People Often KO better strikers- Can you submit better grapplers?

Not true. That HW gorilla strength AND you gotta remember it's MMA with a CAGE. The positional adjustments that you can make in a grappling match aren't necessarily there when you are trapped against the cage like Josh was.

Ben got that neck and it was game over.

And honestly, sometimes it's just a guy with a crazy grip that catches a better grappler. Look at that front choke that Hughes locked in on Almeida as an example.

Dude I remember Barnett scrambling back and falling right from a grazing punch or elbow before Rothwell pounced and grabbed his neck. He was dazed momentarily and that's all it took

Dude I remember Barnett scrambling back and falling right from a grazing punch or elbow before Rothwell pounced and grabbed his neck. He was dazed momentarily and that's all it took

He got backed up to the cage with strikes but I don't think he was really hurt.

Not true. That HW gorilla strength AND you gotta remember it's MMA with a CAGE. The positional adjustments that you can make in a grappling match aren't necessarily there when you are trapped against the cage like Josh was.

Ben got that neck and it was game over.

And honestly, sometimes it's just a guy with a crazy grip that catches a better grappler. Look at that front choke that Hughes locked in on Almeida as an example.

I think Hughes choking out Almeida had more to do with Almeida not knowing he was in trouble rather than strength. The Shultz front headlock isn't normally something they teach in BJJ.

Pettis vs Bendo
Mir vs Nog (could be a draw, Nog has more of a pedigree tho)

I think you misread the thread. GSP hasn't been submitted, Cain has only been submitted by Werdum who is a better grappler and same for Fedor.

St. Pierre has been submitted, by Hughes. (First fight of theirs via arm bar) Not relevant to this thread because at the time, Hughes was the better grappler, but still a submission loss none the less.

I think you misread the thread. GSP hasn't been submitted, Cain has only been submitted by Werdum who is a better grappler and same for Fedor.
GSP was submitted by Matt Hughes.

Tank Abbott submitted a black belt Steve Jennum using the cage and I'm pretty sure Tank knew shit about subs at the time.

St. Pierre has been submitted, by Hughes. (First fight of theirs via arm bar) Not relevant to this thread because at the time, Hughes was the better grappler, but still a submission loss none the less.

True, I forgot about that cause Hughes was the better grappler at the time.

Rothwell/Barnett was a big surprise.

Didn't Cro Cop guillotine Randleman?

Frank mir subbed big nog
Matt Serra subbed gsp

Big Nog is not a more accomplished grappler than Frank Mir is; neither of them are really accomplished grapplers outside of MMA.

Second one is nonsense.

Of course you can. Fighting is chaotic. The more you train, the less likely something crazy will happen to you. The chance is always there though. Your training is just you trying to stack the odds in your favor.

Without reading results, here's a few that come to mind.

Jim Miller sub'd Oliviera
Ben Rothwell sub'd Josh Barnett
Matt Hughes sub'd Ricardo Almeida (after rocking him)

Back