• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Perjuring the Swamp (New report: Trump instructed Cohen to lie to Congress) +WOW+ (SCO Thread v. 27)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did he put sanctions on Russia, armed Ukraine.. etc
Because he was FORCED too. Another Trumpsters talking point that only sheep swallow. And he has fought to undue them ever since and might succeed now.

He lobbied and fought against them but the Congress and Senate just one year passed Veto proof sanctions that Trump did not want. So since they were put in place and he had no choice he has spun to say he put them in place just because he had not choice but to sign them.

White House to Congress: Russia sanctions not needed now

Senate Passes Russia Sanctions Bill

It’s official: Congress has handcuffed Donald Trump on Russia
It’s official: Congress has handcuffed Donald Trump on Russia.
On Wednesday morning, President Trump grudgingly signed a bill into law that imposes new sanctions on Russia and sharply limits his ability to lift them. Since the bill sailed through Congress with a veto-proof majority, his only options were to sign it or to veto it and then endure the humiliation of seeing Congress — controlled by his own party — override him with ease, as lawmakers in both parties pledged to do.

It's comical how clearly guilty he is at this point. I'm confident Trump will be in prison or dead within a few years.

Somewhat unrelated but again, just showing the depths of absolute shallowness and lack of self respect Trump has for himself.

Uh, that’s not rat mentality. They typically give information on their boss or people higher in the organization to get lighter sentences. It’s not about who hates who it’s about going up the chain of command.

In this case Trump was Cohen’s boss. And people take him seriously because apparently he gave prosecutors valuable information, like evidence that Trump broke campaign finance laws.

He’s a liar but given his circumstances it would be painfully stupid for him to lie now in public. So yeah, what he says should be taken seriously but through a critical lense. Seems like you’re writing off everything he says out of partisanship.
@HereticBD has taken on all the Trumpster talking points. He is the classic dupe.

I mean WTF is rat mentality? Cooperating really? That is what mobsters call those who cooperate and tell the truth. Is the Enquirer guy a rat? Is the Trump family Accountant a rat? None are looking to reduce any sentence, they are just cooperating and telling the truth. This is how investigations work. You don't typically get the top guy saying 'I am guilty'. You get guys in the organization fessing up and the boss is buried with corroboration between multiple witnesses.

Next from Heretic, 'snitches get stitches' because that is the level of intellect the Trumpsters are now showing.

@HereticBD has taken on all the Trumpster talking points. He is the classic dupe.

I mean WTF is rat mentality? Cooperating really? That is what mobsters call those who cooperate and tell the truth. Is the Enquirer guy a rat? Is the Trump family Accountant a rat? None are looking to reduce any sentence, they are just cooperating and telling the truth. This is how investigations work. You don't typically get the top guy saying 'I am guilty'. You get guys in the organization fessing up and the boss is buried with corroboration between multiple witnesses.

Next from Heretic, 'snitches get stitches' because that is the level of intellect the Trumpsters are now showing.

It's funny how they don't want people to flip for investigators, yet they don't want groups like MS-13 in America. The irony is laughable. Ignorance, arrogance and an unwillingness to address the situation has been mastered by the MAGA guys.

Why did he put sanctions on Russia, armed Ukraine.. etc

He was forced by Congress to do so and when Congress passed a resolution sat on it for months. He armed Ukraine with less than lethal force as per the new Republican platform. The original Republican platform was to arm Ukraine with the ability to defend and repel Russia.

Why did Trump want sanctions on Oleg removed? One of the main oligarchs in the Russia hacking case?

It's comical how clearly guilty he is at this point. I'm confident Trump will be in prison or dead within a few years.

it is clear

but since impeachment is a purely political process, I wouldn't be surprised if the Senate votes it down

@HereticBD is a lot smarter than the average Trump supporter but he's super partisan and very angry (which is directed at liberals) and that clouds his judgement on this stuff.

@HereticBD is a lot smarter than the average Trump supporter but he's super partisan and very angry (which is directed at liberals) and that clouds his judgement on this stuff.

Which I don't understand because he has no stake in our electoral process. But it's a free country and he can rock out with his sock out. I just don't take him too seriously.

Ladies, ladies, I know I'm irresistible, and I'm quite flattered by all the attention, but I believe this thread is about the investigation and not your undying love for me.

@HereticBD In this thread:

giphy.gif

I've been musing about the BF report. The reporters are insisting they've been in contact with their sources since Mueller disputed the story and those sources are saying it's solid reporting.

