People Often KO better strikers- Can you submit better grapplers?

Jorge d'arced the life out of chiesa.
Max did Swanson dirty with that guillotine and max was only a blue belt whilst Swanson was a black belt.

Rothwell submitting Barnett was mind blowing, never thought I'd see that.

Michelle Waterson subbed Jessica Penne
and maybe Valentina against Juliana Pena

Last edited:
Wasnt it the standard thing to say "depends on who issued the black belt"?

Jake Matthews on Vagner Rocha and Matt Horwich on Thales Leites

Can’t remember that happening often.

I do remember tony submitting gleison Tibau but that was after roughing him up with strikes.

Usually in MMA grapplers tend to cancel themselves out however you ask if you can submit the better grappler? I can answer that being I constantly am training and rolling.. yes. There are guys out there so good they get me 8 times for every time I get them but guess what? If it was a live fight I just got to get that one scramble and sub. So to explain better... it is hard but definitely can happen.

Look up threads from 10+ years ago(way before you watched MMA) the guys who were constantly talked about has having the best GnP were guys like Fedor, Shogun and Overeem.

I'm talking about how hard they hit on the ground not how many times they can hit someone without doing any damage.

I could be your dad for all you know

Sure it can happen. You've never seen a purple in your gym tap out a blackbelt sometimes?

Thought of another one.

Mike Van Arsdale subbed Joe Pardo

Van Arsdale was a Hammer House wrestler and Pardo was a BJJ Black Belt under Royce Gracie.

I did it once in a competition. My opponent came out grabbed me and tossed me easily but I think he got lazy and as I landed I was able to roll into an arm bar.

He went on to finish all of the rest of his matches and dominated everyone else.

Tim Sylvia was close to submitting Jeff monson and neutralized all his ground attacks

Lol, are you referring to that "triangle choke" he threw up where he only had his ankles linked?

Yeah, that was real close.

Back