• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Perjuring the Swamp (New report: Trump instructed Cohen to lie to Congress) +WOW+ (SCO Thread v. 27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timestamped

Yep.
Though CNN has a left bias, they at least report what the fuck is happening in this presidency.
I'll side with those who are killing it with investigative journalism, running down sources, and doing all the hard legwork to get the stories together.

It's absurdly obvious that right-wing media would keep us in the dark -completely- if they were the only source of news about this administration.

Personally, I think RICO is bullshit in general.

I KNOW that it doesn't apply to the President. That's beside the point though. It's some lame cheat you've been convinced through Hollywood, that only applies to the Italian Mafia. Meanwhile, all of your minority buddies are getting fucked by it.

RICO is not simply used by cops to turn one guy on the other. You clearly don't know what you're talking about, like the fact that RICO was used to break up a large part of MS-13, which is the biggest problem in the world according to the president.

"My recent statements about discussions during the 2016 campaign between Michael Cohen and then-candidate Donald Trump about a potential Trump Moscow 'project' were hypothetical and not based on conversations I had with the President," Giuliani said in a statement. "My comments did not represent the actual timing or circumstances of any such discussions. The point is that the proposal was in the earliest stage and did not advance beyond a free non-binding letter of intent."

My statements were hypothetical, that has potential. I like that. I'm gonna use that today for some fun

"My recent statements about discussions during the 2016 campaign between Michael Cohen and then-candidate Donald Trump about a potential Trump Moscow 'project' were hypothetical and not based on conversations I had with the President," Giuliani said in a statement. "My comments did not represent the actual timing or circumstances of any such discussions. The point is that the proposal was in the earliest stage and did not advance beyond a free non-binding letter of intent."

My statements were hypothetical, that has potential. I like that. I'm gonna use that today for some fun

Lol mother of god.

Why is it so difficult for Trump and his campaign to keep a single story straight in regards to Russia?

How the goofs who voted Orange aren't concerned in any way shape or form is absolutely stunning.

Lol mother of god.

Why is it so difficult for Trump and his campaign to keep a single story straight in regards to Russia?

How the goofs who voted Orange aren't concerned in any way shape or form is absolutely stunning.
There are some right here on this forum who don't love everything he does or says because he's Donald Trump. Like I don't hate everything he does or says for the same reason.

I'm sure there are even some who think a better man should carry those policies forward.

There are some right here on this forum who don't love everything he does or says because he's Donald Trump. Like I don't hate everything he does or says for the same reason.

I'm sure there are even some who think a better man should carry those policies forward.

For fuck sakes I hope so. For me this has nothing to do with Dems vs Republicans, put ANYONE else in charge but this reality TV bozo.

The irony of the MAGA movement is that the leader is a compromised terrorist.

For fuck sakes I hope so. For me this has nothing to do with Dems vs Republicans, put ANYONE else in charge but this reality TV bozo.

The irony of the MAGA movement is that the leader is a compromised terrorist.
Compromised, inarguably.

... Terrorist...?

Lol mother of god.

Rudy is trying to react and change the story based on what he thinks Mueller knows and will be exposed and also what Cohen will expose.

They are trying to get it all out there and socialize us to it in a way that is not a big deal. YOu can see right now people are more concerned with Rudy blubbering then they are the actual details of a potential crime by Trump. That is the entire point of what Rudy is doing. By the time this stuff all comes out what Rudy wants is for everyone to say 'ya so what, we heard all that a million times and heard all the spin on it, next' and Rudy is trying to make sure there is nothing 'NEXT'. That everything is out, socialized and considered a nothing burger.

Last edited:
Rudy is trying to react and change the story based on what he thinks Mueller knows and will be exposed and also what Cohen will expose.

They are trying to get it all out their and socialize us to it in a way that is not a big deal. YOu can see right now people are more concerned with Rudy blubbering then they are the actual details of a potential crime by Trump. That is the entire point of what Rudy is doing. By the time this stuff all comes out what Rudy wants is for everyone to say 'ya so what, we heard all that a million times and heard all the spin on it, next' and Rudy is trying to make sure there is nothing 'NEXT'. That everything is out, socialized and considered a nothing burger.