The only thing I can assume is that their sources were looking to burn them. That appears to be the explanation with the least moving parts, the simplest one.

Anybody want to wonder out loud with a different notion?

I've been musing about the BF report. The reporters are insisting they've been in contact with their sources since Mueller disputed the story and those sources are saying it's solid reporting.

The only thing I can assume is that their sources were looking to burn them. That appears to be the explanation with the least moving parts, the simplest one.

It's certainly not out of the realm of possibility. It's also a potential consequence of being a shitty Liberal rag who rushes to publish anti-Trump stories with the thinnest veil of confirmation.

For all we know, their sources were a couple of security guards. That's how low the media's standards are, and why there have been so many false reports. Shitty sources. If they don't want to be potentially mislead, perhaps they should vet their sources a little better, before they make an official report. I mean shit, Trump is a master media manipulator, and could definitely use the media's idiocy and rush to judgment in his favor. He could set up plants everywhere, and have them sell bullshit to the media, and the media would gobble it all up without hesitation.

I think the story is accurate, Mueller's office was contacted by the reporters before the story was released and asked if they wanted to comment....they declined to comment. But once the story was released they commented, which is strange because the office hasn't commented on any of the other stories that have leaked in the past whether or not it was true or false. Hell Trump is constantly calling the investigation a "witch hunt" and they don't even bother to deny that claim.

I'm thinking the story put in some information they didn't want to be released that could mess with their "perjury trap" for Trump.

I think the story is accurate, Mueller's office was contacted by the reporters before the story was released and asked if they wanted to comment....they declined to comment. But once the story was released they commented, which is strange because the office hasn't commented on any of the other stories that have leaked in the past whether or not it was true or false. Hell Trump is constantly calling the investigation a "witch hunt" and they don't even bother to deny that claim.

I'm thinking the story put in some information they didn't want to be released that could mess with their "perjury trap" for Trump.

I’m inclined to think this as well and also that certain aspects of the reporting are not 100% accurate but not meaning the meat and potato’s of the reporting is false.

I’m sure the OSC didn’t want the Democratic House to come trample over it’s investigation.

I’m not 100% sure about the timeline but I think the OSC commented after the house Intel committee said they need to launch a separate investigation.

This is the second time they've been caught up in questionable reporting. They might just be doubling down at this point and sticking with the lie because there is no way to completely disprove them. By the time we know for sure if they're lying or not we will have all forgotten about this and everyone will have moved on.

You even have posters now who still believe it's true and there is some other motive by Mueller here. Which might be the case but I'll go with the most simplest explanation instead of the 4d chess moves people are hoping are at play here.

The only possibility that I could really imagine was sources trying to burn the journalist's integrity. However there certainly seems to be a case for a more complicated explanation.
I favor Occam's. But in this case it ain't a razor, it's a bludgeon.

it'll be fascinating to see what the Mueller report clears up, if the Mueller report is released to the public.

I offered this upthread which i think is far more likely.

---------

I think the substantive details will prove to be true.

I think what happened (my guess) is that Cohen is the source. Really who could it be beyond Cohen, his lawyer or the Mueller team, and we know the Mueller team doesn't leak.

But journalists will often resort to misdirection to protect a source. If they did not point at the Mueller team the natural inclination of everyone would be Cohen or his lawyers, again as Mueller does not leak.

So when they came out with the story and pointed the finger at Mueller's team that pissed Mueller off. They were making his team look bad. So he cleared the air. IF you look at what he said he did not say the substantive details of the scoop were wrong. He said it was 'not accurate'. That could easily be referring to the 'source'.

This is the second time they've been caught up in questionable reporting. They might just be doubling down at this point and sticking with the lie because there is no way to completely disprove them. By the time we know for sure if they're lying
Idk about lying mang. I keep remembering that:
1) Something north of 90% of the unnamed sources reporting has turned out to be true. And

2) if it were left up to the right-wing media outlets, we wouldn't know a fucking thing about what Trump has been up to and that's worrisome. I would say the foundation of the right wing media output is defensive dissembling.

Idk about lying mang. I keep remembering that:
1) Something north of 90% of the unnamed sources reporting has turned out to be true. And

2) if it were left up to the right-wing media outlets, we wouldn't know a fucking thing about what Trump has been up to and that's worrisome. I would say the foundation of the right wing media output is defensive dissembling.

Timestamped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back