his head around" while looking at the floor, in a punch-drunk stupor.

Israel Adesanya literally had nothing left at the end of Round 5, while Alex Pereira was still dangerously-capable monster.

Forgive me if I missed it but how is this video remotely a Khamzat call-out? Any video that features any grappling is calling out Khamzat?

lol yup I'm sure Khamzat would duck the guy who is the perfect stylistic matchup that has the belt up for grabs

If he's serious with the call-outs, absolutely. MW is stale and could use something like this anyway. I'm often the hardcore "what has this fighter done to earn this TS?" guy but in this instance I'm all about the more compelling matchup. Best grappler in the division vs best striker in the division is compelling regardless of anything else.

Like he ducked Diaz?

Why in the hell is Pereira trying to talk himself into a terrible match up?

A TKO is not barely winning lol, and up until that point it was very competitive and Alex had landed more overall...but he was losing based on round scoring.

People look at the rd by rd scoring & make it seem like a 1-sided domination. But in reality, it was a very competitive fight even though I scored it 3 rds to 1 for Izzy before the 5th. To me, Alex only looked uncompetitive in rd 3 & the 1st half of rd 4. He actually looked good the rest of the time

Rd 1 - Alex would've gotten the rd if not for the last 2 punches, Izzy stole the rd there with like 3 seconds left

Rd 2 - Alex won

Rd 3 - yes, I admit Alex looked bad in this rd. The TD was partly a result of Alex messing up though. I think Alex's TDD overall was very good in this fight, but once he got taken down, he didn't look good at all. He will need to work on this for future, especially vs Khamzat if it happens

Rd 4 - even though I scored this rd for Izzy, context matters. In the 1st half of the rd, Izzy won easily, I think Alex was still recovering from the 3rd rd. But Alex got a 2nd wind or woke up in the 2nd half of the rd. In the 2nd half of the rd, he was winning. As a whole, I still give rd 4 to Izzy

Was that what you were thinking when LW Burns was using his head like a speedbag while he started to gas? I bet it wasn't lol.

no, when Alex was knocked down by strikes and almost beat by an unranked bum last year lmao

1. WTF is "barely won"? You either win or you don't.
  2. If "barely won" was a thing, how would a knockout constitute "barely"? It's as definitive of victory as is possible in the sport.
I'd say barely won is a thing, but it would be a fight that could have gone either way and you just got lucky that 2 judges picked you because they have to pick a winner in a round even if they don't know who won it. they are basically told to randomly pick a fighter in any round they don't know who to choose, the exact words 10-10 "is not a score to be used as an excuse by a judge that cannot assess the differences in the round"

Back