Completely agree, then the parrots online will sarcastically spam "this is it" while nervously squeezing their Trump plushies.

His entire presidency has been surviving via misdirection and so many lies that you get lost in them. Hopefully he will be in handcuffs soon and someone else can clean up his disaster.

They are trying to get it all out their and socialize us to it in a way that is not a big deal. YOu can see right now people are more concerned with Rudy blubbering then they are the actual details of a potential crime by Trump. That is the entire point of what Rudy is doing. By the time this stuff all comes out what Rudy wants is for everyone to say 'ya so what, we heard all that a million times and heard all the spin on it, next' and Rudy is trying to make sure there is nothing 'NEXT'. That everything is out, socialized and considered a nothing burger.
I've said that's Rudy's job here and it's exactly what he means to do.

Problem for them is, it ain't gonna work; people are paying attention to the details anyways.

More importantly, people who matter are paying attention. How innocent or guilty he is in the public perception is meaningless unless they try their case in the court of public opinion, which they won't.

Of course, Trump floated the idea of a "people's revolt" if he gets impeached. And he doesn't know how you can impeach a president who's doing a good job

I've said that's Rudy's job here and it's exactly what he means to do.

Problem for them is, it ain't gonna work; people are paying attention to the details anyways.

More importantly, people who matter are paying attention. How innocent or guilty he is in the public perception is meaningless unless they try their case in the court of public opinion, which they won't.

Of course, Trump floated the idea of a "people's revolt" if he gets impeached. And he doesn't know how you can impeach a president who's doing a good job

I think Rudy and Trump are ALL-IN on the idea that this will NOT go to court first and WILL end up a political process and impeachment and only go to court if they lose the Impeachment. If they win the Impeachment case, they will claim victory and UP the witch hunt, deep state rhetoric in a hope to make Prosecution really unpalatable. Two losses in a row could really look like a vendetta by the deep state.

It is why I think the push to have the Dem's Impeach even if they know they will lose in the Senate is foolish. Just Prosecute this as a crime, period. Prosecute it where all these games of disclosure Rudy has been playing actually HURT Trump, in a court of law. Bring the charges and if the Supreme Court says 'you cannot prosecute a sitting POTUS' then stay the charges until he is out of office. Simple as that. Everything Rudy has said, all those inconsistencies actually hurt in a court of law and is why every defense lawyer typically says 'say nothing until the court date', but Rudy and Trump think they can stick handle around a court date. They are betting on it as they have to. They WANT a Impeachment fight. The Press wants it too as its great theatre and great ratings for them and even more so if Trump wins and outrage follows.

I think Rudy and Trump are ALL-IN on the idea that this will NOT go to court first and WILL end up a political process and impeachment and only go to court if they lose the Impeachment. If they win the Impeachment case, they will claim victory and UP the witch hunt, deep state rhetoric in a hope to make Prosecution really unpalatable. Two losses in a row could really look like a vendetta by the deep state.

It is why I think the push to have the Dem's Impeach even if they know they will lose in the Senate is foolish. Just Prosecute this as a crime, period. Prosecute it where all these games of disclosure Rudy has been playing actually HURT Trump, in a court of law. Bring the charges and if the Supreme Court says 'you cannot prosecute a sitting POTUS' then stay the charges until he is out of office. Simple as that. Everything Rudy has said, all those inconsistencies actually hurt in a court of law and is why every defense lawyer typically says 'say nothing until the court date', but Rudy and Trump think they can stick handle around a court date. They are betting on it as they have to. They WANT a Impeachment fight. The Press wants it too as its great theatre and great ratings for them and even more so if Trump wins and outrage follows.
Much of this is true.
I think in the end though, it will be like Watergate in that the facts will speak for themselves and his Senate support will start to disappear once the facts become known.

He's already toxic as a candidate for the next election, and even Republicans will be running on a platform of being more respectable and honest.

As far as Presidential history goes, his reputation is burned, exactly as it should be for this man.

Not because of his policies but because he's a horrible human being and a terrible example to follow.

I don't want a Nation full of children who grow up thinking this is how adults should behave.

Much of this is true.
I think in the end though, it will be like Watergate in that the facts will speak for themselves and his Senate support will start to disappear once the facts become known.

He's already toxic as a candidate for the next election, and even Republicans will be running on a platform of being more respectable and honest.

As far as Presidential history goes, his reputation is burned, exactly as it should be for this man.

Not because of his policies but because he's a horrible human being and a terrible example to follow.

I don't want a Nation full of children who grow up thinking this is how adults should behave.
I agree.

I think the republicans already know how bad the evidence looks against Trump and how damming it is. Mitch recent distancing of himself and the Senate from Trump supports that. He is trying to create the 'look we saw the problems...' defense if he sees Trump going down. But Mitch and the Repubs won't count Trump out no matter how bad the evidence is. Them abandoning him will not be evidence based nor fact based. Trump could literally shoot someone and whether they stood by him or not would depend on how they gauged public sentiment and support. Not the facts of the crime. IF Trump can maintain public support such that distancing from him would cause a split in the Party and ensure even more losses in the next election they won't do it. If he is sinking in public support and dragging them down with him, they will kick him to the curb.

That is why Rudy and Trump want Impeachment. They saw how the Kavanaugh trial galvanized the base even as it was drifting prior. Nothing like a good partisan battle to get everyone to put facts aside and just retreat back to US versus THEM camps. Trump sorely needs that. And the media wants it. Kavanaugh was great theatre for them but only the opening act. This would be the ratings main event. And a loss gets more ratings than a win due to outrage.

Last edited:
Lol mother of god.

Why would the right be concerned?

Economy? Great
Trade war? We’re winning it
Remember Isis?
Best manufacturing growth in a decade
Leading the world in carbon emissions
Etc...

Again, the right is just fine with all of this. Liking or disliking trump has nothing to do with it. Do you really think Mitch McConnell likes Trump?

<{cruzshake}>

But Trumps managed to push through a bunch of Mitch’s agenda, so...

Why would the right be concerned?

Economy? Great
Trade war? We’re winning it
Remember Isis?
Best manufacturing growth in a decade
Leading the world in carbon emissions
Etc...

Again, the right is just fine with all of this. Liking or disliking trump has nothing to do with it. Do you really think Mitch McConnell likes Trump?

<{cruzshake}>

But Trumps managed to push through a bunch of Mitch’s agenda, so...
Do you mean to suggest Trump supporters are in lockstep?
You must mean something else. No ideology has followers who agree on every point.

I agree.

I think the republicans already know how bad the evidence looks against Trump and how damming it is. Mitch recent distancing of himself and the Senate from Trump supports that. He is trying to create the 'look we saw the problems...' defense if he sees Trump going down. But Mitch and the Repubs won't count Trump out no matter how bad the evidence is. Them abandoning him will not be evidence based nor fact based. Trump could literally shoot someone and whether they stood by him or not would depend on how they gauged public sentiment and support. Not the facts of the crime. IF Trump can maintain public support such that distancing from him would cause a split in the Party and ensure even more losses in the next election they won't do it. If he is sinking in public support and dragging them down with him, they will kick him to the curb.

That is why Rudy and Trump want Impeachment. They saw how the Kavanaugh trial galvanized the base even as it was drifting prior. Nothing like a good partisan battle to get everyone to put facts aside and just retreat back to US versus THEM camps. Trump sorely needs that. And the media wants it. Kavanaugh was great theatre for them but only the opening act. This would be the ratings main event. And a loss gets more ratings than a win due to outrage.
*Damning

The bolded is something I'm pretty convinced about. My gut tells me, like always with a presidential scandal, that we will find out which party members care about integrity and morality and who is spineless and lacks the courage of their convictions.

Rudy Giuliani says he's afraid his epitaph will say he 'lied for Trump'
"I am afraid it will be on my gravestone. 'Rudy Giuliani: He lied for Trump. ..."

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back